Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice little debate going on on Don's blog

4 posters

Go down

Nice little debate going on on Don's blog Empty Nice little debate going on on Don's blog

Post by JamesWilliams Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the comments, but first read the post.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Nice little debate going on on Don's blog Empty Re: Nice little debate going on on Don's blog

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I read it and commented.

My comment is "awaiting moderation".
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Nice little debate going on on Don's blog Empty Re: Nice little debate going on on Don's blog

Post by Katykc Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:I read it and commented.

sounds like your life bob Wink

btw-it's posted now, I just read it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Katykc wrote:
TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:I read it and commented.

sounds like your life bob Wink

btw-it's posted now, I just read it.

Yuh, my life is definitely awaiting something.

I don't care one way or another what anyone thinks about Glen Beck, but to say you've never seen his show and aren't familiar with him and then criticize him is just plain ignorant. That's pretty much just 'talking out your ass'.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

I'll be the first to tell you 2 things: I admire DM's writing ability, and I kind of am a bit smitten with DM as a person. Wink

That said, I only really KNOW him as a writer and have no right to be smitten with him as a person. Easier said than done, my friends! Easier said than done!

BUT, one thing about his writing that has always kind of irritated me is that his compliments of one group of people are often very pointed and obvious insults of other people. Just as his self-deprecation often comes across as a high-level criticism of other people. I don't know that he means to come off in such ways, but it often makes me wonder what he's like in person. The clues from his writing indicate that he is way more angry or put out by people who do not agree with him than what his words actually say in his writing. And I doubt that assumption is entirely accurate which then makes me mad that my doubts threaten my level of smittenness! Smile

But, sometimes it's just good to say what you mean and mean what you say. Be real about it...if you want to insult Beck because you don't agree with him politically and you think people who watch his show and support him are whackjobs but you admittedly haven't ever given ear to him, just do it and stand behind it. That's the message your own suporters and opponents have received, so why not just state it plain? You don't have to hide it behind the support of Beck's current opponent. You wouldn't be the first person to plant yourself in a view with little to no knowledge on the topic! Hell, you wouldn't even be the first Christian to do so!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Unsmitten thyself, fair maiden.

So what you're saying is that Don has just as much right to voice an opinion out of sheer ignorance as the next guy. that's true, and that's exactly what he's doing.

His left-leaning bias shines through again. Commenting on someone or something you don't know anything about is sheer ignorance and I guess Don has as much right to be ignorant as anyone else.

I'm wondering if his apologizing to non-Christians for what Christianity has done in the past in BLJ was really no different than Obama's world-wide 'I apologize for all the terrible things the US has done" tour.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I didn't say it's correct to assume a position of criticism out of ignorance. I was just making the point that it is a road often traveled--sorry DM chose to go there too.

We should defend those we love and respect out of truth and love, those are the only true remedies to 'injustice.' I found his post to be a bit off the cuff because he has had a lot of success railing against conservative, fundamental Christians in indirect ways. And this time, I felt he didn't have truth or love in any measure. It seemed he jumped in a corner strictly for the sake of jumping into the argument. I am sure Wallis appreciates the support, but it seems like this might be an issue he can handle on his own. At least that's how I would feel if it were me. A "thanks, but no thanks." kind of thing, you know?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:52 am

meether369 wrote:I didn't say it's correct to assume a position of criticism out of ignorance. I was just making the point that it is a road often traveled--sorry DM chose to go there too.

We should defend those we love and respect out of truth and love, those are the only true remedies to 'injustice.' I found his post to be a bit off the cuff because he has had a lot of success railing against conservative, fundamental Christians in indirect ways. And this time, I felt he didn't have truth or love in any measure. It seemed he jumped in a corner strictly for the sake of jumping into the argument. I am sure Wallis appreciates the support, but it seems like this might be an issue he can handle on his own. At least that's how I would feel if it were me. A "thanks, but no thanks." kind of thing, you know?

Gotcha!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down