Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No longer patriotic

4 posters

Go down

No longer patriotic Empty No longer patriotic

Post by JasonM Mon May 31, 2010 8:49 am

I'm not sure when it happend. Been building for years. But I no longer wish to marry my faith and being patriotic. and more and more I am less patriotic

I've recently stopped saying the pledge cause it just doesn't feel right. I pledge to God not a flag.

I think it started to happen when I realize the way politics uses religion. And the church uses its people for political adgendas.

so I am no longer proud to be an american or wish for God to bless america.
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

No longer patriotic Empty Re: No longer patriotic

Post by Angie Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am

I think you could also say religion sometimes uses politics.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 am

It's not always easy to separate the two or feel like blessing the country, but for me I still wish for God to bless America because without this freedom we might be forced to meet in basements to discuss God. Without these freedoms we would be in grave danger for trying to spread the gospel, and because without these freedoms a place like this might not exist and I would never get to be a part of this community.

I see the troubles other countries have with their lack of freedoms and I realize that even with our problems, we still have it pretty good.

These freedoms are also how you are able to not only have this personal opinion, but able to post it for public view. I hope you're able to find solace between the two someday.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am

Excellent, Pete.

When we say we're thankful for the USA, it's not because we think God chose to make us better for our benefit, or because we think we earned our good standing. It's because He chose to use this nation (among others) to spread the Gospel to the world. He made us financially prosperous, not for Osteen reasons, but because He wants us to share with those who have less. It's a great place we're in, and we should indeed be thankful.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down