Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plants

4 posters

Go down

Plants Empty Plants

Post by meether369 Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:09 pm

I have been kind of flying around like a maniac lately. Partly because about a month ago, God impressed upon my heart that I needed to explore the option of joining a new church plant. It came from total left field, and I don't even know if it's all me or if God is a-moving. So, I use the term "exploring." It's kind of a "been there, done that" kind of thing--i was largely involved with a Plant a couple years ago.

We're meeting. We're serving. We're "recruiting." We're emailing. And in it all, I am coming face to face with a lot of my insecurities--socially and spiritually. It hasn't been easy and I find myself wanting to get the heck out of Dodge. Yet another group of Christians to whom I have to reveal the embroidered, emblazoned D upon my chest. A new group of women I have to find my place among. Another spiritual leader I find myself trying to impress. There's a lot going on.

And yet, I haven't gotten a NO! or any major red flags yet. I believe the Lord is leading me through a time of growth (who am I kidding?! These times of growth never end but keep linking together!!) and is using this to show me more and more about myself and about Him. so, I am holding on. For now. (Not that I am leery or anything...)

So, in preparation for our first preview service Sunday, I am fasting from something...Facebook. I have found it to be ridiculously addictive and totally unnecessary at the same time so I thought that seemed like the best thing to clear out of my life for a couple days. We shall see!!

So, that's what I have been up to lately--just in case you wanted to know!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Plants Empty Re: Plants

Post by Katykc Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:06 pm

I wanted to know. Thanks for sharing!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah I definitely wanted to know.
Sounds like a lot is going on, I'm glad you're stepping out in faith with a new group of people...it can be so scary!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 am

that sounds really cool. I am kind of wishing I had a church where I felt like I fit in lately. Glad that God is moving you to new places!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum