Sunday!!

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: Sunday!!

Post by meether369 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Angie wrote:So, I went to the coffee shop today during Sunday school hour, armed with The Allure of Hope, The Message, and my journal....I did some serious journaling, and then when I went to church, God really used everything to work in relation to what I was journaling about....it was pretty amazing.

Thanks so much for the books, Melissa!

I love those times, Angie. I was really hoping for my own this weekend, but I don't think I let it happen. I was too tired. So, funk still stands. Kind of. Although I rested a lot and that was nice too.

Pete, my mom is having similar probs at her church and about to have a coronary over it all. Church politics are horrible.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 pm

I feel like I could sleep for a week. I think I will take a personal day tomorrow.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 am

has anyone heard from bethany in the last 30 hours? i tried to text her today, but didn't hear anything back...
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

I haven't heard anything either. I know she babysat Friday night, worked a the bookstore on Saturday, but that's all I know. I'll send out the hounds if we don't hear from her on Monday.

Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn.
-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 am

okay... if i don't hear anything by tuesday i will call her
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 am

[quote="meether369"]
Angie wrote:So, I went to the coffee shop today during Sunday school hour, armed with The Allure of Hope, The
Pete, my mom is having similar probs at her church and about to have a coronary over it all. Church politics are horrible.

No one is having a coronary thankfully. It's just frustrating, even for the other council members because he's not releasing information discussed from their meetings because it doesn't fit what he wants to do. He's completely caught up in a local grant program and wants us to do our building projects without any committees because of the money the city is offering. There are a thousand catches to this thing and no guarantee of approval until after we've signed contracts, so we decided as a church today to look further into the projects, but to reject the grant money completely, it would end up costing us money to do it that way.

It's frustrating but it's not bad compared to what our church has been through in the past. It was nice to see the congregation stand up and take charge the way it was always meant to be. It means our church is much stronger than it has been and that did make me happy.

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:08 am

Katykc wrote:okay... if i don't hear anything by tuesday i will call her

well I would call her too just to warn her that the hounds had been released. It's only fair. Laughing

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:14 am

Katykc wrote:has anyone heard from bethany in the last 30 hours? i tried to text her today, but didn't hear anything back...

O.K. update, she last logged into the forum at 12:19am today, that was about an hour ago. She's alive, or someone is logging in pretending to be her.

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 am

thanks Smile
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 am

I love you guys. I updated in the Monday thread, but basically I was pretty much just overstimulated and overwhelmed and shut down for a day. I didn't tweet or anything.
I'm not processing this stress well and am not sleeping well either. So I logged in but the last update I saw was Katy saying she was taking a personal day today so I missed all the missing Bethany stuff.

Thanks though shots
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:17 am

Sunday again. It is bitterly cold here, but the sun is shining, and it looks lovely outside.

I have been up doing laundry, so people have clean clothes for church and the rest of the week.

Looking forward to my hour at the coffee shop!

Piri has been up with me and she is always asking to watch videos on youtube, she has really been into Fishheads this week, but I decided that she should be cultured in fine female vocalists, so we watched Eva Cassidy videos this morning, and it is I guess cathartic for me, I cry the entire time I listen to her sing, it isn't just her voice, it is everything about her life and death and her voice....it speaks to the human condition, I think, or at least to my condition, if that makes any sense.

So, I don't know what we will do on this, my birthday eve, since tomorrow we will all be working and doing school and the usual stuff....we shall see.

I hope that everyone has a lovely Sunday that some special little thing happens that reminds you all that you are loved!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:28 am

Sounds like a fun Sunday Morning, Angie. I hope the whole day goes well!

I am really having a hard time and it is just getting worse. So, I am really hoping for some special little thing to happen for me.

It's probably impossible to love any human being simply too much. We may love him too much in proportion to our love for God; but it is the smallness of our love for God, not the greatness of our love for the man, that constitutes the inordinacy. --CS Lewis, Four Loves
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:29 pm

meether369 wrote:Sounds like a fun Sunday Morning, Angie. I hope the whole day goes well!
I am really having a hard time and it is just getting worse. So, I am really hoping for some special little thing to happen for me.

I hope something special happens for you too.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 am

Sunday we made fleece tie blankets to give to the families in a local NICU and PICU for WP. It was Tailgate Sunday at church and we had a local drumline, grill outs and a rockin good time.

Then I spent the afternoon doing laundry, cleaning the house, sorting mail/paperwork and watching the Grammys
Nothing terribly exciting.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

On my way to church. I am feeling quite good this morning. I have, for the last week, done yoga (fron here on out, called yoga-lay-hee-who!) Everyday! My back feels better, and I feel better about myself. I am sure I will fail sometimes, but in the meantime, it feels good to celebrate small accomplishments!

I also set my budget which I have been putting off for a week or two. Although I didn't want to do it, it was weighing on my conscience.

Today is a Superbowl party, which should be fun!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Okay, so it was almost a totally unproductive weekend here....what's new?

I am going to get on this weight loss train, I am so very tired of disliking myself for something I can do something about....

Melissa, the yoga you are doing is on youtube? I have got to start doing something, and I am just going to have to get up extra early and get my ass in gear.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:09 pm

I slept till almost noon, then i took a while in getting ready and didn't leave the apartment till about 2. I got a sandwich from the place i got breakfast yesterday and took that and a cup of coffee to a park and had a little picnic. Then I went to Trader Joes to get some stuff for breakfast for the week. I only have a couple days of lunches figured out, but I think I'll be able to be good. After bringing the groceries back I went to Starbucks and read for a bit. I need to figure out what to do for dinner then I'll be in for the night. I'm half way tempted to run back to trader joes and get stuff to make english muffin pizzas for dinner the rest of the week, but her fridge here is really small and she's already got it pretty fool. But maybe I will do that tomorrow.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 pm

So, I moved into my new house yesterday... and by moved in, i mean dragged my laundry basket over, and by new house, I men the house I'm kitty sitting.

Mom and I went to the Yard, Garden and Patio show yesterday. We joined the Columbia River Daylilly Club... I didn't know I liked daylillies, but it was $10 for my mom to join and then said I could join for $5, plus we got coupos and two free lilly bulbs.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might go see The Lightning Thief today.
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Ooo, the Lightning Thief. Sounds good!!

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I worked at the Beechwood this morning, and made enough in tips to buy gifts for the birthday party Aidan attended today.

We took Piri and Rhys to see The Princess and the Frog, which seemed like a great movie, but I had to leave a half an hour early to pick up Aidan from the party, so I don't know how it ends yet.

Ethan and Leaf went to the mall while we were at the movies, and they are now at youth group. Andrew is at my moms of course.

Not a super exciting day, but I have tomorrow off, so I am hoping to gain control of the household mess, at best tomorrow....we shall see.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:35 pm

We served breakfast at a women and children's homeless shelter for Washington Project, then I came home and took a 3 hours nap.
My friend Claire was admitted to the hospital, she was puking and has asthma so she couldn't breathe very well.
She's doing better but I did an emergency run over to her house to let her dogs out and feed them dinner since she and her husband had been in the ER for 6 hours.

Now I'm watching Bridges of Madison County and considering just going to bed for the night.
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Wow, I'm glad Claire is feeling better! I'll say a little prayer for her.

I did some small shopping today to get some essentials trying to spend as little as possible because of the financial stress this month carries with it, and after that exhausted me I came home and have been napping in between doing some cleaning and taking my cold medicine. I'm going to kick this thing as quickly as possible. I hate colds.

-Rent
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Sunday again. Pete leaves tomorrow Sad
The hall light won't work now and the exhaust we bought the light in there doesn't work. So his job today is to figure out what that's about.
I am dry wall mudding and trying not to cry.

Today's message at church (whole service really) about breaking legalism and finding true freedom in Christ was AMAZING. Brought both of us to tears.
Whelp, see you later Smile
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 pm

How did they say to do that, bethany? Sounds intriguing.

I am heading into a group study right now about relationships. Last week I had a panic attack because the people were annoying me so much. So, we shall see how this week goes. Interesting what you learn about yourself and where you learn it!! I am extremely judgmental, apparently. I was really convicted about it, but still don't know if I can face the breakout groups yet...

meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:47 pm

so, I think that you should both expand on your posts....Bethany about the sermon, and Melissa about the groups and what you have learned about yourself.

I am pmsing and super emotional, I really want to have a good cry, but I am always surrounded by people.

Also trying to set a budget, and clean up my life a little....whoo hooo..... Evil or Very Mad

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next