Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Like Jazz re-read

3 posters

Go down

Blue Like Jazz re-read Empty Blue Like Jazz re-read

Post by JasonM Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 am

Its been done before, i know but if any of you want to join me in the blj re-read i will begin shortly i read blj over christmas break in a few days. I think it was 2005 it was before i was married. I don't even remember where i bought it. My state of mind and spirit in 05 was a lot different, If i had to label that season it it was my wilderness time. I had left church, and my "christian bubble", I just met H. my wife.

I guess for me it was the cover and title that drew me. I like jazz and it looked differnt. I also thought I was definately non religious. I bought it and didn't pick it up till months later on a vacation to my dads parents house in louisana.

"Sometime you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself"

"I knew God's family was better than mine"

To many times it feels that we are not god enough for God. I think this is a false impression that our "bubble" culture puts on us. With our new cable we have every faith network there is. On one show called the basement, the whole thing was about How God transformed theese dudes lives. I kept thinking i've been changed but i still feel as if God hasn't done squat with me and i'm not good enough.

tbc
JMC
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Blue Like Jazz re-read Empty Re: Blue Like Jazz re-read

Post by Angie Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I'll do a re-read and discussion with you...even a couple of years later it is interesting to read things again, because at different points in life, things can mean something totally different to you.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 am

I'd be totally into rereading BLJ. I just unpacked my books after they sat in storage for a year and DM's books were in the mix and I got excited to see them! Let me know when to start. I'm finishing another book right now, but shouldn't take me too much longer.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonM Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:14 am

dear sirs and mams i am a slacker and i doubt i will ever get anything done that i suggest lol seems i have little time to read
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down