Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters)

4 posters

Go down

Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters) Empty Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters)

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:41 am

I'm just feeling really dry lately. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally.
I was talking awhile back about how I was looking for this relationship, something that is refining and chisles away the callouses I build up against the world. Of course everyone immediately started referring me to match.com because (as I sassily retort) marriage/dating fixes everything....

But I had a friend that asked me if maybe the "feeling" I was looking for would be found in a more intentional and intimate relationship with Jesus.
What I'm finding is that in a sense. But I'm finding that this dryness, this seemingly void of meaning drifting that I feel like I'm doing is actually the refining part. Lately I've felt like I've been struggling against the edges of life, my comfort zone etc.
I had this realizaton the other day that this seems to be the answer to the prayer of a refining relationship that chisles off my callouses. It just doesn't look the way I want it to. That in this discontent, discomfort, and displacement among the relationships of the world God is refining me just like I wanted.

Then my brain exploded.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters) Empty Re: Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters)

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 am

Bethany wrote:I'm just feeling really dry lately. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally.
I was talking awhile back about how I was looking for this relationship, something that is refining and chisles away the callouses I build up against the world. Of course everyone immediately started referring me to match.com because (as I sassily retort) marriage/dating fixes everything....

But I had a friend that asked me if maybe the "feeling" I was looking for would be found in a more intentional and intimate relationship with Jesus.
What I'm finding is that in a sense. But I'm finding that this dryness, this seemingly void of meaning drifting that I feel like I'm doing is actually the refining part. Lately I've felt like I've been struggling against the edges of life, my comfort zone etc.
I had this realizaton the other day that this seems to be the answer to the prayer of a refining relationship that chisles off my callouses. It just doesn't look the way I want it to. That in this discontent, discomfort, and displacement among the relationships of the world God is refining me just like I wanted.

Then my brain exploded.

That's a good thing, TB! All except the exploding brain part.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters) Empty Re: Dry (I hate that titles have to be longer than 10 charaters)

Post by Angie Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for sharing that Bethany.

It is sad that people always think of people needing a partner when these times come up in our lives...especially married people, because if marriage fixed everything we wouldn't all go through those times, but we do.

It is cool when you see that you are being refined!

Sorry about your brain, I hope you have a good mop.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:32 pm

What doesn't look like you wanted it to? The process? The end result? the relationship?

I posted a video a while back from my church that included a drama about God chiseling us...did you view it, by chance? It rocked my world.

I think it's so great how things work out. I have recently been praying for deepened intimacy with Christ and have been quite surprised by the answer! You are not alone!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down