Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You must list your favorite

+3
meether369
Bethany
JamesWilliams
7 posters

Go down

You must list your favorite Empty You must list your favorite

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:23 am

Please list two things:

1. The favorite gift you received this Christmas

2. The favorite gift you gave

=================

For me, the iTouch my wife bought me was the best. She normally doesn't like to spend a ton of money on any non-essentials, but she did this time.

And my favorite thing I gave was my 5-year-old got his fist real bible. I mean, he has those little kids' bibles that only have a few stories in them, but this time, I got him a bible with all the verses in the bible, although in an easy-read translation. He seems genuinely excited.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

You must list your favorite Empty Re: You must list your favorite

Post by Bethany Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 am

I got a Kitchen Aid mixer! So stoked!
My favorite gift I gave was also a kids bible to Matthew. He read it on and off throughout the day and the first thing he said when he opened it and read the first page was, "Hey! It says GOD in here! God is in the bible!" Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 am

I haven't received them yet, but I have 2 Flip Cameras coming to my classroom after break thanks to my mom. I can't wait to use them to create video shorts to teach the kids appropriate behaviors!!!

Since I haven't actually received them yet, I will list that the best gift I actually received is a watch. It is really simple, but I love the mesh band and mothrr-of-pearl face.

I gave all really practical gifts this year, so it's hard to identify a favorite, but I guess there is one that kind of stands out. My two friends from high school are into Friday Night Lights and got me watching it too. I fell in love with the show. So, there are 3 seasons on DVD so far, so I bought all three and gave 1 to each of us. That way, we'd have to share to watch... It kind of speaks to our love for the show, and our friendship.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:07 pm

My favorite gift I received: 4gig MP3player

Gift I gave: I hired a photographer to take our family portrait. We actually did it in October and my mom cried when I told her what I was doing. She's wanted a new family portrait for the last couple of years, it's been 10 years since our last, but my brother's marriage was on the rocks and I wanted to wait to see how it panned out. After they divorced I went ahead and scheduled the shoot. It was a bit pricey, but it made my parents so happy it was worth every penny.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Favorite I received- a 7" Wustoff Santoku knife.

Favorite given- I have two I got on my middle brother A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and I got my oldest brother the 10 year anniversary book of Good Eats.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Katykc wrote:Favorite I received- a 7" Wustoff Santoku knife.

Favorite given- I have two I got on my middle brother A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and I got my oldest brother the 10 year anniversary book of Good Eats.

Not surprisingly, so far, I find the stories behind what you guys gave to be -- I don't know the best word--good to read, maybe?
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:35 am

Nate got me a pair of Doc Martens! I am way too cheap to buy them for myself, but they have been my favorite shoes since I was a teenager.

Well, the best gift we gave, mostly because of the shock effect was a PS3....which the kids totally did not expect and thought they were completely done opening gifts, which were all practical stuff...and then we surprised them. Another thing that was cool about it, was that we really couldn't afford it, but Nate has been saving a little of his paycheck every week for a new guitar, and he used that money to get the kids the game system, which was just a neat picture of a dad's love and desire to see his kids happy and getting something they don't even deserve. It was a real Christmas moment.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Angie wrote:Another thing that was cool about it, was that we really couldn't afford it, but Nate has been saving a little of his paycheck every week for a new guitar, and he used that money to get the kids the game system, which was just a neat picture of a dad's love and desire to see his kids happy and getting something they don't even deserve.

Now, that's a great dad!
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:51 pm

I think so too! I am very proud of him, he is a great guy.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:51 pm

And, for the record, I think you are probably the same kind of dad, James.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzle Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I gave a cutting board, one that I made

I received, or will receive, a pottery class which I will be taking with my wife in a couple of weeks. It is our gift to each other.

tizzle
tizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzle Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Bethany wrote:"Hey! It says GOD in here! God is in the bible!" Laughing

He he. I remember not too long ago saying, "Mom, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are all the same."
tizzle
tizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down