Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What movie have you seen lately?

+9
hollydog22
dave
transparentman
Angie
Katykc
Pete
meether369
Bethany
JamesWilliams
13 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

What movie have you seen lately? - Page 19 Empty Re: What movie have you seen lately?

Post by dave Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 am

Angie wrote:I liked that movie....but I do tend to like stupid movies...

Oh, Angie. I'm so disappointed in you. I mean, i like a good stupid movie myself, but this one?? We officially do not share the same brain anymore, I'm sorry. Sad

Go now and repent of your evil ways by listening to some Coltrane.

dave
dave

Back to top Go down

What movie have you seen lately? - Page 19 Empty Re: What movie have you seen lately?

Post by Angie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 am

I found some Coltrane posters the other day and I thought of you, Dave.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm

dave wrote:
meether369 wrote:
dave wrote:
meether369 wrote:I KNEW you loved it more than I did!!! I couldn't even remember the name!!

That doesn't mean that I loved it more - it just means that I'm smarter and have a better memory than you. ;)

Oh, and that awful Lohan movie is called "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and it is remarkably bad.

Kinda hard to believe you or see your point when you're, in the same thread, admitting to watching a movie with Drama Queen in the title that also boasts Lindsay Lohan as part of its cast...

I was.....uhh.......doing research. Yeah, that's it! For a.........uh........sociological project I'm working on.....yeah, that's the ticket! :whistle:

Is that project to become a Tweeny Girl?!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Saw Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" last night and really enjoyed it.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:38 pm

dave wrote:Saw Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" last night and really enjoyed it.
that is the first time you've seen it? It is a cool movie, we haven't had that one out for awhile...maybe that will be tonight's pick.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 am

I just watched "Last of the Mohicans". Been hearing for years that it was a grand spectacle of a movie, with a great, inspiring story. Hate to say it, but I was disappointed. Too many things made no sense. It lost all credibility and believability.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Well, first off, you're not a woman so a large portion of the greatness of that movie is lost on you.

What didn't make sense, though?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:42 am

meether369 wrote:Well, first off, you're not a woman so a large portion of the greatness of that movie is lost on you.

Do you remember watching, say, an Arnold Schwarzeneggar movie where every shot he fires hits the bad guys, and every shot they fire miss him? Well, I cannot stand those movies.
Little things like that are big to me. Why didn't the British hang Nathanial when they got kicked out of the fort? How did he all of a sudden get out of his handcuffs when he needed to? He just broken them off! That makes no sense! And after Magua captured the dad (colonel Munro) he killed him immediately, like he said he would. But when he captured the man's two daughters, who he also swore to kill, he chose to not kill them immediately. Why? And why did Magua seem obedient to whatever his chief said, then when the chief said to let the girls live, Magua is allowed to take them out in the woods to kill them? The whole story defied logic.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Letters to Juliet. It was a very sweet movie. I would watch it again in a heartbeat.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Katykc wrote:Letters to Juliet. It was a very sweet movie. I would watch it again in a heartbeat.
I watched it that theater and last night on DVD. Great date movie. Terrible last line.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 am

JamesWilliams wrote:
meether369 wrote:Well, first off, you're not a woman so a large portion of the greatness of that movie is lost on you.

Do you remember watching, say, an Arnold Schwarzeneggar movie where every shot he fires hits the bad guys, and every shot they fire miss him? Well, I cannot stand those movies.
Little things like that are big to me. Why didn't the British hang Nathanial when they got kicked out of the fort? How did he all of a sudden get out of his handcuffs when he needed to? He just broken them off! That makes no sense! And after Magua captured the dad (colonel Munro) he killed him immediately, like he said he would. But when he captured the man's two daughters, who he also swore to kill, he chose to not kill them immediately. Why? And why did Magua seem obedient to whatever his chief said, then when the chief said to let the girls live, Magua is allowed to take them out in the woods to kill them? The whole story defied logic.

It's been a while since I watched, but here are my stabs:

-The English didn't hang Nathanel because they were no longer in charge--the French were, and they had to get out of there. Do you really think they're going to halt their retreat to get rid of one traitor?! They had bigger things on their minds.

-Nathanel's handcuffs were made of rope. He was working them the whole time he was walking. He sensed something was going to happen, and he hated being apart from Cora. Plus, he's Daniel Day Lewis. ;)

--I thought Magua explained that instead of killing the girls, he was going to ask that their lives be exchanged for his wife and child's lives? He wasn't killing the girls, he was going to take them as his own. Especially the younger one--he was going to make her his wife. Or at least that is what I thought was going on.

I should watch it again. I don't watch Arnold movies, but when the good guy is strong and confident and handsome and he says things like, "I will find you!" I kinda want all the bullets to miss him! ;)
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:49 pm

My son and his wife saw, The Town, on Saturday. They said it was really good.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:My son and his wife saw, The Town, on Saturday. They said it was really good.
Bob, you have posted this in the wrong forum. You must have meant to post it in the "What movies have your family members seen lately?" section.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 pm

JamesWilliams wrote:
TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:My son and his wife saw, The Town, on Saturday. They said it was really good.
Bob, you have posted this in the wrong forum. You must have meant to post it in the "What movies have your family members seen lately?" section.

Hey! You can't use sarcasm. That's MY job! Very Happy
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 am

The Social Network--Very well done. Interesting story. Overall, a very good movie.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 am

I watched, My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done...... it was very entertaining, if you a strange....and I am. I liked it in the same way that I like Repo, the horror opera.

Tonight, A Serious Man.

Oh and last week we finally watched Date Night....but we had already seen almost every funny bit on the trailers.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm

I hate when comedic movies do that. Sad
You knwo that A Serious Man is supposed to be a re-telling of Job, right? I haven't seen the movie, but a couple people (maybe including MT?) Didn't know that going into it and it affected their experience of the movie.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:02 pm

It is a Coen brothers movie, so I have high hopes of a dark comedy....we'll see....I'll watch for the parallells. I really don't like the book of Job, but hopefully I like the movie. Very Happy

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:19 pm

I began watching the movie, Temple Grandin, online today. Can't finish it yet--about halfway through currently. But, it is phenomenal. I have been in tears through most of the movie. I see so much of her in my students. And I see how much even I misunderstand of their lives. I care for them so much, and yet there are many things I don't understand. It makes me sad. And fascinated at the same time.

meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:51 pm

meether369 wrote:I hate when comedic movies do that. Sad
You knwo that A Serious Man is supposed to be a re-telling of Job, right? I haven't seen the movie, but a couple people (maybe including MT?) Didn't know that going into it and it affected their experience of the movie.
No I knew it going in, just thought the movie wasn't very good.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Haven't been around much for a while, so let's see if I can remember the movies I've seen:

Well, got on a bit of a gangster kick after finally finishing the Sorpanos (which was awesome!):

Miller's Crossing
Good Fellas
Donnie Brasco

all were good, but Good Fellas is just so bad ass.

Also saw:

Vision: From the Life of Hildegard Von Bingen (beautiful movie about a fascinating person - but left me a little cold at the end)
An Encounter With Simone Weil (good, interesting, but a little disappointing for a Simone Weil fanatic like myself)
Dead Man Walking (great - but not as good as the book which I also just re-read)
Temple Grandin (phenomenal - One of the best movies I've seen in a while)
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:17 pm

This weekend, I saw, with my wife, "Letters to Juliet". For the 4th time.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Sorry, MT.

I saw Due Date and It is Kind of a Funny Story this weekend. It was a Zach Gal weekend. DD is funny, and touching, but the story was a bit weak. IKFS is really good. Everyone did a great job in that one.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 pm

After seeing Harry Potter 3 times... I decided to be adventurous and I took the girls to go see Tangled...amazinglyn fabulous. I love Zachary Levi even as a cartoon.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:07 am

I saw it for the 3rd time this weekend (DH) and I think that's good for now Smile
Pete saw about 48.6% of it for the 2nd time. The other 51.4% he was sleeping Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19