Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Moment

+7
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Angie
meether369
Admin
Bethany
Katykc
Pete
11 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

At the Moment - Page 16 Empty Re: At the Moment

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 am

Laughing

I could have told you that would happen Smile
I'm like that even with short visits places sometimes. The good news is you have your own space and outside and most of the time I leave the house around 7am so depending on your work schedule you could have the house to yourself anyway
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:30 pm

ATM-I'm trying to get up the nerve to email an inquiry about an apartment.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:07 pm

I have never lived alone.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 am

I've lived at home, I lived with two people, then I lived with my girlfriend (yes, I really did have one once.....not that there's anything wrong with that), I lived with 3 people, then a stretch of living alone for the last 8 years, and now I'm back to a roommate......who is rockin by the way. Wink Some people can't live alone and never do.

I know my brother is still adjusting, he's 37 and it's the first time he's ever lived alone.

Katy, it never hurts to ask or to look, it doesn't require a lease for that part of it. Kiss
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:55 pm

I think I would've liked it....now I guess I hope I don't, because that would probably mean something horrible happened to my family....but somedays, I wouldn't mind testing it out....living alone...not horrible things happening to the fam. Smile

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 pm

<cough cough> what's with all the dust in here? <wiping out cobwebs> Wow, this place has gotten pretty dirty, not enough going on to stir up the dust around here. I've been bad about checking in here since I'm usually on my phone instead of the actual computer, it makes me wonder if they have done any kind of mobile set up...hmmm, I think the admin of the site should get off his duff and check it out, now who is that again?.........oh yeah, that's me. Embarassed
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh guess what, while I was gone, they did create a mobile version. Not really happy with it, but it's better than nothing!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi pete
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi ya Katy! How are ya?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:01 pm

sorry, forgot to sign Bethany out before I posted. Let's try this again....

Hi ya Katy!!!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm

wait! Dude! are you really Bethany?! I knew it!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am

Pete, stop impersonating me!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:33 am

Coming here makes me sad...it reminds me of how much I've lost...everyone has moved on....made other friends....had new adventures....created new goals....and Im still stuck...in a job I hate and cant move away from....in a little bedroom in the back corner of my parents house in a town cut off from the rest of civilization...and rose is gone and I don't have anyone to talk to anymore and I miss her...and I miss everyone and hearing about their days and their lives
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 am

Oh Katy sad hug
I'm sorry, honey.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Oh, it's ok. I was just having a poor me moment
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:14 pm

I miss this forum too. The other forum that I used to frequent, a jazz one, is also dying out. I understand why - it's so easy to get spread too thin on the internet, with different forums, different groups of friends, keeping track of all the places you frequent so that you don't miss anything. It' easier to just all congregate in one place like Facebook. But the fact of the matter is, you can't be as intimate on Facebook (or at least I don't feel like being as intimate there) as you can on a forum like this.

Sorry you're not feeling so great about things right now, Katy. I'm feeling a little stuck at the moment too. But I'm reading a book that's helping me. It's reminding me about the virtue of hope, and how hoping is different than wishing. Here's a quote from it that I'm trying to remember when I am feeling stuck:

"Hoping is an openness to the breaking in of what is radically new and unanticipated. Wishing, on the other hand, is the illusory extension into the future of what we want at the present moment. Wishing is not an openness to the future but is oriented entirely from the present. In order to hope, on the other hand, we need to relativize our wishing and open ourselves to the prospect of being surprised by the radically new."

My problem is that I do a lot of wishing, but not a lot of hoping. Wishing puts my immediate and specific desires at the forefrunt (never good). Hoping looks to an unknown future and allows God to be in charge, and allows me to be open to surprise and to new (and unplanned for) directions for my life. Wishing gets us stuck in a mindset of past and present. Hoping keeps us future-oriented, so we don't get stuck.

Hoping isn't just about the future, though. But by always looking forward to the future, it keeps us on a moving path, always growing closer to God, growing more into our true selves. And even though hoping focuses on looking to the future, the openness that it requires and creates infects (in a good way) our present by keeping us in a state of growth and anticipation, and not allowing us to ever settle for tangible "solutions" to our current situations (like a relationship, financial stability, a new job, house, etc.).

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's helpful to others, but I'm finding it really important for myself at the moment.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:00 am

Katykc wrote:Coming here makes me sad...it reminds me of how much I've lost...everyone has moved on....made other friends....had new adventures....created new goals....and Im still stuck...in a job I hate and cant move away from....in a little bedroom in the back corner of my parents house in a town cut off from the rest of civilization...and rose is gone and I don't have anyone to talk to anymore and I miss her...and I miss everyone and hearing about their days and their lives
well, I vote we revitalize the forum.... My life isn't actually too much different....I still feel like you are some of the best friends I will ever have! I miss everyone a lot, and think it is time to seriously plan another get together....I need to get away....my fear of flying does get in the way though....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Come to Cincinnati again Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content