Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The other side of the miraculous ending

3 posters

Go down

The other side of the miraculous ending Empty The other side of the miraculous ending

Post by JamesWilliams Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Wow. You know how cheesy basketball movies have the miracle ending, with the good guys launching a shot at the buzzer, going from being behind by one point to winning by one? I was on the other side of that tonight, and it sucks more than I could have imagined.

2 of my kids are in the 2nd grade of a 1-12 school. The high school team was in the semifinals, and I took my boys to the game. We got behind early, and trailed by 12 at one point, 10 at half. The 3rd quarter, we got to within 4 points. We got to within one point, then dropped 7 behind with 5 minutes. Then we caught fire and tied it up with 4 mins left.

Then we got ahead, 4 points with less than one minute left. All we need to do is hold on. They got a 3-pt shot, so they're behind by one. They tie it up on a free throw. We get the ball and get fouled, with 6 seconds left.

We miss the first throw, make the second one. Up by a point. Our team had been doing well defensively all night, so holding them to no score with 6 seconds seemed very likely. But somehow, they drove down in 6 seconds, and with 3 guys on him, their guy launches the winning shot at the buzzer. Unbelievable. Heartbreaking.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

The other side of the miraculous ending Empty Re: The other side of the miraculous ending

Post by meether369 Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 pm

It amazes me that you can remember all of those details!

But, yeah, wow, that's hard and cool at the same time!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

The other side of the miraculous ending Empty Re: The other side of the miraculous ending

Post by Angie Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:07 am

Heartbreaking, but still, kudos to the team for such a valiant effort.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum