Thursday!!

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Thursday!!

Post by meether369 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm

We had a kind of rough morning, but it balanced out. Then I started getting a bad headache. It was just getting worse and worse so I pulled over and took a little nap. That helped a bit. I am eating at Panera now hoping that will help even more!

I have a counseling appt tonight and then TV while cutting out stuff I laminated. Is it weird that cutting out things is one of my favorite ways to relax???

Angie, I am glad you are looking around for things for you. I recently had an idea for a painting. But, before doing it, I thought I would practice some sketching first so I pulled out my sketch pad from a couple years ago. There were some ink pointalism things I had done inside and seeing them really inspired me. I have been doing some sketching and it makes me feel so good. And is relaxing too. I don't know about you, but when my life gets really crazy, I usually turn to food, money, people, and creating something. it's usually the last straw--like I know things are really crazy if I am digging through my knitting tub at 11pm some night. But, it usually calms me down. Maybe taking some time to write will do the same for you?

In other news, you should tell your kids they can't eat until their teeth are brushed. Let them suffer the consequences! As a bonus, there might be more food for you to scarf down!! (I kid, I kid!)

Pete, there are times in my life when no other sound in the whole world is more annoying than my mother's voice. Like, it makes me want to vomit sometimes, or hang up on her, or run away. I think those are all extreme responses and probably terrible. But, I think it comes from years of that voice being the only one telling me what to do. I don't ever actually act on those impulses, and I truly love my mom dearly. But, just because we have those reactions doesn't mean their wrong--i think it is if we act on them, you know? So, if you choose to acknowledge them, but not act on them, they become easier to handle. Maybe you could schedule a weekly/biweekly meal with your dad where he could get it all out at once? And you would know, heading into that time with him, that it is his time to chitchat and it would be easier to take on a regular basis? And it would give him something to look forward to each week, too. I think it is hard for retired people to find meaning and purpose when, for so long, that was measured by their job or career.

Katy, this girl actually has a house where the only source to cook her food is a microwave?! That's busting my brain!!!

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

meether369 wrote:

Katy, this girl actually has a house where the only source to cook her food is a microwave?! That's busting my brain!!!

it's not a house... it's a studio apartment
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

No, but it is a permanent residence, no??

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

No, but it is a permanent residence, no??

yeah. but i've seen adds for places with only a sink and a microwave.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:44 pm

I would actually have an easier time with the eating problem if I only had a microwave I think....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Ugh, today was a day and a freakin half
The morning wasn't so bad but the afternoon just shit all over me and it was disgusting.

Did I tell you guys that I'm going to be moving into a new position at work? I'll be moving into the CS department for our new brand that's launching in July. I will be the only CS rep in that company for a few months until it gets busier and will be in line to move into a management position as the company grows.
I am also going on a mission trip to Mexico the last week of June (June 26th-July2nd)
When I requested my vacation time my manager told me they had just decided to launch the new brand on July 1st so I might want to re-think my vacation.
I asked her to check to be sure and she said they moved it to July 5th since July 1st is a Thursday before a long holiday weekend.
So woohoo! I get to go to Mexico!

Also, I asked my boss if I was for sure moving over. She said that yes, everyone had signed off on me taking the job in upper management and they all agreed that I was the one they wanted to take that job/career path. It felt really nice to be wanted Smile

Now I'm dogsitting for Jack (Katy, Pete and Mel it's the house we went to the Sunday of our DMF weekend). Shammy (the golden retriever) died a few months ago Sad So it's just Jack and I until Sunday.

Katy, I'm constantly amazed at how often you and I are sitting for pets at the same time!
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Poor Shammy. Sad

Congrats on the move over Bethany! And yeah that it won't interfere with your trip to Mexico!!

Mel, the meal is a good idea, but if Dad and I go out to Lunch or something without my mother it would be a disaster. My mother and father are attached at the hip and never go anywhere by themselves. I can't imagine a life like that, but it works so well for them and they make it look cute.
My siblings and I have such a vast variety of interests and my dad tries to keep up with them, but really the only thing we have in common is home repair and such so he talks about it alot. It's either that or trying to figure out what I was talking about on facebook. I got him connected on facebook and I created a monster. Laughing

I do agree that he's trying to figure out what to do now and we all agree we need to find him some kind of side work or a hobby or something because I think he's really starting to feel a little lost. I do enjoy listening to his stories now a lot more than I did listening to his work stories because he used to get so upset talking about work he'd get everyone worked up, so this is a nice change of pace. I just need to be more interactive and show him I care about what he's saying because he's really trying to get more involved in our personal lives in his own way. It's just an adjustment period for everyone.

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

If your dad is that interested in home repair he can come with you one weekend to visit my home that's in need of some repairs flower
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:09 am

he often asks what needs done down there. Laughing

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 am

Laughing
Once the flood sage of '10 is resolved there will be plenty of room!
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 am

You'd be amazed what we can accomplish once I finally get down there! My brother only works every third day and my father is retired! Plus they both are always looking for excuses to get out of town so you might have just won the lottery! Laughing

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 am

See, I told you I wasn't just worried about the rent! I'm worried about the free labor!
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Laughing

Just remember everything comes at a price and a few days with Julio could be more than one can handle. He's gotten better though.

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 am

I have rested too much--i could not wake up this morning! Yikes!

Katy, I listen to a Canadian radio station and this morning they reported that Saskatoon is the most romantic city in Canada--the Canadian Amazon analyzed their sales of a number of items that indicated romantic activity over the last couple weeks to see which cities bought the most and Saskatoon won. One of the items they looked at was Michael Buble CDs!!! Hah!

We're bowling today. And tomorrow is a half day. Then we have a long weekend!! Yay! This has been the weirdest week!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:40 am

HA! I heard that on London yesterday Melissa, they came in #10 on the list....is that really something to be proud of? Laughing

Today is the same as everyday has been for about a month, I am not motivated, my house is a wreck.....I just don't have anything left, I am just going to eat and gain weight and be useless until I die, ugh.

I did my taxes but can't e-file because all my info was saved on the computer from last year, so now I have to print and send and it will take forever, and I really need that money.....why does everything in life have to suck....I mean I will get the money and then all that is going to happen is I will pay all my bills and be caught up for about two months, and then be back to the same old thing, it isn't like my life is going to change for the better here....I am sick of things being so hard just to stay the same. Poop on life.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 am

sad hug
I'm sorry Ang

I'll probably be offline a lot today. Lotsa stuff going on at work and a shit ton of work to do. I'll miss you guys!
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

I worked late last night, woke up late this morning, have to work all day. My day off is Sunday and it feels like it's so far away!!

Can't wait for vacation!

Angie, I'm sorry you're feeling so low today. sad hug I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I have no words. When things suck it feels as if it will never get better, no matter what people say.

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 am

I'm just working again.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 am

I have been working, but just got a call that they are closing my kids' school at 11:30, so I will pick them up, take them home, and not return to work (because my wife works Tuesdays and Thursdays).

Snow.
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 pm

IN TEXAS!
Cahrazy!
How much are you getting?
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Bethany wrote:IN TEXAS!
Cahrazy!
Why do people say that? Just because we have hot summers doesn't mean we can't have snow in winter.

For the record, our women don't have big hair, and we don't all own an oil well, either.

As for how much snow we got today, it's a lot. Enough to build a snowman holding a bag of cheetos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

JamesWilliams wrote:
Bethany wrote:IN TEXAS!
Cahrazy!
Why do people say that? Just because we have hot summers doesn't mean we can't have snow in winter.

For the record, our women don't have big hair, and we don't all own an oil well, either.

As for how much snow we got today, it's a lot. Enough to build a snowman holding a bag of cheetos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't open the link... but I always thought every snoman liked fritos.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't think about people in Texas in regards to all having big hair, big guns etc. It just confuses me that it would snow there. If it snowed in Nevada I would be equally surprised
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Bethany wrote:I don't think about people in Texas in regards to all having big hair, big guns etc. It just confuses me that it would snow there. If it snowed in Nevada I would be equally surprised
In the Texas panhandle (Lubbock, Amarillo, etc.) it gets colder and has more snow that Ohio.
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alt="" />
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next