Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Wins

4 posters

Go down

Love Wins Empty Love Wins

Post by Angie Fri May 06, 2011 7:24 am

So, I know Melissa has read this book...and I was wondering who else has.... I know JW read Erie's analysis of the book.... but anyway, I see mentions of stuff on facebook, but that isn't a great place for a real conversation...and I'd kind of like to discuss the book.

I've been kind of wandering for a long time now, so, I really needed this book, because I was so sick of the idea of hellfire and brimstone that I had given up on God. Anyway, there is a ton in the book that I connected with and realize I believe.... I have maintained for quite sometime now that I am kind of a Universalist, and I know that doesn't sit well with people, but....right now it is where I am at.

So, anyway, I really got a lot out of it, but one thing in particular that he says really hit me because I realized it was me.... he said, "If you believe that Jesus came to save you from God." I really cried when I read that because I realized that is EXACTLY how I have felt since I was young. And that is really sad, and it really did damage my outlook on life and the world. I have hated God for being a wrathful vindictive son of a bitch for quite a long time....and I realize that I can let that go, and maybe some of my other life issues will go with it....

So, anyway....any other thoughts? Does anyone even haunt this forum anymore?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Love Wins Empty Re: Love Wins

Post by Bethany Wed May 11, 2011 3:29 pm

I come and check it for posts every week or so.
I have the book, but haven't read it yet. But I am very happy that you are able to work through some of the God stuff that you've been wrestling with for so long.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 pm

I haven't read it yet but would like to. Though, just flipping through a few of his books in the past (i haven't actually read cover to cover through any of them yet) I have a feeling I might find his style a little annoying (the funky way he uses different font sizes and spacing and all the rest). I do like some of his live videos. And I also appreciate how he is so open to dialogue with people who disagree with him. It's nice to see him engaging in all of these conversations and interviews and discussing this stuff head-on.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonM Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 am

I started it. 10 pages in.... mehh... to many questions.

If Bell wrote without spaces his book would be like 40 pages.

going to dredge through it. will report at the end.
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down