Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Example of a true christian

2 posters

Go down

An Example of a true christian Empty An Example of a true christian

Post by JasonM Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am

Girl j. Found me on FB. I haven't heard from her in ages. I had a crush on her which wen't nowhere for about the 1st 3 years of High School. She wanted to thank me on FB for being an example of a true Christian to her.
and for being kind.

I am not really sure what an example of a true Christian is.

But this is part of what I told her.

The mark of the christian is not perfection. I've been the prodigal way to much in my life eating with the swines, included those times when i was nice to you, my head and heart were all over the place. the mark of a christian is not giving up and trying to make the next day better. and knowing grace is there when we can't do anymore

So we come again to "What is a Christian"?

If you heard the way I curse when I am alone would I be a true christain in your mind? I say Fbombs a lot to myself. Or if my church saw the the countless times I had something great and threw it down the drain due to faith-less-ness, or the many times i plum walked away from the lord. Would I be a true Christian then? I had a relevant conversation of faith when i was 17. I'm 30 now and feel that my faith is grounded. But my testimony is not a simple one. I am a saint and a sinner. Saved by grace through faith.

Girl J. was poor. Her family was disfunctional from what I knew. a few years after highschool after returning home I met her mom again at a church I was going to. Girl J was off somewhere doing something else. The church I went to decided to weatherize her home, by doing some repairs and putting plastic over the windows for the cold. I had been there years ago. I helped.

A true christian helps people in need. In the year of my 30's i'm trying to have more charity. A person ran out of gas today in front of my work. I let them work it out for about 10 mins before I wen't to see if they needed help. If I was on the samaritian road. I would probably have passed the dude and then returned after feeling guilty for not helping.

I have not decided if FB is good or bad when connecting to people from so long ago who you've had nothing to deal with. i've recently connected to a lot of school mates that i haven't seen or talked to forever. This is a long post, but the conversation with girl J. has stuck with me. I wanted to tell her I wasn't a true believer, but didn't. If God can use a pig (which he did) he can use me. and God works in wierd ways

JMC
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

An Example of a true christian Empty Re: An Example of a true christian

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:29 pm

JasonM wrote: If God can use a pig (which he did) he can use me. JMC

Jason - isn't that redundant? Wink
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com