Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday!

+5
Pete
JamesWilliams
Angie
meether369
Bethany
9 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tuesday! - Page 15 Empty Re: Tuesday!

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Pete wrote:People are telling me how nice it is here too, but I'm stuck in the building until 7pm. Too bad too because it would be a good day to get some things done outside.......like organize, purge and pack my garage!

yeah.. I totally ready "pack my garbage"... and I was going to ask why you wanted to pack your garbage
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Please don't bring garbage to my house, I have enough of my own!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Somedays I think this house holds nothing but garbage and I just want to throw it all away and start over......then I come to my senses. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 am

Well, back to work Tuesday is here. I didn't get all that much accomplished off my to-do list but this weekend was filled with amazing times with God. Like, blow-me-away, never-be-the-same-again kind of revelations. WAY better than cleaning and organizing my closet! So, I feel good. It's funny because since starting this additional studying about a month ago, I have felt like something is coming. And then this weekend has been full of amazing revelation which rocks my understanding of God. And last night as part of a Beth Moore study, she pointed out that many times, God increases our reverence for him as part of our preparation for something new he has in store. Well, God, bring it on! I am ready! He is an awesome Father worthy of our longing hearts!

So, there's that and then there's also work and catching up on the to-do list today! What's in your wallet for this Tuesday?!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 am

Working then working out for the first time in like 3 weeks. I heard my trainer quit the gym, so it will be interesting to see if that's true and if so who I'll be working out with...
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 am

I have to get ready for work, I don't know why I am sitting here....but I will talk to you guys this afternoon!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 am

Confession... both my pets have a facebook page because I needed more neighbors in farmville.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 am

Taking the day off; Spring break so my kids are with me. Raining.

Doing homebody stuff like playing Pictureka with my 6-yr-old. Will plant strawberries later today.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Katykc wrote:Confession... both my pets have a facebook page because I needed more neighbors in farmville.

that is awesome and hilarious Katy! You should friend request Ethan and Leaf...they have farms, I think.

I am going to take the kids to the $ theater to see The Squeakel later this afternoon. Nate and I are then going to have a date when I bring the kids home!!! YAY. Weekends away with the fam are fun, but Nate and I get no time just for us. And I really can't believe we have 15 year old twins....I was looking at Nate the other day thinking there is no way we have been together that long....crazy stuff.

I have to take Andrew to the dentist at 3....little cleaning to do as well.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Angie wrote:
Katykc wrote:Confession... both my pets have a facebook page because I needed more neighbors in farmville.

that is awesome and hilarious Katy! You should friend request Ethan and Leaf...they have farms, I think.

I am going to take the kids to the $ theater to see The Squeakel later this afternoon. Nate and I are then going to have a date when I bring the kids home!!! YAY. Weekends away with the fam are fun, but Nate and I get no time just for us. And I really can't believe we have 15 year old twins....I was looking at Nate the other day thinking there is no way we have been together that long....crazy stuff.

I have to take Andrew to the dentist at 3....little cleaning to do as well.

well, if you don't think they will think it's odd to friend their mom's friend I will...
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I don't think they would think it odd, they love Melissa.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Okay Angie... I sent them friend requests... if they want to know who the strange woman with the dog picture is, just tell them it's me.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:39 pm

I don't get it. How many neighbors can one farm have? Aren't there limited plots adjecent to a piece of land?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Laughing You know I never thought of it that way Mel. I have 49 neighbors I think now, that's a strangely shaped piece of land!

Tonight I'm going to a club for a comedy thing, it should be a lot of fun, everyone else knows these semi local comedians, I guess I'm out of the loop. I just like to laugh, it doesn't matter to me who they are. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Pete wrote:Laughing You know I never thought of it that way Mel. I have 49 neighbors I think now, that's a strangely shaped piece of land!

I'm jealous... I only have 13 or 14... maybe 15..
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Pete wrote:
Tonight I'm going to a club for a comedy thing, it should be a lot of fun, everyone else knows these semi local comedians, I guess I'm out of the loop. I just like to laugh, it doesn't matter to me who they are. Laughing

what if they aren't funny?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Katykc wrote:
Pete wrote:

what if they aren't funny?

If they aren't funny I'll demand my money back. Laughing They are semi locals that are featured weekly on a very popular morning show around here, so I'm not too worried. Smile
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Katykc wrote:
Pete wrote:Laughing You know I never thought of it that way Mel. I have 49 neighbors I think now, that's a strangely shaped piece of land!

That sucks Katy, I wish I could share neighbors!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm

What the efff?! I just slammed the tip of my finger between my car door and the rearview mirror of the car next to mine. Feels like it's gonna fall off. Holy crap!!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Pete wrote:
Katykc wrote:

That sucks Katy, I wish I could share neighbors!

well, my mom has lots of friends and they are people I know, but I don't want to add them as facebook friends... so I just kind of deal with it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 am

I have really been seeking out information about my will vs. God's will and the concept that, even though things don't work out the way I want them to, God loves me. Well, more like, he loves me too much to allow my short-sighted plan to take precidence over his bigger plan for me and for the world.

So, I do this little prayer devotional when I think of it. Today, it mentioned something about plans and God and referenced Proverbs 16:9. So, I figured I would read the whole book to get some context on the whole thing. Wowsers!! It hit on about 500 issues currently on my docket!! The planning stuff, giving advice to others (sometimes I get really insecure about doing that--like I talk too much), even stuff about being a leader and gossip which I am dealing with at work! Man alive! The Lord is good!

Here it is in The Message, possibly it encourages you too! Sorry if the formatting is weird. It's coming out of a Bible App I have on my phone:

1 Mortals make elaborate plans,

but God has the last word. 2 Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good;

God probes for what is good. 3 Put God in charge of your work,

then what you’ve planned will take place. 4 God made everything with a place and purpose;

even the wicked are included—but for judgment. 5 God can’t stomach arrogance or pretense;

believe me, he’ll put those upstarts in their place. 6 Guilt is banished through love and truth;

Fear-of-God deflects evil. 7 When God approves of your life,

even your enemies will end up shaking your hand. 8 Far better to be right and poor

than to be wrong and rich. 9 We plan the way we want to live,

but only God makes us able to live it.

It Pays to Take Life Seriously
10 A good leader motivates,

doesn’t mislead, doesn’t exploit. 11 God cares about honesty in the workplace;

your business is his business. 12 Good leaders abhor wrongdoing of all kinds;

sound leadership has a moral foundation. 13 Good leaders cultivate honest speech;

they love advisors who tell them the truth. 14 An intemperate leader wreaks havoc in lives;

you’re smart to stay clear of someone like that. 15 Good-tempered leaders invigorate lives;

they’re like spring rain and sunshine. 16 Get wisdom—it’s worth more than money;

choose insight over income every time. 17 The road of right living bypasses evil;

watch your step and save your life. 18 First pride, then the crash—

the bigger the ego, the harder the fall. 19 It’s better to live humbly among the poor

than to live it up among the rich and famous. 20 It pays to take life seriously;

things work out when you trust in God. 21 A wise person gets known for insight;

gracious words add to one’s reputation. 22 True intelligence is a spring of fresh water,

while fools sweat it out the hard way. 23 They make a lot of sense, these wise folks;

whenever they speak, their reputation increases. 24 Gracious speech is like clover honey—

good taste to the soul, quick energy for the body. 25 There’s a way that looks harmless enough;

look again—it leads straight to hell. 26 Appetite is an incentive to work;

hunger makes you work all the harder. 27 Mean people spread mean gossip;

their words smart and burn. 28 Troublemakers start fights;

gossips break up friendships. 29 Calloused climbers betray their very own friends;

they’d stab their own grandmothers in the back. 30 A shifty eye betrays an evil intention;

a clenched jaw signals trouble ahead. 31 Gray hair is a mark of distinction,

the award for a God-loyal life. 32 Moderation is better than muscle,

self-control better than political power. 33 Make your motions and cast your votes,but God has the final say.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:10 am

That's really awesome Mel! Thanks for sharing.

I met with Ben and Michelle last night, I had dinner with Michelle ahead of time and told her a bit about the Mexico stuff so she wouldn't be caught off guard. I brought it up to Ben and we had a nice chat. Apparently what he meant was no all call fundraisers is what he meant.
They are trying to not have our church be fundraiser weary and Mexico is the only thing they've done all call funraisers for in the 5 1/2 years we've been open and now there are a lot of people approaching them to do all calls for their events.
Church work is messy. All in all it was a good conversation and I got to air my concerns and hear the background reasons.
I felt a lot better after.
Today I'm working and then working out. I'm hoping to get back on the regular work out bandwagon soon, I've evened out at 17 down and I want to start up again.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 am

Good thoughts to start off the morning, Melissa! I am off to work, than to the dentist with kids, and back home to clean. Ah the excitement.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 pm

What I'm wondering is if there is really a need for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---- this is a linkypoo
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 pm

wow. It's true. Hollywood is truly out of ideas.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum