Thursday!!

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Thursday!!

Post by Pete on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am

[quote="Katykc"][quote="Pete"]Oh dear! Take cover!!! Get home and make sure you have safe water to drink! Prepare to be trapped inside your home for a week! You should really be running around screaming, it's the only way to take this news!!!

You laugh... but that actually happened here last year.

I'd be alright with that, but the 3" heading this way isn't going to trap anyone. I could use a week at home, I'd miss the pay check, but I'd make the best of it. Very Happy

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 am

The white death is here!!! I didn't notice due to the lack of windows in my living room! It's falling and falling fast, the roads are covered, my parking lot is covered and it just keeps coming down!

Maybe it will be bad enough they'll shut down the town before I have to go to work tonight!

One can hope can't he? Laughing

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Pete wrote:The white death is here!!! I didn't notice due to the lack of windows in my living room! It's falling and falling fast, the roads are covered, my parking lot is covered and it just keeps coming down!

Maybe it will be bad enough they'll shut down the town before I have to go to work tonight!

One can hope can't he? Laughing

We can pray.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 pm

It's still snowing, probably about 1 1/2" now but my supervisor is freaking out and saying it's 3" already (which is totally isn't)
Meanwhile 'm down to 71 open issues and still at 0 emails in my inbox!
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Went to Joe's Donuts this morning for office goodies. I guess this place is an icon in the new city I live in. I got my boss and the intern maple bars which looked yummy and I got a blueberry fritter which is soooooooo good! nom nom nom
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm

hollydog22 wrote:Went to Joe's Donuts this morning for office goodies. I guess this place is an icon in the new city I live in. I got my boss and the intern maple bars which looked yummy and I got a blueberry fritter which is soooooooo good! nom nom nom

do they use fresh blueberries?
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm

I love snowstorms....it is strange I know, and by the end of winter I won't love them....but I do really enjoy them...which is a good thing, because when you live on the lake, there is snow a plenty.

So, I did something totally not me today, I went to a nice little consignment shop and bought two blouses and a skirt.... I just had the urge to have some nice clothes that fit me.

So, I think Nate and I will go out tonight, we got a lot of gift cards, and so we are just going out for the heck of it. Yesterday was super stressful and I need to get out!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Yay! You should have the kids take a nice picture of you in your new outfit (with Nate!) and post it here so we can see it
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm

yeah, that would be two things in one day that are totally not me! Perhaps I will....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm

I am in the midst of the white death and really annoyed by it. The roads are bad because so much has fallen so quickly. It is mucky and slick. So everyone is going 5 miles an hour. And it's still falling so it's hard to see.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Drive safe, Mel!
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Heading into the great white tundra!
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

It took me an hour and forty-five minutes what usually takes 45...lovely. And I am not even home yet. Have an appt first, which means more snow can build up. But, hopefully less people will be on the road...

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Katykc wrote:Drive safe, Mel!

Thanks, katy. And FTR, I wasn't typing and driving at all today. I stopped at a gas station to get something to eat and ruin my cleanse because I couldn't handle it anymore with the weather. And now I am waiting at my appt.

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:32 pm

meether369 wrote:

Thanks, katy. And FTR, I wasn't typing and driving at all today. I stopped at a gas station to get something to eat and ruin my cleanse because I couldn't handle it anymore with the weather. And now I am waiting at my appt.

I didn't think you were typing and driving. I just wanted you to be careful.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Thanks! I was just clarifying though. Cuz it sounded like I was posting from the road, but technically I wasn't. So, not just for you, but for anyone reading and thinking maybe I was!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Thanks! I was just clarifying though. Cuz it sounded like I was posting from the road, but technically I wasn't. So, not just for you, but for anyone reading and thinking maybe I was!

That was like last week when I was trying to get help and I was texting someone and they asked if I was still driving... i may not be smart... but I'm smart enough to not text while driving in the snow in a place that hardly gets snow.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm

and now in the state of Oregon its against the law to drive and text at the same time or talk on the phone without a headset...be sure to have use your hands free devices when talking on the phone!
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm

hollydog22 wrote:and now in the state of Oregon its against the law to drive and text at the same time or talk on the phone without a headset...be sure to have use your hands free devices when talking on the phone!

hmmm... i wonder if they have a hands free device to text
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Katykc wrote:
hollydog22 wrote:and now in the state of Oregon its against the law to drive and text at the same time or talk on the phone without a headset...be sure to have use your hands free devices when talking on the phone!

Yeah, CALL THE PERSON! Hah!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

They actually have an application for the iphone for dragon dictation! you can dictate your text messages!!! lol
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

yeah...i don't have a hands free device for that either.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 am

I use speaker phone every time I am on the phone. Which is like, 4 times a month.

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 am

meether369 wrote:I use speaker phone every time I am on the phone. Which is like, 4 times a month.

yeah.... my speakerphone doesn't work well unless it's close to my mouth... which means I still have to hold it in my hand... so not really hands free. I just don't answer the phone or make a call when I'm on the car. I figure if people need to talk to me, they will leave a message or call back.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:49 am

well, it is shaping up to be a lovely day, weather wise, here in PA.

Today is my 15th wedding anniversary, it is also my sil's 30th birthday....so we are hosting a surprise get together here for her, because I know she will be upset if no one does anything for her. nate and I are going away for an overnight this weekend anyway....but I do wish that I hadn't said I would have anything here because my house is a wreck and I don't want to clean....I want to enjoy the day....no rest for the wicked I guess.

Well, I can't even think straight because my kids are yammering....like I said, I just don't have any time that is my own, and for the love of God, I hope that I don't die before I get some! HA

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next