Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNL discussion--For Dave

3 posters

Go down

SNL discussion--For Dave Empty SNL discussion--For Dave

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:50 am

So, since you've become such a Hijack Nazi, what was your favorite part of this week's SNL?

I liked a couple different parts, but the bit that got me laughing the hardest was Armisen and Wigg singing on Weekend Update.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

SNL discussion--For Dave Empty Re: SNL discussion--For Dave

Post by dave Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

to be honest, I only caught a few sketches. I liked the tree lot sketch. But I think I laughed hardest at the whole "Jammies" sketch. It was just so out!

Wish I could've seen the rest. And I'm in love with Kristen Wiig. (Don't tell Megan! Wink )
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:26 am

It's on hulu...Jammies was good, and there was one about a fraternity that was good. And weekend update, as previously mentioned...

Is "It was just so out!" a new saying I am not familiar with? What does that mean? Out of what?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

Huh, I didn't think it was an uncommon expression, but maybe it's mostly musicians who use it. In music, particularly jazz or some other improvised form, you'd say "that was so out" if somebody really started playing something different, or strange, or outside the traditional changes or harmony, angular, disjunctive, etc...

So, applied to other things it would basically mean the same thing. Outside the norm.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am

dave wrote:Huh, I didn't think it was an uncommon expression, but maybe it's mostly musicians who use it. In music, particularly jazz or some other improvised form, you'd say "that was so out" if somebody really started playing something different, or strange, or outside the traditional changes or harmony, angular, disjunctive, etc...

So, applied to other things it would basically mean the same thing. Outside the norm.

Awesome! Good to know. I am a pop culture junky...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 am

meether369 wrote:
dave wrote:Huh, I didn't think it was an uncommon expression, but maybe it's mostly musicians who use it. In music, particularly jazz or some other improvised form, you'd say "that was so out" if somebody really started playing something different, or strange, or outside the traditional changes or harmony, angular, disjunctive, etc...

Though, it may be more of a nerdy jazz musician culture thing than a pop culture thing!
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:01 pm

dave wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Though, it may be more of a nerdy jazz musician culture thing than a pop culture thing!

Nerdy Jazz Musician Culture is cool in this day and age.

FYI, you've totally hijacked this thread...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 pm

STOP THE HIJACKING! Wink
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content