Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday!

+5
Pete
JamesWilliams
Angie
meether369
Bethany
9 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tuesday! - Page 14 Empty Re: Tuesday!

Post by Pete Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm actually bringing one to leave at your house. It's one that was gifted to me from someone else but I don't have a use for a big one in my house, I just use a 4 cup, but thought if we had one at your house there would be one for everyone that comes by.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it brews coffee it's a good one. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 am

Tuesday! Nice to see you again!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day--today doesn't look so great. Ahh well, spring will be coming eventually.

I have been trying to get home and stay home in the evenings and read and relax, and it seems every week just fills up like crazy. It's kind of annoying because I have been trying to make a point of down time. Maybe it's always like this and I just don't realize it.

So, I am hoping to make it home fairly early and catch up on some things, but we shall see!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 am

it is cool that yesterday was a nice day....it wasn't here....I could really use a sunny day, winter's charm faded a month ago.

So, today I am working at the school and then I am supposed to clean for the Pataskis....but Ethan has a dentist appointment, and Nate has been a little blue, so I think I am going to call and cancel cleaning for today and have lunch with him and then get Ethan to the dentist.

Not a whole lot going on here other than that.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:03 am

Found out last night I have to put another $400 of work into my mouth at least, possibly and most likely $1300.
Sad

Went home and took it out on my bathroom walls by sanding. I think I need a 3rd coat in some places so I'm doing that tonight.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to not eat everything in and out of sight
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 am

I don't even want to think about what I owe my dentist, it is around $2500, and the kids are starting another round of appointments today.

The only thing I regret about the way Nate and I have lived is I wish he would not have worked for my dad....I wish we had a chance at a real life and making money so that we could be financially secure someday....but we will always be scraping bottom.

Sometimes I think that it is very cruel that God puts us in "families"...... a great excuse to get kicked around and used.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 am

So, why again can't Nate work someplace else?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 am

he is the most loyal person on the planet, and he won't do it. He is the only person who is actually working with my brother right now, and honestly, I don't know what my brother would do if we do something else.....it is a very hard spot....my brother did the same thing, worked his life away for my dad with no benefit....now he is the boss, and they cycle goes on....and he is a super nice guy, just the whole family business thing, my family shouldn't have done it.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 am

I understand unhealthy loyalty, it's kind of a weakness of mine as well, so I understand that hard place. Being a family business must make it even more difficult to leave, I feel for the poor guy. He's the only one that can decide when enough is enough, and it eventually gets to that point.

My last day of vacation and I have to run the store. I can't wait for the day I don't have to say that, but for now it's just a part of life.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 am

So I got an email about meeting the potential buyer here tomorrow with the commercial building inspector and the city building inspector. The city inspector has made my life a living hell at several points through out this experience and each and every time I find out he has NO jurisdiction in this building and has no reason to even be here except as a customer. He is not qualified to make calls on a commercial property and sticks his nose where it doesn't belong so I'm less than thrilled to have him in my building again.

I just want this to be done so I can get out of here, so I'll just swallow all this up and just get through this.

I hate being a grown up.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:34 am

Are you able to tell the PB that information? Because if the CBI is trying to pull the same trip than maybe you can save everyone hassle by telling the PB
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 am

I've told him the information, but now that he's tangled up in the city for other things he's afraid to start pushing buttons.

It will be interesting though because the county building inspector has no use for this guy, so having them in the same room could prove to be entertaining at least. The county guy is the one that told me not to let the idiot in the building. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am

Nice Laughing
You'll have to tell us how it goes.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Driving back from getting supplies for the store this morning, my car threw a spark plug. It's happened before and the shop I got it too doesn't do that kind of repair, but one of the guys working there does.

So tonight I have to tow my car to his house and be without it for a week while he fixes it. It's roughly a $500 repair. Crying or Very sad

The good news is, my tax refund will cover the expense and it didn't happen going to or returning from Cinci leaving me stranded. So it's not a disaster, just not how I wanted to end my vacation.

I'm already wishing for this week to just go away.
shots
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 am

Driving to work, I spend some time on a road that goes north and south. I head south. Coming toward me, right above the road, seemingly following its path, was a pair of swans, their white bellies glowing pinkish orange in the recently risen sun. I have never seen that before. What a beautiful herald of spring and warmer weather coming!!

Today is kind of a crazy day at work--two of my students go to a dance class right in the middle of the day which throws everything off. But, the kids all seem so excited by the warm weather that we're having good moods which means good days.

Then tonight I have small group where one woman has recently returned from working in Haiti so I am sure that will be a pretty amazing time! Hope everyone has a great day! Smile
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 am

well, it looks like for now the puking has subsided....but Rhys has an earache...so, I gotta figure out what to do about that.

Work for a half day today, and then I am going to go to the used media store and get Nate some Tragically Hip albums he doesn't have.

I should probably clean as well, but I haven't done that for weeks, so why start now?

The sun is still shining, a winter record, I think. And Andrew is off to Pittsburgh for the day with his class.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 am

It's Tuesday.
Working then rushing home to meet a friend that's crashing at my house for the night. Haven't seen him in almost 8 years and he's in the area with his girlfriend to see her family. Should be interesting.
I rebounded at a million miles an hour with this guy back when John and I broke up and he ripped me apart without even trying then immediately moved to Florida...ON MY BIRTHDAY
So...this should be interesting Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 am

Todayisthefirstdayivehadcoffeesincegettingtheflulastweekandimsuperhyperrightnowitshouldmakeforaninterestingday.

Go 49'ers!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

it makes me smile when you post, Katy.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Katykc wrote:Todayisthefirstdayivehadcoffeesincegettingtheflulastweekandimsuperhyperrightnowitshouldmakeforaninterestingday.

Go 49'ers!

you make me.... bounce
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Angie wrote:it makes me smile when you post, Katy.

hug
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Pete wrote:
Katykc wrote:Todayisthefirstdayivehadcoffeesincegettingtheflulastweekandimsuperhyperrightnowitshouldmakeforaninterestingday.

Go 49'ers!

you make me.... bounce

Cool
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better Katy! hug
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm

so, Rhys is now on antibiotics for an ear infection, so at least we caught it and he is on the mend!

It is so nice out here today!!!!!!!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:58 pm

People are telling me how nice it is here too, but I'm stuck in the building until 7pm. Too bad too because it would be a good day to get some things done outside.......like organize, purge and pack my garage!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm

yeah, I should be getting work done too....but I'm not....I am going to walk to the school to get the twins and Andrew....and that will shoot the rest of the afternoon....then dinner, clean up and bed time! Life does fly by.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum