Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where da baby? random thoughts

5 posters

Go down

Where da baby? random thoughts Empty Where da baby? random thoughts

Post by JasonM Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:28 am

In the last season it seems

my brother and his wife had a baby
my cousin and her husband are pregnant
heathers cousin and baby momma had a child
heathers cousin and baby daddy are preggo
my friends drew and amanda are preggo
and a lady at my church and her husband had a child

H. is on new medicine so the process continues. I think i've decided that as an adult a person without child can not really be friends with a person with child.

My favorite easter candy is cadberry eggs, i've had 4 so far this year.

its been a long week. 47hrs on the clock and easter lunch and dinner tomorow. I'll sleep next week.

jmc
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Where da baby? random thoughts Empty Re: Where da baby? random thoughts

Post by Angie Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 am

You know what, Jason, I have a really good friend who really wants kids...and we are still very good friends. It depends on the people, some people do get so wrapped up in their kids and they are very insensitive, but don't write everyone off.

We will pray for you guys!

Oh, and my favorite Easter candy is also Cadberry Eggs.....I can't decided between Cream Eggs or Mini Eggs.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 am

Mini Eggs all the way, baby!

I am sorry you guys are struggling in this area. Seems like you are not alone, though. I know a ton of people with infertility issues. They just don't seem to be around you, which is hard. Life's Interruptions are actually Invitations to lean closer into the loving embrace of God...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonM Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 am

thanks we are super happy for our family and friends. and our time will come

i think the bigger issue is making friends as adults. which seems hard to do.
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 am

Making friends as an adult is super hard, and it looks so much different then friends as kids.
As kids it was about spending quantities of time together and as adults it's more about the quality.
I think it's also hard because we've probably been through the friendship ringer a few times and know how risky it is to open yourself up to a relationship like that and how easy it is to be dissappointed and hurt. At least that's the case for me.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 am

I agree with that, bethany. But, then I also feel caught because I really long for quality friendships too. I think there is something in each of us that desires to be known by others.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 am

yep. Same here, we have no friends....and especially for me that is hard. Nate doesn't care so much, but even he could use a good friend with common interests.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah Mel, I'm totally with you on that dissonance between wanting to protect yourself but also wanting to be known
I was talking to Sharen about it lately because she's had 2 friends in the last year or two just totally flake out and abandon her and she said she loves Jeff and I but would like another friend too.
So I was telling her to invite a few of the mom's and their families over that she knows from church. The kids get along great and then she can start to get to know the parents too.
She just wanted it to fast forward to the sweet spot of friendship, but mostly you have to build towards that really.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah, that is hard. And it seems with every change of life, new friends have to be made!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Too many times, when I've gotten to REALLY know someone, I don't really care to hang with them - or more I've lost respect for them.

This isespecially true of Christians who portray themselves as being 'holier than thou' and throw it in peoples faces (not real Christ-like) - when they aren't even close to being the person they are portraying themselves to be.
They're hypoctites - phonies.

None of us live totally they way we should, but PRETENDING to is crap. Be honest. I'm a F-up and I know it. Thank God that He doesn't care. He accepts me for me.

I am who I am. I don't really give a rats behind if someone doesn't like me or the person I am. That's their problem. I REFUSE to go around spouting off some pre-scripted Chrisianese BS to try to make myself look good. I DESPISE phonies!

When I was a pastor, the greatest compliment I ever got was when a guy in his late twenties told me, "I like your church. You're like a real person."

I thought that was hilarious - but I knew exactly what he meant. I was his pastor, but I was also a guy - just like him - and I didn't go around acting like some pious stuffed shirt. He could relate to me.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down