Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ray LaMontagne

4 posters

Go down

Ray LaMontagne Empty Ray LaMontagne

Post by meether369 Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Sitting here in the grass listening to his gravely, soulful voice and feeling my heart burst. He is way better live than on any recording. Wow, amazing!!

If you get a chance, see him live. It's well worth it! Especially if you're at an outdoor venue.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Ray LaMontagne Empty Re: Ray LaMontagne

Post by dave Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

meether369 wrote:Sitting here in the grass listening to his gravely, soulful voice and feeling my heart burst. He is way better live than on any recording. Wow, amazing!!

If you get a chance, see him live. It's well worth it! Especially if you're at an outdoor venue.

So good you had to post it twice, huh? Wink

Never heard him live but everytime I hear a song of his I like it. Will have to pick up one of his albums one of these days.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Silly girl.
You're not supposed to SIT in the grass.
You're supposed to SMOKE it! Rolling Eyes
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Weird that it posted twice. From the main page, I saw you had posted, ercnon, and thought, "wow, the old man's hipper than I guessed!" But then see you're just being, well, ercnon. Surprised

Dave, you would like him a lot, I think. He is really passionate with his lyrics (they break my heart), he's an amazing musician with a great band, and his voice... Oh, his voice!! To hear him, you'd think he was a 58 year old worn and weathered man coming out of some kind of job like coal-mining. But, to see him, he's a dapper young thing that looks like he stepped out of a Willa Cather novel! The man and the voice don't match, which totally makes him all the cooler.

Later that night, David Gray was on...and he was just as awesome but in a totally opposite way. He could not stop moving. You could tell making music gives him such a thrill. He sang 4 songs in his encore!! He is a spitfire and even though he had a sore throat, he couldn't stop entertaining. And his lyrics are so romantic. It's kind of funny to see him rocking out to a song like "This Year's Love" which is mellow and lovely.

One of the best concerts I have ever been to!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

I actually like him. Yuh - I'm hip Cool
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonM Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 pm

When me me and H were going through our rough times i would drive to the park and ride and listen to Gossip in the grain. it owned my cd player in my car for about 6 months.
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:06 pm

For those (like me) who don't know this song - here ya go.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum