Sunday!!

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: Sunday!!

Post by Pete on Mon May 03, 2010 10:57 am

Angie wrote:I was joking Melissa. HAHA

Pete, that is so cool, I'm glad you had fun, I was thinking about you Saturday night, and I told Nate we should've drove to Cleveland.

I thought about you, I kept seeing signs for Erie! If I would have had more time I would have gone the extra miles to see you!!

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun May 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Back online (at least to the forum, this glitch that's happening was not fun to look at on my phone!) after 4 days.
Gatlinburg was fun and then dinner with the parents last night, church this morning found me speaking on stage about Washington Project and then lunch and playing with the self propelled mower that Mom and Dad brought me (they bought a new mower and I "inherited" their 7 y/o one)
Then I took a loooooooong nap
I missed you guys. Smile
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Missed you too! Did you have fun? hug

-Rent
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun May 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I did I had a lot of fun!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 am

I worked until 4, then we had Subway and went for a hike. The rest of the night was spent in mad junk food debauchery. Ice cream and brownies and sponge candy. Oh what a night!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 am

Sunday again! Went for a run, and now I am onto the laundry. We have a couple of family parties to go to after church, and maybe a hike or something. Just a lazy Sunday, hopefully.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 am

Just getting up...and I think I have a busy Sunday ahead of me. I have a lot of errands etc. left from yesterday.

Angie, did the shop have insurance that will cover what was destroyed?

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 pm

I woke up to rain. I'm not real happy about that. I was enjoying the sunshine.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Melissa, the shop is insured. So, it will all be taken care of.

Ate too mach cake at party #1....now to party # 2....where I will refrain from the cake! Smile

I had a veggie burger at Fudruckers today....it was good!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun May 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Church, we painted the nails of the girls at One Way Farm and all 10 of my fingers are different colors b/c they tried out the colors on my nails to see if they'd like them Smile
Then I returned my 50's costume from the BBQ last night and came home. I FINAFREAKINLY painted the base board and trim for the hall bath so now I can get everything installed and get that bath up and running again.
I also sold my old phone to someone at church. I told them they could just have it for free and they forced $40 on me, which after protesting a bit I gratefully accepted.
I did some laundry, picked up a little, finished watching HP CoS, watched HP PoA and am now watching HP GoF.
I still have a load to fold finishing up in the dryer than I'm thinking early night Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon May 17, 2010 1:40 am

Technically it's not Sunday anymore, but I survived the day.

Got up early, after getting home at 4am, made 25# of macaroni salad which took a little longer because I'm a bit out of practice, I had to actually read the recipe again! Laughing I then loaded my car with the door prizes, roaster, mac. salad, bowls and such and delivered them to the golf outing. I visited with the family a bit, watched everyone drive off to golf and then I headed home, caught a 20 minute nap and then got ready and left for work. What was supposed to be a 7 hour shift quickly turned into a 9 hour shift because of my co managers inability to do simple math (WITH a caluculator) and their inept basic accounting skills.

I'm exhausted but I still have a few things to do tonight to be ready for my meeting at the bank tomorrow. I'm so freakin nervous, I hope everything goes well. I have to work right after so there will be no news on here for about 23 hours.

-Rent
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 am

Dude, SEND ME A TEXT or something!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Fed the families at RMH brunch this morning, it was a lot of fun and I cried like 3 times when we were on the tour looking at the room doors explaining what was going on with all the kids there.
Came home, watched some SATC in anticipation of SATC2 coming out Thursday and then went to Costco with Sharen.

Now we're waiting for the LOST even to start. We have chips, salsa and brownie bites to tide us over so we don't starve to death Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun May 30, 2010 9:36 am

Prodding Pete to get moving. I'm already showered. Hoping to have the boxes in the house and ready to go before we head to breakfast/lunch at Pizza Hut buffet with Pete's parents then packing packing packing.
I will be keeping Pete off the computer so he can stay motivated so he might not be around Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 am

it worked. She was a slave driver, but I'm glad because we got so much accomplished!! Hopefully I can keep the drive going when I start working on my business office....what a mess.

-Rent
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Prodding Pete

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:19 pm

We wrote letters of appreciation to the men and women that care for the children living in the childrens homes in Monterrey Mexico for Washington Project.
I got a FB message from a friend directing me to her new blogger address where she announced that she's beginning the process to transition from a female to a male. Not that I'm surprised really, it's just big time crazy stuff that I have no realm of understanding.
I would appreciate prayers that I can love her well through this journey. I'm the only one in her life that is a Christian. Not even getting into any spiritual aspects I just want to love her well so we can maintain the relationship through this.

Then I came home and cut the grass. Now I'm set to just kicked back do big fat nothing the rest of the day.

Pete, how did your trip to Michigan go?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Wow, that's some pretty intense stuff, Bethany.

I went to church and lunch with a friend, came home and did laundry and read a bit, and am just getting back from the grocery store. I want to prep my meals, even though I hate doing it, so that I can eat healthy this week. I was doing well, but lost track of it, and have been feeling kind of crummy lately as a result.

I am realizing a lot of areas of my life are out of whack right now so this afternoon I was reading and trying to come up with some measurable objectives and a plan of action for getting things a bit more on track. At the core of it is a desire to know Christ on a more one-on-one basis which is very deep within me. But, it's all going to take discipline I don't have...so, I guess it goes back to him as well: I am praying he will help me in that area. It's me that has to do it, but I am praying my motivation stays strong with him at the center. I can't keep living like this. It isn't really living at all. I am looking to certain things to meet needs they can't possibly meet. It ends up being a very discouraging cycle. And it isn't leading me any closer to Christ--or anything healthy for that matter. I feel like I am at a crossroads or something.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah Mel, I'm feeling that way a lot myself. One thing I did was sign up for a mentoring program my church is offering this summer.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:46 pm

I ran 11 miles today. I am sore, I must admit. Then I cooked and cleaned wrote a rap about radioactivity for my kids. The house is starting to look decent...and I bathed the dogs, so the house even smells better!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Bethany wrote:Yeah Mel, I'm feeling that way a lot myself. One thing I did was sign up for a mentoring program my church is offering this summer.

So crazy! I have been meaning to talk to some people at church about something like this...where older women disciple younger women. I would love that!!

meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Angie wrote:I ran 11 miles today. I am sore, I must admit. Then I cooked and cleaned wrote a rap about radioactivity for my kids. The house is starting to look decent...and I bathed the dogs, so the house even smells better!

Sounds like a productive day Angie!

Melissa, I'm a little nervous about who I'm going to get but excited at the same time. It's initially just meeting with them monthly through the summer but I'm hoping it will turn into a longer term. I'm really just feeling so disconnected from God and life even to some degree. I want to do nothing but talk about it, but I can't find the words to talk about it or the energy to do so. Stupid conundrums Rolling Eyes
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Angie wrote:I ran 11 miles today. I am sore, I must admit. Then I cooked and cleaned wrote a rap about radioactivity for my kids. The house is starting to look decent...and I bathed the dogs, so the house even smells better!

Speaking of rap...they played this at church this morning. The guy in the turquoise shirt and the guy with the D tat on his neck are our main pastors. The other guys dancing around when the girl is singing, "We be giving our thanks" are the other teaching pastors.

It might not be as funny to y'all, but gosh this had me laughing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Bethany wrote:
Melissa, I'm a little nervous about who I'm going to get but excited at the same time. It's initially just meeting with them monthly through the summer but I'm hoping it will turn into a longer term. I'm really just feeling so disconnected from God and life even to some degree. I want to do nothing but talk about it, but I can't find the words to talk about it or the energy to do so. Stupid conundrums :roll:

Hope this new opportunity helps!

meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:10 am

Angie when I read you created a rap about radioactivity I laughed because it was so random and I totally pictured you doing it. I love that you put that in there.

My trip to Michigan was all sorts of out of whack. I'm very glad I went because I know my friend George appreciated me making the trip, and I enjoyed hearing more about the awesome life that Patty lived. I'm also glad I went because it helped me to realize just how out of place I was in Michigan. I got to see a lot of people I spent time with when I lived up there and I realized how different I am.

They are all wonderful people don't get me wrong, but I realized that some people are put in our lives for a certain time frame and not meant to be a part of us forever. I will always hold them close to my heart, but I know I was never meant to stay in Michigan, and while I knew that when I left, it made me feel better.

The chaplin that was meeting with Patty the last few months of her life shared with everyone several of their conversations and I was sad that she didn't know God before. She honestly believed she wasn't worthy of God's love because of things she did in the past. I'm very glad that she reached out for him and began to understand God's love before she left us, because she lived God's word everyday and didn't even realize it until the end.

It's been a long day of self analyzing and realizations but it was a good day and I don't regret a minute of it....well I might regret that last jello shot at my cousin's graduation party tonight, but that's a different story.

-Rent
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next