Thursday!!

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Thursday!!

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

I don't know if you remember but a month or two ago, I showed up here in a similar panic about a bill that was brought down on me. You all comforted me, and God really used you to bring me down off that cliff too.

I did some research that night to find some alternatives and have had to do more work and some cutting back, too. I have had to do some work to helping myself.

BUT, since, instead of being 600 behind each month, somehow, my bills are actually all covered. Working a side job, money coming in from other people I wasn't expecting, etc. It stretches and God provides.

I don't want to sound like a Faith Movement preacher on TBN, but it has been wonderful to trust in the Lord in this area of my life. I am not praying to become a millionaire. I am just being amazed at the hope and joy that comes from putting a really anxiety-producing issue in God's hands. The outcome isn't about the money, it's about God's amazing love for me.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Katy, at least your sock wasn't undies! Smile have fun on your trip! Smile

Yeah... Ed pretty much said if it was undies... he'd have to go home for the day.

You should have said if it was undies you're the one that should have gone home for the day. That way you can get undies to fall out of your shirt more often Laughing

It was a small sock... but I guess I could have said it was my thong.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm

meether369 wrote:I don't know if you remember but a month or two ago, I showed up here in a similar panic about a bill that was brought down on me. You all comforted me, and God really used you to bring me down off that cliff too.

I did some research that night to find some alternatives and have had to do more work and some cutting back, too. I have had to do some work to helping myself.

BUT, since, instead of being 600 behind each month, somehow, my bills are actually all covered. Working a side job, money coming in from other people I wasn't expecting, etc. It stretches and God provides.

I don't want to sound like a Faith Movement preacher on TBN, but it has been wonderful to trust in the Lord in this area of my life. I am not praying to become a millionaire. I am just being amazed at the hope and joy that comes from putting a really anxiety-producing issue in God's hands. The outcome isn't about the money, it's about God's amazing love for me.

It's great that it all worked out, Mel.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm

meether369 wrote:I don't know if you remember but a month or two ago, I showed up here in a similar panic about a bill that was brought down on me. You all comforted me, and God really used you to bring me down off that cliff too.

Mel, I remember and I so appreciate you sharing it then and now again. I can see how it's just part of God trying to show me that I can trust him and that he is who he says he is and will do what he says he will do; which is a huge gargantuan process I'm working through
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:16 am

Motivation is still lacking, however I am seriously going to try to talk myself into some better habits today....you could pray that God does some work there. Smile

It is already shaping up to be a crazy weekend, I told the people I clean for that I would come tomorrow afternoon, since I have to work a little longer today at the school....but I forgot Piri has a field trip tomorrow that I am supposed to be at. Oy.

So, I must get some things worked out, plus get motivated to try to get so very many other aspects of life under control.

Control is an illusion.....

Well, anyway, I hope that your Thursday is filled with unexpected happiness. Have a great day.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:52 am

I'm on the phone with Allstate trying to file a claim. I'm feeling a little more even keeled this morning, but just really exhausted (which I'm trying to remind myself isn't helping my mental clarity)
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

So, for some reason, my emotions or hormones are on pms mode x 1000... literally I have random moments of bursting into tears and just general blahs
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 pm

being a girl sucks sometimes, especially hormonally! I hope you feel better soon Katy.

Bethany, glad to see things are working out, ( via facebook Smile )

I'm going to try to get some work done!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 pm

I had a fairly good day at work, although the gossiping and cattiness is starting to drive me nuts. I kind of threw a gauntlet down with one of the ladies I work directly with today. I am hoping that will put an end to all this stuff. It sucks how once gossiping starts, it makes all normal communication awkward.

I just stopped at Barnes and Noble where, unfortunately, they had games 75% off. I am such a sucker for classroom supplies. Now I am eating dinner and starting the book, Invictus. Yay for some relaxation before heading home! Smile

Bethany, how'd the claim end up going?

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm

I had today off and made prettles, went to the funeral home for my great aunt, and now I'm home. I have a feeling I want to do something, but it's not the weekend, it's cold, and I'm tired. I guess I'm staying home and watching a movie. I feel so boring.

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Melissa, I feel the same way working at st. stephens about the cattiness and gossip.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I had to pretend I was talking about someone else as I was implying my message to my co-worker today. It was ridiculous, but the whole thing is so out of control that no one can actually speak openly without waiting for daggers!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Sorry, this is so long
I got about 4 hours of sleep last night b/c I was shop vacuuming and washing the sopping wet sheets and towels.
Then I couldn't hardly sleep and woke up early I was so stressed and anxious.

But, I filed the claim with Allstate today and got a commercial cleaner out to start drying up the floors and giving an estimate for repairs. It's a carpet cleaning and restoration company that I'm officially in love with they were so awesome today.
They pulled up the carpet in the upstairs hall which was ruined and what did they find under it but hardwood floors :blink: Whoa. I shrieked, out loud. Scared the shit out of the workers.
So far they are saying they will for sure replace the flooring in the upstairs bath, the toilet upstairs, the flooring in the downstairs bath and laundry room. They will also be replacing all (ALL) the carpeting and padding in my master bedroom, the hall, the living and dining room. Because I have an open concept upstairs they won't stop at what is an unnatural break point.
They are trying to dry out and save the carpet in the basement, there are like 8 commercial fans and 2 commercial dehumidifiers down there. If they can't save the carpet they will also replace all the carpet in the basement and on the basement stairs and in the garage entry (again it's all open and they don't want to butt up 2 different carpets to each other.

So basically, if it's the worst case scenario I will get all the flooring in my house except the 2nd & 3rd bedrooms and the kitchen replaced for $500 out of my pocket.
About damn time insurance started being on my side

But the final call will be made on Monday. They want to give it the weekend to dry out with all these fans.
They also said that if the estimate to refinish the hardwood floors we found is comparable to replacing the carpet they are willing to just do that too. If it's more they will just cut me a check for the amount to replace carpet and I can put it towards refinishing the floors.
Hallefreakinlujah. I'm so exhausted.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

great news, Bethany! And sorry my facebook profile pic scared you....I laughed so hard when I found it!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:48 am

Well, Thursday again. 2 inches of new snow this morning.....

My days don't really deviate a whole lot. Today I cleaned at St. Stephens, now I have to go to class at St. Stephens, after that I have to clean for the Pataskis, which I don't love, but I am desperate for the money, I need dishsoap!! So, after I clean for the Pataskis, pick up Max and Piri from school, then I can go get the stuff I need to clean...and maybe I will use the rest of the money for pizza so I don't have to cook! HA! Then I have to do all the dishes that are piled in my sink, and it would be a good idea to start on the laundry.

Off to take the kids to school. Have a good day

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 am

Car pooled today! I love it!
There is a lot of drama at my work. Someone was fired last night and of course rumors are swirling. My manager came to the other early morning girl and I and said the late shifter that we have animosity with complained to her that we don't talk to her and asked our opinion on that situation.
So that should be fun.
Ugh. Drama.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm

We had a half day with students so I got Mexican for lunch before my afternoon meeting! Yay!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 am

Alright, I am sick and tired of things...so hopefully today I can start to make them better. I need to get out from under this load of crap that is around and on top of me....as I wrote that my dog knocked a plate off the table and it shattered....hmmmm, an omen perhaps?

I have tried so hard to simplify our house, get rid of stuff, just thinking it would make things easier, but honestly having kids will always make your life, not your life. I think women that have kids are fools, frankly, unless they have come to a place where they are willing to give up every part of themselves that they ever held dear. Unless they can afford a housekeeper, nanny, spiritual advisor, etc, etc, etc........
My kids don't even brush their teeth without me screaming about it.....I should not have children. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Every single part of my life needs a major overhaul....and I can't do it. I am sick of just doing the smae thing all the time.....oh so sick of it.

All of this to say, stay single, and don't have kids. Enjoy the life God gave to you. I should have taken the time to do that.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 am

I just came back to apologize for my toddler fit....I didn't delete it, because it is where I am sometimes....right or wrong....and I know it isn't right, And you guys know this is a huge struggle of mine...hopefully if I do give myself some time to do something that helps me to grow as a person, I will stop being so easily angered.

I should never post when I have just caught a child in the living room with a bowl of brownie batter, 3 kids have missed the bus, and no one has brushed their teeth or bothered to feed themselves. Smile with the exception of Piri who had at least eaten brownie batter.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 am

Angie sad hug
I'm sorry you're overwhelmed.
I'll be offline most of today just so you guys know. Work is in.sane and I'm drowning in it. Plus I have a meeting this afternoon to prepare for on top of all my normal duties.
But I'm dogsitting tonight so I'll probably be online since I'll be watching TV/just sitting there
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 am

Well I'm glad you're feeling a little better Ang. And I know despite however many "fits" you have that you love your kids even on their most annoying days. I love you! hug
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 am

I'm so glad that you do....sometimes I post this stuff and I think, "These people must think I am the biggest whiner ever!"

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 am

Angie everybody has rough times, the thing that makes it o.k. is the fact that you stick to it. The nice thing is you stick around and push through those rough times and come out on the other side stronger and still as loving as we all know you. So when you need a place to vent, there's no better place than here. sad hug

So my dad called me today and since he retired he's been calling and stopping by to talk about some of the most mundane things that he does throughout the day and I there are times I get so short with him because I feel as if I don't care about the caulking he redid in the bathroom, or how he fixed the 20 year old vaccum. Today when he called I realized that he's trying to make conversation every day and that someday I would wish I would have spent more time listening and talking to him, so I just sat and listened because he was talking to me about what he enjoys doing.

I sometimes forget how old my parents are getting and I've lost enough family members to realize where I went wrong so many other times and how I don't want those feelings to return someday when my parents are gone. It is nice to listen to my father finally talk about the things that make him happy rather than the 30 years of bitching about a job he hated that he made himself work at to support his family.

It's really what retirement is about.

These are really too deep of thoughts for Thursday morning. Laughing

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Angie, it's okay to vent here. We all do it.

Last night I picked a fight that was completely unwarranted and today I feel like a heel.

Tomorrow I start my first leg of two weeks of house sitting. I will be kitty sitting for a week for my friend in NW pdx. I've never actually gotten to explore that part of town, so I'm kind of excited. The only issue is, once you park your car, you pretty much need to leave it there, or you will never find another parking place...but, I can walk to work, and pretty much walk anywhere. And if worse comes to worse, I can use a parking garage. Also, she is only in a tiny studio, so she only has a microwave and small fridge, so I will be a test to see if I can stay on plan. Also, no tv, but free wifi. Anyway, I'll be there till next friday,
Then a week from saturday I'm kitty sitting for my friend in se portland. It will be easier to come and go from and a little closer to home. And she has a treadmill I can use... so I can keep up the walking I will start doing this week.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Pete, it is interesting, I do the same thing with my mom....somedays she will go on and on, and I just tolerate it, but I realized a few weeks ago, she is lonely and she just needs to be heard....and it has helped me to listen with love...she is crazy, but I enjoy her, and some of my best qualities are because of her.

Katy, I pick fights a lot...so I know the heel feeling all to well. You are a very sweet person, and I don't think there are too many people in this world who would think you are a heel! The kitty sitting sounds like fun.

I am home for the day, and have much to be done....and I am trying to truly work up the motivation and positive attitude I need to get it done. I also started looking at some on line writing stuff, so that I can try to work on that for myself a couple of nights a week.

I also have to decide if I am going back to the Beechwood for the summer or not....because if I am I should probably work Valentines weekend....so, decisions, decisions......

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next