Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday!

+4
Katykc
Bethany
Pete
meether369
8 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Wednesday! - Page 3 Empty Re: Wednesday!

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 am

I worked out with FT last night, was still hard but more manageable than last week.
I'm hoping to go to the gym again tonight.
Working...then nothing else really.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 am

I awoke at 7:30am this morning to the sound of my phone ringing....15 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. Seems my "boss" at work couldn't get the printer to print because of an error message. What am I supposed to do from here that she couldn't do there?

Since the main boss is out on medical leave, my phone rings no less than 7 times a day with stupid questions like this......and I'm 2nd from the bottom in the power chain and yet I'm the one that everyone calls to get questions answered....including the person I'm supposed to report to......who gets paid over a dollar more an hour than I do. Really? Rolling Eyes
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 am

Don't answer your phone.
Also, you can't help it if you're just so darn brilliant that even your bosses need to ask your advice
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

Meeting went well.......very well. I allowed myself about 5 minutes of excitement after he left but then made myself remember that financing is a tricky thing. He did mention that the bank is looking into a couple different loaning programs that he's suited for to help with the down payment. He's going to keep me updated with what he finds. The five minutes I allowed myself was enough to improve my mood this morning though. Very Happy

I'm still keeping myself skeptical though.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:38 am

So....why did the meeting go well. What made you feel optimistic about it (if you want to share)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, I'm running on about two hours sleep... i spilled my coffee in the lobie (i can't spell that freaking word) then burst into tears when I told my boss I needed to go clean it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 pm

hug
I'm sorry Katy I hope your day gets better like right now
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Bethany wrote:So....why did the meeting go well. What made you feel optimistic about it (if you want to share)

The fact that he found out the inspector that was here from the state said he doesn't need state inspection after all, which would allow him to save money on renovations because the things the state would want him to do that the county doesn't require would be a bit much at the beginning. He's also getting more hopeful with the idea as well, he was going on about his different ideas and I found him sometimes saying "when" instead of "if". The fact that there are programs he's eligible for to help with the down payment is also hopeful. I am still pretty far from being optimistic, but the meeting left me in a good mood. He's listening to my advice and went straight to the bank I use because they've been the store's bank for 45 years and know this place really well.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm

So have you guys talked at all about the money part of it? Is he comfortable paying what you need him to pay (or at least in the ballpark)? Unlike those last people who were RI.DICULOUS
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm

yes, I laid out the deal to him from the first time we spoke. We have agreed on a price unless it appraises for less, then we'll negotiate because the bank won't approve a loan for more than it's worth.

That's the nice thing about this situation there is no mystery as to what he will offer because we already have a price agreed on.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice! So as long as the appraisal is at or above the price and the bank approves finances it's a done deal? Am I understanding that correctly.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 pm

yes, as long as the bank approves his financing and the appraisal is at least the amount of the agreed upon price (still $22,000 under list) then we meet with the lawyer and draw up the paperwork.

I told him if we used the same lawyer I would pay the bill because it would go quicker and I know what my lawyer charges me and he seemed keen on the idea. It will also go quicker because we could meet with the lawyer together and not have to wait on reviews and signatures.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:02 pm

But you're happy with the agreed on price, like you'll be able to pay off stuff and make the leap to Cincinnati right?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 pm

bom So I was a good girl and went to the gym after work.
I get a nice turkey sandwich to eat and have a nice drive home. I park in the garage and stroll to the door. I open it and what do I hear?

A EGGING WATERFALL IN MY BASEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF Mad

Apparently the toilet tank in my hall bath cracked from top to bottom and all day had been emptying onto the floor and refilling only to empty onto the floor again. It had gone through the duct work and into my laundry room, the storage area (but thankfully only to the area I stocked with stuff already transferred to plastic bins). In the basement living room the drop tiles all were collapsing or had collapsed and the sofa is soaked on one end. The bed in the 4th bedroom in the basement is soaked on the box springs. The ceiling completely collapsed in the 1/2 bath in the basement and you can see the support beams in the ceiling are soaked.

Ugh effing tastic. :sigh:
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 pm

oh. my. dear. lord.

I don't even know what I would do, Bethany. I am really sorry that's happened. I think I would just back out of the house and lock the door never to return. Curl up in a ball somewhere...

But, that's me. What did you do??
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Yuck! Do you have insurance? Will it cover it?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 pm

meether369 wrote:oh. my. dear. lord.

I don't even know what I would do, Bethany. I am really sorry that's happened. I think I would just back out of the house and lock the door never to return. Curl up in a ball somewhere...

But, that's me. What did you do??

Mel that is exactly what I wanted to do.
I burst into tears, ran blindly downstairs and just grabbed my head and looked wildly around the laundry room. Then ran upstairs to the hallway, slushing my way down the hall and realized water was POURING out the back of my toilet. I turned the valve and tried to turn the water off but it just kept pouring out! So I tried calling my dad and he said, "I'll call you back" AND HUNG UP ON ME! Sad So I stood in the dining room literally just screaming and crying "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!" and called my dad again. Then I ran out the back door to my neighbors house (the one behind my house that I share the fence line with) and banged on their door. After an EXCRUCIATINGLY long time they answered and I was crying and kept trying to call my dad (WHO KEPT HANGING UP ON ME!!!!) and they came over to help me figure out what was going on.
That's when we figured out that the back of the tank was cracked. So the water was off to the tank but since there was still water in the tank it was still draining out. But since the water was off once it emptied it won't KEEP REFILLING.

My neighbors ran back to their house and brought me their shop vac and I thanked them profusely (I think I'm going to make them cookies or something to thank them because I have NO IDEA what I would have done without them) and they talked me through beginning to clean up. I called about a gajillion people to track down some dehumidifiers. The basement alone will need quite a few because the water just went everywhere. Sharen ran over to West Chester (by where my church is) to pick one up and my friend Justin brought over another one (and his wife graciously let him hang out for over an hour helping me calm down and get the clean up started, I really love those guys).
I got the upstairs hall vacuumed as best as I can I think and have fans blowing on there. Tomorrow morning I'm going to run over to West Chester and pick up another dehumidifer to put in the upstairs hall.
The basement has a dehumidifier going in the laundry room and one in the 4th bedroom in the basement and I've shop vac'd down there as much as my freezing cold feet would allow. In the morning I need to do that again and have another dehumidifer going down there when I find one to borrow.

I'm taking the day off (or at least the morning) to do the picking up of the dehumidifiers and call my insurance agent and see what I need to do (if anything) to make sure if something pops up like more damage in the walls or rot/mold pops up that I've let them know about it so they'll cover it.
Oh, and my dad finally called me back. Apparently he was at a business thing in Michigan and had had a few martini's and usually he just replies with I'll call you back when he's in a meeting. But I called him like 4 TIMES and he did it EVERY TIME. Shouldn't that indicate that there is something IMPORTANT happening?!!?!??!?!??!?! Whatever. So he suggested I also call the water company to let them know what happened to see if they will give me a discount on my water bill from today since my tank just ran and ran all day long. They might require some insurance paperwork but if it will save me money that will help.

This is already long, sorry.
But I've already felt like I was barely holding on to the edge of sanity financially with all the medical insurance changes and everything and I"m really trying to not just fall apart. Because I can't afford to fall apart because it's just me. I very very rarely feel the ache of singleness but I really have been lately because I feel like I'm floating around on a boat by myself and it's sink or swim and the only one that cares (is fully invested) in this is me. I mean my sister, parents and you guys to an extent are involved and care and encourage me but if I sink, it's me sinking. Without even a hand to hold and it just makes me so sad right now and I HATE that it does.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:15 am

I just spoke with you so I'll just leave you with this:

hug

I promise, it's going to be alright. Promise.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am

wow, Bethany that does suck....but hopefully your homeowners will cover it. you know when we had the fire it really sucked, but we were blessed way more through it than I would have ever imagined....I hope that you are somehow blessed through this.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 am

Yes, that is really one horrible situation. But, you aren't alone and you aren't sinking, Bethany. Honest, honest. You might be scared, and you might be confused. You might not be in control, and you might not be able to predict what's coming from where. But, you're never alone, and you're never without hope. These interruptions in our plans are invitations to lean in closer to the source of all love, comfort, and hope: Jesus.

I am with Angie on this one, I am praying for a blessing to come through this.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 am

Back to Wednesday!

I woke up really early to get ready for the cleaning ladt and am up and out of the house already. It feels so very good!

I had a very cathartic evening and am feeling a lot better. Thank God! I am hoping for a great day!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 am

I am trying to get my kids moving, I am also trying to convince myself that I am a morning person....it hasn't worked super well, yet...but I'll keep working on it.

A long day at St. Stephens today, and my house is very messy once again, and tomorrow I have to clean for the Pataskis in my free time.....why do I do this to myself?

Well, at least cleaning for them we will have some money tomorrow! And that's not a bad thing.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 am

How was your nap Mel Wink
I also love that even when we have a cleaning lady, we clean for them. It cracks me up.

Wednesday. I have to take my car back to the shop because one or all of my new tires are leaking. I've had to fill them 4 times since they were put on a month ago. Ugh. But hopefully whatever is going on with them will be fixed for free.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:26 am

It's the day after the LOST premier and I still have no idea what life means!
Working, then meeting a dog I'm sitting for 2/13-2/20, then a fundraising meeting for my mission trip to Mexico then home to pack to move into another house to dogsit tomorrow until Sunday

I'm tired already
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am

It's too bad they couldn't install the carpet during that week! It would have worked out well!

My dad will be here in 20 minutes to help me with my furnace, it runs just fine we're just working on some duct work. Then I'm waiting on a delivery and then getting ready to work.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next