Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Sunday!

4 posters

Go down

Easter Sunday! Empty Easter Sunday!

Post by Angie Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 am

I really should have done Lent. I guess it's never to late for your own personal journey.

What I know is, I do believe. But what I also know is I don't live like I do.

I remember being a kid, a little kid and listening to my mom and dad sing, "He could've called 10,000 angels" and it melted me, even as a small child, that Jesus would love me that much....and then life happens, and now I am an adult who is more concerned with the fact that I don't like my appearance and I don't have money...and I blame it on God....all of the crap of life, I blame it on God....instead of trusting that He really loves me.

And if you don't trust that, Easter just doesn't have the power that it should.

So, I guess I'll start today by asking God for more faith in His love!

I hope you all have a very blessed Easter and that you find God's love today.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Easter Sunday! Empty Re: Easter Sunday!

Post by Pete Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am

I think the trick to a spiritual journey is finding your way back to Him after you discover all the crap life deals out to adults. I was faithful as a kid but as more life got thrown at me the more I strayed and couldn't understand his love. The further I get, the more I'm realizing it again.

You're not alone Angie, I can't speak for everyone in your life, but I know here you're amongst a group of people that understand the journey and are all on it with you.

I hope you and yours have a blessed Easter.
hug
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:17 am

Angie, that's the very same journey I have been on lately. You are not alone.

But, thanks be to God, nothing has to be the same as it was before. That is the glory of Easter--death, and that which brings death, has no more power over us. The video you posted on FB is amazing at pointing that out!

Additionally, I have been listening to one of Chip Ingram's sermons on repeat...The Goodness of God. Here is a link to his resources. The one I am listening to is under the heading God: As He Longs for You to See Him. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For me, I do not trust that God has my best interests at heart. That is my issue of faith--not whether or not he exists or created this world or those kinds of things. For me, the hardest thing to believe is that he loves me enough to give me the very best.

But, the great thing about God is, no matter my level of belief or unbelief, he is still the same! And so I am trying to come to a place where I say, "Whether I see or feel it or not, God, I am going to trust that you love me more than I can fathom and are providing the very best for me in all situations." I am not fully there yet, even. But, I am trying...

The sermon yesterday was, "Why are you looking for the living among the dead?"--He has risen! In the most powerful action of all time and space, Jesus broke the bonds of death for all of us. It is my prayer on this Easter Sunday is that we may receive that gift of life which is beyond our comprehension.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 pm

I can't not think of this scene when I think about this day:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think about Jesus, praying in the Garden, knowing He's about to go through an agonizing death, as about to bear all the sin of the world, and about to be separated from the Father. He prays to Him--the Author of the greatest story ever written--asking if there's another way. But there isn't, so He says "Finish the book. It's a great story. If I have to die so that this story gets written, I will."
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down