Thursday!!

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Thursday!!

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 am

Happy anniversary Angie!
Working today, hangingout at Panera with Matthew while my sister has a meeting tonight. Super exciting stuff!
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 am

we went to Panera last night....I got a delicious strawberry smoothie. YUM

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 am

I went to Panera last night too!

At work today and feeling a lot better. Thankfully!

Tonight is dinner with my grandparents and getting ready for a meeting tomorrow. Fun times.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:12 am

we were gonna go to Panera for our staff meeting lunch ... we chose Red Robin instead Very Happy

Glad you're feeling better Mel!

Today is work work work and then tonight is FRINGE!!!
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

Happy Anniversary, Angie & Nate!!

I love Panera... but I love Red Robin more.

5 in a half hours and I'm outta here... and I'm super excited to get a corndog at the airport! (is it just wrong that the corn dog is one of the highlights of all my trips?)
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 am

Have a great time, Katy !!!!
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks, Holly! I'm gonna try. It's going to be raining the whole time... but it will be in the mid 60's so I can live with the rain.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 pm

So, let me start out by saying I was doing alot of laundry this weekend and I ran out of dryer sheets... which means... static clean.

So, this morning I was talking to my boss, and he looks at the floor and goes... "what is that"... and then I freaked him out when I got all excited cause it was a missing sock from my laundry... apparently it was stuck to the inside of sweater and fell out.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Awww, have a great trip Katykins!

In other freak out news:

I am so overwhelmed with figuring out medical insurance I CRIED about it. AT.WORK. Which sucks ass.
We're switching to a HSA (health savings account) and I feel like no matter what happens I'm about to get bent over because of it.
I'm not usually dissatisfied with being single but I briefly considered marrying someone for their insurance and paycheck.

It's so expensive and I have no idea how I'm going to find more room in my paycheck for any of this. Sad
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Bethany wrote:Awww, have a great trip Katykins!

In other freak out news:

I am so overwhelmed with figuring out medical insurance I CRIED about it. AT.WORK. Which sucks ass.
We're switching to a HSA (health savings account) and I feel like no matter what happens I'm about to get bent over because of it.
I'm not usually dissatisfied with being single but I briefly considered marrying someone for their insurance and paycheck.

It's so expensive and I have no idea how I'm going to find more room in my paycheck for any of this. Sad

I've never heard of an HSA. I've heard of a program where you can save money from your paycheck to go towards medical stuff, but not that being an actual medical insurance thing....

okay... I just wiki'd it and understand now... is it a program that you HAVE to participate in?

Oh, also, I'm sorry you cried at work... but if it makes you feel any better... I cry at work all the time.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm

That's probably a Flex Spending Account which can be used similarly to a HSA. But the HSA is (as far as I can tell):
I will pay approximately $60ish out per pay check (not per month bi-monthly) then I will also have to save $ per paycheck to go towards a $2500 deductible. Until I hit the deductible I pay 100% of every DR visit (except well visits like annual OB/GYN etc) and prescription.

So basically I have to come up with a way to save $2500 for the deductible in my HSA, $1000 for my flex spend to cover my dental bills and STILL come up with a way to save any kind of house emergency fund and a regular savings account ON TOP of regular bills and living expenses.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:35 pm

So basically you are pulling an extra $300-$350 dollars out of your monthly income? On top of what you alread pay for medical?
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Yep
And apparently the $60/paycheck goes towards catastrophic medical needs. Which makes me feel like pulling a Ned Flanders. Saying no thank you to insurance because it feels like gambling Laughing

As a single woman with no children and a decent paying job insurance is bending me over. It's just a fact that I will apparently have to get used to and adjust my lifestyle to accordingly. And by adjust my lifestyle I mean only do free things from this point forward and not eat anymore or drive anyplace other than places I go to get paid for things.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm

well, it just doesn't seem fair that you have to participate... and an employer should know how much it pays you, and how much this will cost you.

question... can y ou opt out of the insurance and get your own.. would maybe be cheaper?
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 pm

It wouldn't be cheaper. Because even though it's expensive my deductible would be $5K but my company is off setting 50% of it.
I guess my company tried to bid out to another insurance company but no one would bid on us. I guess some employees here made some really expensive claims last year and we are considered a high risk claim company. So no one wants to insure us because of those few people.
I want to figure out who they are and take out a hit on them.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Well... if you got your own insurance through a different provider, would it still be 5k? Of course, then you never know if they will actually accept you as an indivdual... blah!
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

I know. Blah
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Having Panera for lunch today!!! lol
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm

what a popular restaurant for the forum!

Bethany, the insurance thing sucks.....I am so sorry that you have to deal with that, it isn't right....I don't know what the solution is, but this is not how things should be.

Katy, I hope you have a marvelous trip....and I hope the corndog is all you are wishing for!

Melissa, what did you have a Panera last night? I need to get out of my rut when ordering there...

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I don't know about Mel, but I will be having a tukey bacon bravo tonight Feed Me
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Bethany wrote:Yep
And apparently the $60/paycheck goes towards catastrophic medical needs. Which makes me feel like pulling a Ned Flanders. Saying no thank you to insurance because it feels like gambling :lol:

As a single woman with no children and a decent paying job insurance is bending me over. It's just a fact that I will apparently have to get used to and adjust my lifestyle to accordingly. And by adjust my lifestyle I mean only do free things from this point forward and not eat anymore or drive anyplace other than places I go to get paid for things.

Possibly there are other health insurances you can look into that would be cheaper? I mean, if you have to pay, maybe shop the market?

I know how scary money issues can be, and it's totally okay to cry about it. But, also know that it's just money--it comes and it goes. God is caring for you with love and grace and provision that never ceases. That all sounds trite, I know, but really it ends up working. Bills get paid, money stretches. It takes some work and commitment, but believe me, it works out. You will be okay. God won't let you go. Life as you know it might change, but it won't be forever. God is forever, money problems aren't.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I am a sucker for Panera's mac and cheese this time of year. And I had half of the chix dijon panini.

Katy, at least your sock wasn't undies! Smile have fun on your trip! Smile

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:51 pm

meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:Yep
And apparently the $60/paycheck goes towards catastrophic medical needs. Which makes me feel like pulling a Ned Flanders. Saying no thank you to insurance because it feels like gambling Laughing

Possibly there are other health insurances you can look into that would be cheaper? I mean, if you have to pay, maybe shop the market?

I know how scary money issues can be, and it's totally okay to cry about it. But, also know that it's just money--it comes and it goes. God is caring for you with love and grace and provision that never ceases. That all sounds trite, I know, but really it ends up working. Bills get paid, money stretches. It takes some work and commitment, but believe me, it works out. You will be okay. God won't let you go. Life as you know it might change, but it won't be forever. God is forever, money problems aren't.

Thanks Mel. That does help a lot.
I've calmed down a lot about it. Other people helped talk me off the crazy ledge, which is really where I was. I mean I kept panicking and then my panic would spiral into even more irrational thoughts that weren't helpful in calming me down at all.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:53 pm

meether369 wrote:

Yeah... Ed pretty much said if it was undies... he'd have to go home for the day.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Yeah... Ed pretty much said if it was undies... he'd have to go home for the day.

You should have said if it was undies you're the one that should have gone home for the day. That way you can get undies to fall out of your shirt more often Laughing
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next