Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, the dilemma of eating

+2
meether369
Katykc
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh, the dilemma of eating - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh, the dilemma of eating

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:56 am

Ordered a chicken salad for lunch, with a side of fries Rolling Eyes
I really need to get back on the preparing meals on the weekend bandwagon
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 pm

So, it's treat week at work and my boss is heading it up.. he's bringing in cider and hot chocolate all week.. so I brought in some sugar free hc and some sugar free cider to ward off the temptation.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 pm

It's kind of funny that so many of the things people do in offices to motivate themselves and invigorate their days, weeks, etc have to do with food!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 pm

meether369 wrote:It's kind of funny that so many of the things people do in offices to motivate themselves and invigorate their days, weeks, etc have to do with food!!
yeah, although with me... it's usually coffee
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:It's kind of funny that so many of the things people do in offices to motivate themselves and invigorate their days, weeks, etc have to do with food!!
yeah, although with me... it's usually coffee

I have been drinking coffee all morning so as not to graze on chocolate and all the other junk I received as Christmas presents from co-workers.

It isn't totally working...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzle Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:19 am

[quote="Bethany"][quote="Katykc"]
meether369 wrote:
I have never in my whole life eaten at a Sonic.
Ever.

Mee too. I wonder, The Beth, do they even exist? I mean, I see the almost semi-funny commercials almost semi-daily but I've never even seen one. At least I think I haven't. Are they all that they are cracked up to be?
tizzle
tizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:22 am

[quote="tizzle"][quote="Bethany"]
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:
I have never in my whole life eaten at a Sonic.
Ever.

Mee too. I wonder, The Beth, do they even exist? I mean, I see the almost semi-funny commercials almost semi-daily but I've never even seen one. At least I think I haven't. Are they all that they are cracked up to be?

I bet you will see them in CO! They are more of an out-west thing. Although we have 2 here in MI now.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 am

I'm bummed... i was all excited to weigh in last night cause I knew I lost weight this week... and then I got stuck at a stupid subway.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am

So, I forgot about this website till my mom said something to me about it... it's called SparkPeople and they have free diet plans and low fat recipes etc... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] She really likes it. I haven't spent much time there, but I think I'm going to start perusing it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Katykc wrote:So, I forgot about this website till my mom said something to me about it... it's called SparkPeople and they have free diet plans and low fat recipes etc... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] She really likes it. I haven't spent much time there, but I think I'm going to start perusing it.

Katy, something about it sounded so appealing to me, so I'm currently registering and forcing myself to look at my weight (I put my scale in the attic 2 years ago because it just annoyed me) and starting to hold myself accountable. I'm not sure if this will be what finally works, but I'm going to start really trying. It hasn't given me any uses for my excuses like money and time anymore, so here we go!

thank Katy!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Pete wrote:
Katykc wrote:So, I forgot about this website till my mom said something to me about it... it's called SparkPeople and they have free diet plans and low fat recipes etc... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] She really likes it. I haven't spent much time there, but I think I'm going to start perusing it.

Katy, something about it sounded so appealing to me, so I'm currently registering and forcing myself to look at my weight (I put my scale in the attic 2 years ago because it just annoyed me) and starting to hold myself accountable. I'm not sure if this will be what finally works, but I'm going to start really trying. It hasn't given me any uses for my excuses like money and time anymore, so here we go!

thank Katy!

Smile I hope it helps, Pete. It's such a hard road and process... but if anyone knows how to work hard, it's you. I registered too.. to kind of supplement my WW stuff.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Katykc wrote:
Pete wrote:

thank Katy!

Smile I hope it helps, Pete. It's such a hard road and process... but if anyone knows how to work hard, it's you. I registered too.. to kind of supplement my WW stuff.

I forgot how overwhelming this can be. So many things to read, plan and think about, but I'm going to start slow and try to change some habits and see how bad I've been eating. The hardest hurdle I'm going to have to make is change how I eat at work, I'm there for a minimum of 5 meals a week, sometimes as many as 10.

Oh well, what's a life without goals? Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Pete wrote:
Katykc wrote:
Pete wrote:

thank Katy!

I forgot how overwhelming this can be. So many things to read, plan and think about, but I'm going to start slow and try to change some habits and see how bad I've been eating. The hardest hurdle I'm going to have to make is change how I eat at work, I'm there for a minimum of 5 meals a week, sometimes as many as 10.

Oh well, what's a life without goals? Very Happy

If I worked at Wendy's... I would probably use all of my daily points on fries...
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I gained 5-6 lbs back over the holidays. Eff off!!

So I started a 3-week cleanse today...and just as quickly turned to chocolate at the first signs of negative emotions. But, I figure even with a couple pieces of chocolate, I am taking in way less sugar etc than I have been everyday since getting off work 2 weeks ago!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:16 pm

meether369 wrote:I gained 5-6 lbs back over the holidays. Eff off!!

So I started a 3-week cleanse today...and just as quickly turned to chocolate at the first signs of negative emotions. But, I figure even with a couple pieces of chocolate, I am taking in way less sugar etc than I have been everyday since getting off work 2 weeks ago!

Good luck! I hope it goes well.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 pm

meether369 wrote:I gained 5-6 lbs back over the holidays. Eff off!!

I really want to do a cleanse....or something....I gained around 8 lbs! Mad

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 pm

It does help with weightloss. It isn't easy though. And like already, I have cheated. But, oh well. It has me eating better than I have been.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Do not, while exhausted and emotionally unstable stumble into a grocery store in mismatched pajamas and flip flops (in Ohio in January) with very disheveled unattractive hair and buy Swiss Cake Rolls with quarters.
A) It will not help you lose weight
B) When emotionally unstable you will not be able to just eat one pack of Swiss Cake Rolls
C) It is not, I repeat is NOT sexy

(it is also, something I totally did tonight. Damn.)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 pm

I love Swiss Cake Rolls.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Bethany wrote:Do not, while exhausted and emotionally unstable stumble into a grocery store in mismatched pajamas and flip flops (in Ohio in January) with very disheveled unattractive hair and buy Swiss Cake Rolls with quarters.
A) It will not help you lose weight
B) When emotionally unstable you will not be able to just eat one pack of Swiss Cake Rolls
C) It is not, I repeat is NOT sexy

(it is also, something I totally did tonight. Damn.)

if it makes you feel better... i had a mcdonalds binge... a mac snack wrap, small french fries and two.... yes two apple pies... and i don't think my diet coke was diet... then i came home and a plate of spaghetti, because I was too embarrassed to tell my mom I caved. The past two days have been horrid... fast food... vending machine... chocolate... apparently, i don't handle emotional stress well...
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:35 am

Me either Katy. Me either.
But we're back on the wagon together today right?!
I'm planning progresso vegetable soup for lunch and snacks of clementines, triscuit thin crisps and slices of mozza cheese for the day.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:21 am

Bethany wrote:Me either Katy. Me either.
But we're back on the wagon together today right?!
I'm planning progresso vegetable soup for lunch and snacks of clementines, triscuit thin crisps and slices of mozza cheese for the day.

Well, this morning didn't end up to well... but... in ww we are talking about how we can just start with the next meal... so that's what I'm doing... and I'm writing everything down...as much as i hate seeing it.. I'm doing it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 am

hug
Good for you. I didn't have a very good morning either, my boss brought in home made coffee cake Mad

But onward and upward!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 am

Bethany wrote:hug
Good for you. I didn't have a very good morning either, my boss brought in home made coffee cake Mad

But onward and upward!

yes... I didn't pack a lunch and had planned on walking to starbucks, but my coworker is out "sick" again so I'm not sure if I'll take an hour or not... *le sigh*
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2