Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday!

+4
Katykc
Bethany
Pete
meether369
8 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Wednesday! - Page 9 Empty Re: Wednesday!

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 am

Bethany wrote:Is the forum looking and acting funky for any of you?

Yup. I just posted it in the announcements thread or whatever the hell it's called
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Just got an email chock full of pictures from the childrens home in India that Washington Project bought clothes for a month or so ago. So amazing to see the kids in clothes we picked out ourselves!
They also snapped a pic of the kids laying hands on the boxes and praying for the people that picked out the clothes, our church and Washington Project.
What a boost to my day!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I saw the pics on Twitter, TB.
That's so great!

Blessings beget blessings!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu May 06, 2010 7:58 am

Bethany wrote:Just got an email chock full of pictures from the childrens home in India that Washington Project bought clothes for a month or so ago. So amazing to see the kids in clothes we picked out ourselves!
They also snapped a pic of the kids laying hands on the boxes and praying for the people that picked out the clothes, our church and Washington Project.
What a boost to my day!

That brought tears to my eyes, Bethany. Beautiful!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 am

Yesterday was really, really difficult. Major issues arose with co-workers at work and I felt challenged for and not supported in doing the right thing. I believe this is most definitely attack.

I defended myself, but more importantly, I find that the Lord has been faithful and near me through this whole thing. He has encouraged me at every turn and has given me the words to say. I have been following where he leads and will continue to do so. If the opportunity arises, I am going to call out some of the things I am seeing going on in this latest drama.

Sheesh! I am tempted to say I can't wait for it all to be over, but really, I want to learn what I can from it and be transformed in whatever way is most pleasing to God. I haven't done anything wrong and feel the need to explain myself, but only if I am given the opportunity to. So, we shall see.

Hoping today brings resolution, and better feelings than yesterday!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 12, 2010 7:54 am

Mel that is so hard and wonderful all at the same time!

Today is Sharen's birthday! I think we're going to Red Robin for dinner for her bday but that's about it. I'm really sore from the gym last night and just want to curl up in the fetal position and die Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

A former ministry associate of mine recently wrote this brief article for the religion page of a CT newspaper. It may encourage you.

An Encouraging Word about Our Frailties

by Drew Crandall

Isn't it amazing how rapidly our lives can change? In a moment's notice, we can be emotionally, mentally, physically, financially, or spiritually devastated. For example, you go to work, and are laid off. You drive down the street, and get into an accident. You go to your annual physical, and learn that you have a major health issue. You walk down the stairs at home, accidentally trip and fall. You make financial investments, and they suddenly lose much or all of their value. You loan someone money, and he or she rips you off. You unexpectedly become a victim of crime. A friend or relative whom you trusted insults, abuses, or betrays you. Someone close to you is seriously hurt or dies.

This list is endless.

The stark reality is that human existence here in Connecticut and beyond is complex and incredibly fragile. Because we do not know what each day will bring, we must not allow the past or the future to distract and hinder us from enjoying the "precious present."

I was recently invited to be a guest of honor at the annual Bridgeport Hospital Neonatal Unit ICU Reunion, because I am one of the Hospital's "Miracle Babies" from the mid-1950s. It is a remarkable story. Neither my Mom nor I should have survived, or if I did survive, I should have been severely handicapped. By God's grace and against all odds, I have lived a normal, healthy life for 55 years. This Reunion consists of several hundred toddlers, young children and their parents. Hospital officials told me I was the oldest alumnus who has ever participated, and that I brought a unique, long-term perspective on the value of the ICU and to the awesome potential of these young lives, no matter how difficult their beginnings.

People often ask why I am so enthusiastic, energetic, and strong in my faith. I believe part of the answer is that, deep inside since the womb and my early childhood, I've had a strong sense that I am on borrowed time, that I don't want to waste my life, that every day is a gift, and that I'm here for a purpose.

If you are struggling today and need a little encouragement, remember that as fragile and vulnerable as you are, every day is still a gift. Your life can also rapidly change in good ways. You need not live your life consumed by fear, worry, doubt, pain, and bitterness. I invite you to contact me for a free copy of "Enthusiasm Makes a BIG Difference," a handout I've prepared based on the writings of the late Rev. Norman Vincent Peale, Scripture, and some of my original commentary.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 12, 2010 11:32 am

so, bart drinks out of the toilet... i know, it's a bit gross... anyway... he won't do it if anyone is in there... like if i'm in there doing my h air or something, he won't come in.... so, he sits in the open door way and just looks up at me with big ol puppy dog eyes... in other words, I got kicked out of the bathroom this morning and had to do part of my make up in the hallway
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 am

meether369 wrote:Yesterday was really, really difficult. Major issues arose with co-workers at work and I felt challenged for and not supported in doing the right thing. I believe this is most definitely attack.

I defended myself, but more importantly, I find that the Lord has been faithful and near me through this whole thing. He has encouraged me at every turn and has given me the words to say. I have been following where he leads and will continue to do so. If the opportunity arises, I am going to call out some of the things I am seeing going on in this latest drama.

Sheesh! I am tempted to say I can't wait for it all to be over, but really, I want to learn what I can from it and be transformed in whatever way is most pleasing to God. I haven't done anything wrong and feel the need to explain myself, but only if I am given the opportunity to. So, we shall see.

Hoping today brings resolution, and better feelings than yesterday!

If Jesus gives us a task or assigns us to a difficult season, every ounce of our experience is meant for our instruction and completion if only we’ll let Him finish the work. I fear, however, that we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner.

Beth Moore
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 pm

That's excellent! Thanks, Katy.
I'm going to print that out and put it on my bulletin board.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 12, 2010 12:26 pm

I bet Bart will be excited about that...

oh wait... you meant the quote.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

No - I'd never hang Bart on my bulletin board.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed May 12, 2010 4:42 pm

That's great, Katy. Thank you. I am trying to remain in the fully-attentive range--looking for that beauty!!

No drama today, but no opportunity to address things, either. So, in some ways it was a good day.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 am

We have 3 more sessions of pre-k, and then school is done for the year....it has gone really fast.

I have to work all day today and take a cpr class tonight. It's going to be a long day.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 am

Work then working out. Then I'm heading to a friends house to play some Settler of Catan and eat dinner. Should be a lot of fun
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

I have a funeral luncheon to deliver in an hour, then lunch with the parents (if my swollen throat goes down before then), then home to do some laundry and then off to work I go for the night.

Just talked to my dad, he got tested this morning for whopping cough, the doctor said it's only dangerous in a child, there have been 6 reported cases in the local school. It's weird this stuff is coming back.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 am

Stephanie had whooping cough a few years back and I heard of a few other friends of friends who have had it. It's crazy to me that it's making a comeback!

Pete, please take it easy and don't push yourself like crazy so you can start getting better mmmkay?
Love, Mom
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed May 19, 2010 10:35 am

Laughing I'll do my best mom.

I do really need to rest a bit more, but knowing that, and doing that are two totally different things! Laughing

Gonna surf the sofa before lunch and maybe catch a nap. Cool
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 19, 2010 11:48 am

Well, there is a vaccine for whooping cough... and I think now that parents are more and more deciding not to get their kids vaccinated, these things are going to start going around again. Also, I think vaccines only last so long, so its possible to get it even if you've had a vaccine. Of course, in this day in age, it's probably not as dangerous with all the medical advances and drugs and such as it used to be... so its probably easier to treat then it used to be, so a vaccine might not be necessary. umm... yeah... so that was my long answer to... kids probably don't get vaccinated as much for it anymore.

My head hurts... I'm tired. I don't wanna be here. Two weeks till vacation.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 am

5 weeks until I come see yoU!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 19, 2010 11:53 am

Bethany wrote:5 weeks until I come see yoU!

yay! please don't bring the whooping cough with you. Smile Also, please be prepared in case I have another 3 weeks of pms. You may have to make sure coffee and snacks are always readily available.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 19, 2010 11:53 am

I'm ok with that, just don't expect me to make the coffee, it will suck
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed May 19, 2010 11:55 am

Bethany wrote:I'm ok with that, just don't expect me to make the coffee, it will suck

I live in portland... there is a coffee place on every corner.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed May 19, 2010 12:55 pm

they gave my dad a type of tetnus shot that is used to treat whooping cough, but I agree less kids are getting vaccinated.

I got a call earlier from the appraiser that's coming tomorrow to appraise the business assets and said he got a call today telling him how unhappy I am with the real estate appraisal and asked how he could help. He's a great guy and wants to sit down with me tomorrow when we meet and go through it because he said it sounded a bit low even for the economy and wants to help me in someway. I feel better now. Cool
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Yay!
Who called him though?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next