Sunday!!

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sunday!!

Post by Angie on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am

Well, the tree is in the house, the house is fairly decent....not perfect, but not a pig sty! I think we are going to bake cookies today, but I have to get dressed and go to the store...hmmmmm....

Laundry is in. Looks like it will be a pretty good day.

I have the Beechwood Christmas party at 5 tonight, we won't stay long, but we will go just for fun. I do have to make something to take to it though.....

So, anyway, it will probably be a busy day, but at least we are mostly together...Andrew is at my moms.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday!!

Post by meether369 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:14 am

I have church and then some shopping and then dinner with friends in one of the small town areas that really decorates their main street for Christmas.

It should be a nice day.

Angie, your day sounds like fun! Those are the kind of days that get you into the mood!

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 am

And I totally just used Quick Reply and didn't even think twice!

THANK YOU Pete!!!

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Mel! You DOUBLED your post count while I was out of action this weekend!
SON OF A BITCH! Mad

Today I was up early, we had a bake sale for Washington Project and raised almost $1500 during both services. All the money is going to Advent Conspiracy which we're using to build clean water wells in Uganda.
When that was over I dashed home, dropped off my goodies and headed to Clifton for Five Guys for lunch followed by Urban Outfitters, then Target. But the good news is my Christmas shopping is officially done!

I've pretty much been lazing about in bet since then, which is dumb because I have so much to do to get my house ready for this week!
Ack!
But why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Smile
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Bethany wrote:

And maybe die in the meantime and not have to do at all... at least that is what my dad said once.

I haven't done a whole lot of productive things this weekend. I made cookies yesterday to take to work tomorrow and I made magic bars tonight for mom to take as gifts to people at work. I haven't done laundry, but i bought some Christmas socks at The Dollar Tree today, so I should be okay for now. I am however on the end of my undies and into the "won't stay up or rides too far up" stock.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Katykc wrote:
I am however on the end of my undies and into the "won't stay up or rides too far up" stock.

Those are the worst!
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:04 am

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:

And maybe die in the meantime and not have to do at all... at least that is what my dad said once.

I haven't done a whole lot of productive things this weekend. I made cookies yesterday to take to work tomorrow and I made magic bars tonight for mom to take as gifts to people at work. I haven't done laundry, but i bought some Christmas socks at The Dollar Tree today, so I should be okay for now. I am however on the end of my undies and into the "won't stay up or rides too far up" stock.

What are magic bars?
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 am

Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:
But why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. :)

What are magic bars?

magic?
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:26 am

meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:

What are magic bars?

magic?

Magic.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:

What are magic bars?

magic?

Magic.

they are like cookie bars..

they have a graham cracker crust, then you layer sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips (you can use butter scotc ho pb chips in them too), coconut, then nuts... and then you bake them. They are evil.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:
But why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. :)

What are magic bars?

magic?

Magic.

they have a graham cracker crust, then you layer sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips (you can use butter scotc ho pb chips in them too), coconut, then nuts... and then you bake them. They are evil.

No, I believe they are magic.

Maybe it's black magic...the dark arts...

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:

What are magic bars?

magic?

Magic.

No, I believe they are magic.

Maybe it's black magic...the dark arts...

it could be... hmmm... maybe I should make harry potter bars
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 pm

What would be in those? Berty Botts? Or Chocolate Frogs? Or Trickle Fudge?

What did Harry smell when he wiffed the Felicitous potion (or whatever it was called) that made him think of the Burrow and ended up being Ginny's smell??

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 pm

ooo! Butter beer!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:40 pm

meether369 wrote:What would be in those? Berty Botts? Or Chocolate Frogs? Or Trickle Fudge?

What did Harry smell when he wiffed the Felicitous potion (or whatever it was called) that made him think of the Burrow and ended up being Ginny's smell??

flowers
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Sooo, maybe chocolate for the frogs. butterscotch for the butter beer. and rose petals for ginny.

Umm, that doesn't sound so great...

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 pm

meether369 wrote:Sooo, maybe chocolate for the frogs. butterscotch for the butter beer. and rose petals for ginny.

yeah... i think i'll stick with the dark arts bars
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:Sooo, maybe chocolate for the frogs. butterscotch for the butter beer. and rose petals for ginny.

What could we use for flowers? Didn't he smell broom polish too? Hmm...

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

What could we use for flowers? Didn't he smell broom polish too? Hmm...

They should have these candied flower things somewhere, I know I've seen them before
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 am

Well, it is Sunday again. On this cold Sunday the tree that I mentioned in the initial post of this thread will be leaving our house.

I am slightly irritated right now that all of my kids stayed up so late that they can't get their butts out of bed for Sunday School. I will be honest the only reason I take them to Sunday school is so that I can have an hour by myself on Sundays.....and when I don't get that hour to have coffee and read, I get a little grouchy. But I will be staying home and doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen instead....which I suppose, is a better use of my time....but not one I really like.

If it is warm enough we will walk across the bay today, it is frozen solid.

It has been a crazy week....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 am

Family drama is reaching a high pitch but I think there is some resolution in sight so that is good.

I am kind of feeling low as a result of this past week, too, Angie. I don't think needing a few moments to yourself on a regular basis is selfish at all. We need to remember ourselves and remember our God regularly to get through this life. It is all the more important when things are hard, I think.

The series at church right now is abour inrerruptions in life and today's message was on how important the GOOD interruptions are, the surprise parties of life that God gives us to remind us of joy and hope. I need a surprise party right now. And maybe you do too. I am praying for clarity in this next week to see the moments and embrace them as such.

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 pm

We played Bingo this morning at the nursing home and I got to chat with a lot of people I haven't seen the last few weeks because I've been sick and just leaving right after church. So that was nice.
Now I'm eating lunch and am waiting for Dan to come pick me up so we can go goodwill hunting.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I have a serious case of the blah's.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Me too Sad
I wish we could be blah together