Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday!

+5
Pete
JamesWilliams
Angie
meether369
Bethany
9 posters

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tuesday! - Page 16 Empty Re: Tuesday!

Post by Angie Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

well, it looks as if Bob was bored today,,,,I've never seen this much unread material in my life...but I guess I'll just let it go.

I am feeling very lazy today!!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Angie wrote:well, it looks as if Bob was bored today,,,,I've never seen this much unread material in my life...but I guess I'll just let it go.

I am feeling very lazy today!!

you're not missing a whole lot.

cheers
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I've been super productive today. No emails in my inbox and down to 76 open issues to work on. Wooo Hoooo!
I've also spent a good deal of time on the internet and daydreaming. Tomorrow will only be worse.
I also keep forgetting what day it is.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Bethany wrote:I've been super productive today. No emails in my inbox and down to 76 open issues to work on. Wooo Hoooo!
I've also spent a good deal of time on the internet and daydreaming. Tomorrow will only be worse.
I also keep forgetting what day it is.
It's Wednesday....hence the thread title..... Laughing

Please someone send me a large dose of motivation.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Angie wrote:
It's Wednesday....hence the thread title..... Laughing

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how i missed tuesday... then i realized it was a joke and i need to go take a nap.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:55 am

Laughing
I did that just now when I read it Katy!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 am

I'm such a trickster.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 am

Well, Tuesday is proving to be a bad day. Already.

My car wouldn't start this morning. Errr.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 am

Maybe the cute guy rigged it so you would have to call him again Smile
I hope your car starts soon, or a hot boy shows up to help you with it.

Working today, then working out with FT and hopefully cleaning a little at home. I'm wearing a shirt I haven't been able to wear in like 2 or 3 years today, and I'm feeling really self conscious in it.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 am

Working the store today, a typical Tuesday.

There is a funk lurking in the background, I'm not sure why and what it's about, it's not strong, so maybe I can fight it off. It's Easter this weekend, I enjoy it too much to have a funk lingering in the background!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

I kept reading funk as Fudge. I wondered why you didn't just tell him to get out of the store. Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 pm

I didn't call the cute guy. Sad

I took my grandma's car and will deal with mine some other time. I was running late as it was, so I didn't have many options. Blargh!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm sorry, Mel. That's a super lousy start to a day.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Hey! Is there a word filter on here?! Hilarious! If we can pick them I think we should pick something ridiculous.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

yep, there is only one word filtered at the moment. We can add others if you'd like!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Fudge that.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm

so, anyway, I was just having one of those days today, where I really felt like I just wasn't going to make it through....oddly, it is like the process of birth, there is this point in labor where in your head, you know you have to do it...but you just really can't see a way and you just want to quit for the day. That was what I woke up feeling. Now I am on the other side of the day, and I didn't birth anything great, but I made it through a live, so no complaints.

I did weigh myself today and I truly am 10 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of the year, but I wish it was more than that....I am going to try to push myself to work harder on that, because I don't exercise enough.

Anywhose, I hope your car problems are not serious, Melissa.... and Pete I hope your funk backs off and Easter is a great season for you. I kind of let the lent thing go and I am not looking forward to Easter, I feel like I am going to hell in two different religions, maybe three.

Have I mentioned lately that this forum is truly my sanity's salvation some days...I love my family, but apart from them I really don't have many other people in my life, and you guys are the best!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 pm

It ended up just being my battery. My stepdad came and replaced it while I was at work, too. So I didn't actually have to deal with it at all. Amazing!!!!

Angie, I am sorry you are going through that kind of thing right now. As someone who is 10 lbs heavier than I was at the new year (or a little before that) though, I say that is something WONDERFUL to be encouraged by!!! You have been working hard toward that end--great job!!! I am gaining by the moment over here. No fun.

I kind of have been absent lately. Well, I read everything, but I haven't really been posting. At the beginning of Lent, I made a point to put aside time and space for God to fill in my life and he has been blowing me away with revelations of who He is and who I am in His sight. It is really hard to explain, but it has my time taken with reading and praying and seeking him in a variety of ways. He is so very merciful--I asked for him to show up, and he has...in ways I can't believe.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 am

wow, Melissa, that is awesome! I'm so glad that you are seeking and finding God! That is the most important thing that we can do in life.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 am

I can't even fully compehend what has been happening, but I started out seeking Intimacy with God and exploring what that means and why I feel it is lacking in my life. There are a lot of barriers, and I know that a main one is that I don't trust God to have my best interest at heart--I believe in him and know in my mind that he provides everything I have, but I fear and I doubt his loving provision for my future because I haven't received what I want. I trust that MY plans are the best for me. And when they don't happen, I feel God isn't loving or good.

So, tied to that is that my perception of God. And, it's warped. I think of him as a disciplinarian, always frustrated with me for not listening to him and doing my own thing. I feel the more I mess up, the more is taken away, and until I get my act together, I won't get any of it back.

These have been very humbling realizations. And, humbling in an amazing way that draws me INTO God, not pushes me away from him in fear. I am seeing that he has a bigger plan for all of humanity and he loves me too much to let me get my way--because my way will stand in the way of his way, and his way provides for everyone, not just me. His way is fueled by grace, mercy, goodness, and Love. Mine is fueled by pride, greed, and loneliness. So, his ways are higher than mine and I would rather receive more grace, mercy, and love than more pride, greed, and loneliness.

I am also getting a sense of God's goodness through this. He is kind of melting away that mean, disciplinarian image that I fear so much. A lot of the messages I am receiving right now from very different sources are about how GOOD God is. Intellectually, I am taking it in, but the knowledge is working on my heart--replacing the one of fearful stone with one of impressionable flesh. One of the sources I have been listening to says that how we perceive God has the biggest influence over our lives. It kind of sets the stage for everything else. I know I am human and fallable, but to the furthest extent of who I am, I want to believe and trust that God is good and that his intentions for me are good too.

In one of the most powerful moments of my life, Sunday night, I knelt down and surrendered all I have and all that I am to that trust: that God is good and will use the sacrifice of myself to show his goodness in this dark world. This is his story, and I am sick of trying to wrestle the pen out of his hand. And I am sick of wandering away like the Rich Young Ruler because he is asking of me more than I want to give. So, my hands are off, they are open. And I am offering the All of me, so there's nothing left in my hold--he can use as much of me as he wants.

And for the first time, I am getting a taste of what Intimacy with God is like. It's kind of like from far off, I can hear a song--with my heart not my ears--and the lyrics are, "God is good. He loves you. He wants to spend His time with you. He wants to know every aspect of you." The source of the music is drawing closer to me, so I can hear the message of the song more clearly. And my heart is receiving the message more and more.

Somewhere in scripture, I recently read something about the remnant of Israel returning to God and him showing them how much he loves them. The wording was something like, "and they will come tumbling out of their fortresses..." I think it was at the end of Ezekiel. Anyway, when I read that, I got a picture of myself--I want out of these fortresses I have built. I am surrendering. And I want to tumble into God's loving embrace. For the first time, I believe it is possible and I am startin' to roll!

Last edited by meether369 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:20 am

That's amazing Mel! Thanks for sharing! It's something I've been struggling with myself, the head knowledge of God's goodness and grace but the heart scars and scabs that tell me He isn't really and I'm just fooling myself to think that he is so gracious and abounding in love and forgiveness.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Wow, Mel. I loved your post but what the heck did you do? Read it. The same paragraphs repeat. Cut and paste issues? Hopefully, that's all it is. I'm not busting your ass, it's just weird that you didn't see that.

Great post though. You're not alone in how you've been feeling. Keep pursuing Him.

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' - Jeremiah 33:3 3
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Just made a work out mix for the gym tonight on my ipod. I might have to only do lower body today though, I can still barely lift my arms they hurt
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Bethany wrote:Just made a work out mix for the gym tonight on my ipod. I might have to only do lower body today though, I can still barely lift my arms they hurt

Work out mix? Does that have Chex and pretzels in it? Laughing
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:12 pm

yep! and vodka drinking
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down