Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday!!!!

+4
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Katykc
Bethany
meether369
8 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Friday!!!! Empty Friday!!!!

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am

It's here! FINALLY! Tomorrow is BREAK! I have a lot to do today and I woke up super later, but I don't even care. I have 2 full weeks off come 3pm!

Tonight, a couple of us from work are going to a paint your own pottery place. It should be nice and relaxing.

Happy Friday to everyone! :)
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Friday!!!! Empty Re: Friday!!!!

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:11 am

meether369 wrote:It's here! FINALLY! Tomorrow is BREAK! I have a lot to do today and I woke up super later, but I don't even care. I have 2 full weeks off come 3pm!

Tonight, a couple of us from work are going to a paint your own pottery place. It should be nice and relaxing.

Happy Friday to everyone! Smile

SON OF A MOTHER! We started one at the same time!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:02 am

So, lat yesterday afternoon I started feeling yucky... headache, soar throat, stuffy nose... and also my back has been giving me lots of problems. So I went to bed at 8 and woke up still feeling yucky and decided to stay home. The only problem is, I went to bed so early that I've been up since about 4:45. I'm thinking of taking a shower and driving out to UPS to pick up my computer. I'm not sure though. I called and arranged for them to hold onto it at the customer center because no one would be home today to sign for it.... and now I'm home... and the customer center is way up on the other side of pdx by the Willamette.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 am

Bethany wrote:It's Friday!
I think I'm finally coming out of my funk that started last Friday, which is wonderful I'm tired of being abjectly depressed Sad
I bought a knifty knitter last night and started a scarf. I also finally bought black nail polish so I could paint my nails black. I've been wanting to do it for awhile and just never got around to it. Funny how it's the little things sometimes Smile

Today I'm working, it's our department Christmas Party and gift exchange. Pot Luck!
Tonight my friend is having a surprise party at 7ish so I'll probably go to that.
Tomorrow I babysit Matthew in the am until 930, then I work at the bookstore 1030-4, then I'm at church 430-530 to receive donations for our WP bake sale tomorrow (benefitting Advent Conspiracy which we're doing to build wells in Uganda) then some Christmas Shopping.
I'm pooped already and the weekend hasn't even started!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:52 am

I think I"m going to try to overtake Mel's post count today Twisted Evil
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:03 am

I just talked to someone in the town I grew up in, that just moved there from the town I now live in.
That's really freaky.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

Bethany wrote:I just talked to someone in the town I grew up in, that just moved there from the town I now live in.
That's really freaky.

Sounds like a stalker, and I know about stalkers. Twisted Evil
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 am

There is a guest that's been lurking, and for awhile I thought it was Dave, but now he's registered....I wonder who it is Question
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Is it the low post counts that has revived conversation a bit here? Seems like we're talking more than if we were @ dmf!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 pm

I think it's the novelty of a new place, and for me it's coming out of a Christmas funk so I'm talking more in all areas
Please, we need reasons to use these: rendeer
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm

It's like getting a new toy when you were a kid.

At first, you want to play with it all day, and even sleep with it (no, Dave - not a woman - a toy!). Then after a while the luster wears off and you throw it in with the other toys to die in anonymity.

How sad! Sad
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

I would just like to say that I am currently typing on my new laptap. It's a 17" and it's really big. The laptop, Bob!

Anyway, now I've currently exhausted myself and am debating taking a nap.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Did you end up picking it up or getting it delivered?
Also, isn't it amazing what the internet looks like when it's not on a 3" screen!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Katykc wrote:I would just like to say that I am currently typing on my new laptap. It's a 17" and it's really big. The laptop, Bob!

That IS big. affraid The laptop, Katrina. Laughing
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 pm

I want to go shopping so bad right now.
I mean I can shop online, but I would prefer to have my hands on it and get it right now Sad
I also have a surprise party that I'm supposed to go to tonight, only I don't know what time to show up and the wife throwing the party doesn't want a paper trail. I'm thinking about skipping out and just going shopping. Is that terrible? I mean it would be good for the economy right queen
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Bethany wrote:Did you end up picking it up or getting it delivered?
Also, isn't it amazing what the internet looks like when it's not on a 3" screen!

i picked it up... since i had them hold it there for me so i could pick it up after work
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:Did you end up picking it up or getting it delivered?

i picked it up... since i had them hold it there for me so i could pick it up after work

Sweet! (send me a pic or upload one here, I want to see the puple color!)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:03 pm

First of all, Dave I love your picture!

We had our Christmas parties today...they went well.

I think the stress of not being prepared AT ALL is catching up to me. But I am trying very hard to take it in stride. I know that everything will be okay.

Piran is crying right now because I am making her clean her own mess, and that is horrible when you're a spoiled brat...but isn't that life? Oh, lordy.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Bethany wrote:I think it's the novelty of a new place, and for me it's coming out of a Christmas funk so I'm talking more in all areas
Please, we need reasons to use these: :rendeer:

You know, it's funny because I often would think of posting things and run through an imaginary conversation in my mind like, "well, if I post it, so and so will say _____, and so and so will come back with _____." Etc. Or, I would assume no one would respond at all. A lot of things just hit the bin.

I think I became really comfortablr with who we are and how we all respond to things.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Katykc wrote:I would just like to say that I am currently typing on my new laptap. It's a 17" and it's really big. The laptop, Bob!

What kind is it? Yay for toys!! And now you can actually watch hulu and videos we reference in an appropriate timeframe!!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm

I am officially DONE!!! Yippee! 2 weeks of no students! This last week was really difficult. They all were a bit checked out and getting anxious by the minute. And I had stuff to wrap up by the end of the week. And 2 different overly "self-motivated" substitutes. Those are the worst. The ones who ask you your credentials in casual conversation, ask about the personal lives of the students, or wonder aloud at how you formulate your curriculum. "Why yes, 65 year old woman in a snowflake vest, I am a capable teacher who deserves to be making a salary while you are earning $10 a day. Oh, and, it's none of your damn business! How about you walk those kids down to the bathroom for me like I asked?"

Sorry, the last one really pissed me off.

This evening, one of the girls from work and I went to the pottery place and painted plaques. My grandma really loved the door hangings I had the kids make for their families, so I painted one for her that says, "Welcome Home" and has our two names on it with flowers. I think she will really like it. It is such a relaxing thing to do. And I think it might be becoming a Beginning of Christmas Break tradition!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

The front page was telling me that there was a new post in the Random Banter thread. I clicked in and out of the RB board 3 times to get the thing to clear. It wouldn't. So, finally, I decided to figure out what it thought was the New Post.

And it was MY post!! It was telling me that I had posted here since my last visit. Umm, what?! Silly new forum!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:24 am

meether369 wrote:

What kind is it? Yay for toys!! And now you can actually watch hulu and videos we reference in an appropriate timeframe!!!

It's a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7... and I'm excited about being able to keep up with things. Smile

Bethany... I totally didn't get what you meant about seeing things on a full size screen instead of a 3" screen... and then I was like... "DUH! The Blackberry!"
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

It's a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7... and I'm excited about being able to keep up with things. Smile

Bethany... I totally didn't get what you meant about seeing things on a full size screen instead of a 3" screen... and then I was like... "DUH! The Blackberry!"

Hahaha, DB indeed!
It's not that fun to see this forum on my phone....is that happening to any of you? I'm just going to the web address.....is that the wrong thing to do?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:26 pm

It's really rough on the phone. A lot of scrolling and a lot of "what the--" goes on over here. I am getting a bit used to it, but it isn't very mobile-friendly.

What do you mean by going to the web address?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next