Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday!!!

+5
JamesWilliams
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
9 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Monday!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Monday!!!

Post by Pete Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Bethany wrote:I'm really loopy from my fever today drunken

Good loopy or bad loopy?

I'm all hopped up on coffee and getting ready for work. Have to leave in 10 minutes, need to get moving in that direction. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:24 pm

my boss brought in donuts today... and i'm avoiding them like the plague... or trying to. I had my 100 cal pack of oatmeal raisin cookies and sugar free apple cider.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Pete wrote:
Bethany wrote:I'm really loopy from my fever today drunken

Good loopy or bad loopy?

dizzy cold sweat loopy Sad
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

How did your day go, mel?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm

It was a rough day. I had to call Child Protection Services. Blargh.

I was starting a cleanse today, but I have had some chocolate in response to the anxiety/emotion of the day. Blehhh.

Doing some work and then heading home.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm

meether369 wrote:It was a rough day. I had to call Child Protection Services. Blargh.

I was starting a cleanse today, but I have had some chocolate in response to the anxiety/emotion of the day. Blehhh.

I'm sorry. That sounds like a tough day.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:It was a rough day. I had to call Child Protection Services. Blargh.

It is tough. All morning I was on the verge of sad and mad tears. I had to force myself to stop thinking about what children go through.

I am beginning to think children are stronger than adults. I think it's their innocence. It is a blessing and a curse.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:10 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

It is tough. All morning I was on the verge of sad and mad tears. I had to force myself to stop thinking about what children go through.

I am beginning to think children are stronger than adults. I think it's their innocence. It is a blessing and a curse.

I think it's hard to watch as adults take a child's innocence... not in a violent affect necessarily... but by choices and actions. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

I think it's hard to watch as adults take a child's innocence... not in a violent affect necessarily... but by choices and actions. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

It is very hard. But my hope is that the Lord is being honest when he says vengence is his especially in the case of mistreated children.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:42 am

I am excited about my day off although I am in pain. I am going to go to the chiropractor, catch up on chores around the house, and do some side work for extra money.

I am hoping it will also act as respite from the craziness that was last week. I was getting into a really foul mood.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 am

Why do you have a day off?

Today a bunch of new people are starting at my company, including my friend Angie who is the new sales manager. Hellooooo car pooling!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:27 am

I took the day off--a mental health day of sorts, although my hip is really hurting, so it is technically not only a mental health day.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 am

Gotcha, I wasn't sure if you finally got that snow day

We're supposed to get another 1" here today, I have meetings and hopefully working out after work so I'm hoping it doesn't cause people to go completely bat shit crazy.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:14 am

I'm trying really hard not to get sick. 3 days till vacation and I don't want to be miserable on a plane.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

Bethany wrote:What's a ping?

Computer term.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am

I am feeling like I would like to be living in my own private Idaho.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm

I was able to finally drop a Christmas gift off to a lady who works at the restaurant where I worked for so long. I like to catch up with her, and I have had this gift since before Christmas!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

The morning went really fast... but everything just slowed waaaay down... i hate long afternoons.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Time is going too fast here! My day is almost done and I am feeling REALLY tired. I don't really get it. I hope I am not getting sick on top having a bum hip.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 am

Well, it is Monday....no school here for MLK Jr. day.....YAY!!!!

So, last week was a great week, I am reminded of the fact that in many ways my life is sort of like a fairy tale, and what a neat blessing to have that, and although it could change, I should be grateful for the time I am given with my wonderful family.

This week it is time to get to work on some things I have been ignoring. I did okay paying the bills in December, but I haven't paid anything in January...and we have blown a lot of money. I have got to get the grown up inside of me working and straighten out this mess, which is made totally of my own accord. It is going to take some time, but one great thing about getting older is that God has had many opportunities to show me that He can make things work if I cooperate with Him, that I am actually quite peaceful at this point.

I started blogging again, just to see if I can get my creative juices flowing. It is hard because I tend to compare myself to other people, instead of just being happy doing what I do....so I am working on that. I figure if I just write something everyday, no matter how trivial it will help me to make progress.

I seriously need to make a to do list for the week....

So, I haven't talked about this for awhile, but I have to tell you I am still troubled by the situation that happened a few months ago with my bil and sil....I know I told you guys we went to talk to them and it went poorly...and the next day I called and apologized, and suggested that maybe we should all go to a pastor and work it out, and my sil agreed, she said she had been thinking that too. And because I knew they would not want to meet with the pastor of our church, I told them we would be willing to meet with their pastor...if they scheduled a time we would love to try to work this all out. That was the last Saturday in November and I have not heard A WORD from them since. I guess they decided that we would just never understand, and that it was pointless to try, and that there is no way to reconcile the relationship. And truly I wish I didn't care, but I do....it makes me sad, and I think about it a lot, but I really don't know what to do....because I have a feeling that they are right, I don't know that there is a solution, because they are not going to change their minds, and we aren't going to stop defending our kid. But it is sad, and broken relationships are really hard. I'm not bitter or angry, just sad and wishing that the whole thing had never happened.

Well, I have certainly gone on this Monday morning....let's hope I am as motivated with my house work as I am with my rambling.

On this first day of your week, please know that you are loved and appreciated, because I truly don't know where I would be without you guys....sometimes I think about it and I know that each one of you is a very important part of my life. Thank you!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

We have school. Sad

The only good thing about it is that every other district and most other major businesses are off so there were virtually no cars on the road. That a Reeeeaaaalllll big consolation. Razz

I just read something today that indicated the first step to long-term obedience toward God is faith. That thought intrigues me and I want to keep thinking on it. But, Angie, your thoughts on following God in finances/being a grown up echo that!

I am really sorry nothing has come in the way of reconciliation for your family. Broken relationships are really hard. Is there a way you could follow up with them to see if they want to schedule a meeting? I will be praying that all hope is not gone from you, and that God will do a mighty work in all of your lives.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 am

I'm starting a 3 month biggest loser challenge with some ladies I know from another part of the internet. We're posting our weight every Monday and keeping each other accountable.
So that means I have to clamber back on the wagon today and stop eating everything I can get my hands on (or at least everything that rhymes with moreo)

Working then a WP meeting tonight at my house. I love having the meetings at my house. LOVE it.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 am

well, let us know if there is any way we can encourage you in your quest Bethany. Losing weight is really hard, but you need to remind yourself of your accomplishments so far, and remind yourself that you are worth it....I really think that is probably the biggest reason I fail at things, because I haven't taken the time to make myself believe that I am worth it.

Melissa, I do believe that faith is the key to obedience....kind of like footsteps that eventually make up a journey, faith is kind of like footsteps that make up our obedience to God, if that makes sense.

And all of my hope isn't gone with the family issues, it is just that I want it to be resolved now....but sometimes, time is the necessary thing.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

Angie I'll pray for your relationship with your bil and sil because I have a hard time letting relationships go too. It's hard, especially when one party wants to work on it, and the other doesn't seem to care.

Mel, I'm sorry you have to work today, but you're not alone. I'm not a teacher but I'm working 11 hours today.

Bethany I don't know why but I nearly spit my coffee out laughing at the moreo comment! Laughing Good luck with your challenge! It sounds like a great idea!

Today I'm going to finish my coffee and hopefully get this place cleaned up. My father is coming over the take all my cardboard to the recycling center, it's probably 2 truck loads! It will leave the store looking much better. I'm supposed to be meeting with the potential buyer sometime this week to show his state inspectors around to see what he would have to do to meet their qualifications to do his stuff in this building.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content