Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby

3 posters

Go down

The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby Empty The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby

Post by JasonM Wed May 12, 2010 1:45 am

Its a moutfull, but here goes.

we just found out the other day that my sister is expecting. It hit Heather and I pretty hard. Sister called to give us hope, she was on the same medicine and let us know. we are moving onto another step in the process. Everyone is worried that we will be upset that they are pregnant. Its bitter-sweet. its hard to explain to everyone how we feel so we usually go with we are happy and we are fine explination. Its deeper than that. we know its out of our control. atm 1 cousin and 1 sister are expecting.

H and I started pioneer club 3 years ago. and it was suited for 3rd and 4th graders but we've let younger and older be a part of it. Now the core group, the ones that were with us from the beginning will be entering the 6th and 7th grade. The word has gotten around to us that the older ones think its more about the young kids. Our age range has been streached from kindegarten to 7th grade. Bascially because nobody has stepped up to help us in taking the younger children. and we feel that it is our place to do so. So as the lord wills we will be seperating the group to help keep the older ones in church. I'll be taking the middle school and H the little ones. before we do this we are going to approach the core older ones and get their thoughts on it. For me its scarry. I still consider that i lost sight of the lord while in middle school and I don't want it to happen to those around me. If a ministry does not transition than it will sink. we have to be willing to grow and mold to were we need to be.

in other fronts on the church. We still have a building plan, a less than fiull church, and a plot of land sitting and waiting. I like the preacher as a person but I don't like how he preaches. I feel a lack inspiration from the pulpit. or maybe i'm to harden to listen to him. who knows.

That plus the busy season at work, things has been hetic. i lurk around this place a lot more than I post. I still haven't read 10k miles by dfm. tomorrow is my 1st day off in a while. Maybe it will do me good to de-compress.

thats about it

JMC
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby Empty Re: The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby

Post by Angie Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 am

good to hear from you Jason. You guys are in my prayers.

Angie

Back to top Go down

The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby Empty Re: The transition of our ministry and trying to have a baby

Post by Bethany Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 am

That's a lot going on Jason, thanks for sharing. I'm praying for you guys and for restful rest today on your day off
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down