Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday!

+4
Katykc
Bethany
Pete
meether369
8 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Wednesday! Empty Wednesday!

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:48 am

Wow, this is intense!!

I am excited to get to know a new system, but there is a reason I work with children with ASD...I am not kidding when I say this anxiety-producing! Not even the thought of changing or anything real like that, but the having to search to do things that came second nature before!! But, they say that kind of thing helps to grow brain cells and create new neurological pathways--maybe that is where the anxiety comes from--my brain is stretching!

So, today I only have 3 days of school left before Winter Break! Yay! But, we have a lot to wrap up before the end--literally, with finishing presents for family! We're making door decorations that say "Christmas Greetings from:" and then have a different ornament hanging off it for each family member. My mom was appalled that I am making something that says Christmas on it in a public school, but all my students celebrate it and one even said "December 25th is Jesus' birthday" yesterday. I think I am okay...

Wonderful Wednesday Wishes going out to all you DMFers!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Wednesday! Empty Re: Wednesday!

Post by Pete Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 am

Today I'm heading out to Indianapolis to hopefully pick up my next car. I've been awaiting this day for so long, I just hope it all works out and I can drive my newest car home. I'm ready to own a car again.

Other than that, I've been working through some serious spiritual issues that burst wide open this morning and it feels good, so good I can't exactly share my thoughts until this really settles in, then maybe I can really break in the spiritual discussion forum. Wink
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:25 am

I almost forgot to come over here this morning Embarassed
Working, trying to keep my head down and nose to the grindstone. There's a storm brewing in my department b/c one of our coworkers continuosly pushed work off on the rest of us and gets away with it.
The rest of us have decided we're over it and we're all complaining each time it happens. I'm hoping it doesn't back fired on us.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm

We had neighbor drama last night which means I didn't get to bed till almost 12... then the coyotes were out last night and howling and making a rucus from 2-4, so needless to say, I'm tired. But, it's secret santa week and it's fun... and I found out that a venti latte has the same amount as a grande, so I can have the bigger one Smile
I sent out three boxes yesterday. I didn't realize it would cost so much! But, jake asked me to make some necklaces for his nieces so I wanted to get those in the mail, I also needed to send something to a certain someone in SF. santa
So, we moved bunny back outside for last night since it's warming up outside and I have officiall reclaimed my bathroom. Also, the cleaning lady is coming today, and I wanted her to be able to get into the bathroom... cause I hate cleaning the tub. No
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Mad
I FLIPPIN HATE TODAY
HATE!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Bethany wrote:Mad
I FLIPPIN HATE TODAY
HATE!

But I love you I love you
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Getting some stuff done today, and hopefully by Saturday I will hav a clean house with a decorated tree, and maybe even a little shopping under my belt...who knows?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

I bought a car today.

And I love it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dmfharbor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:09 am

I got hit with a head cold last night. Sad
Stuffy and sore throat. But my co-worker that I've invited to church like 4 times is coming to Christmas Eve Eve service with me tonight!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:38 am

you have your Christmas Eve service the night before Christmas eve?

I am catching up today, shopping wrapping, cleaning and cooking. Hopefully I get enough done that tomorrow will be peaceful!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 am

Angie wrote:you have your Christmas Eve service the night before Christmas eve?

I am catching up today, shopping wrapping, cleaning and cooking. Hopefully I get enough done that tomorrow will be peaceful!

Yep. For the 5 years we've been a church! We're a young family church and a lot of our people travel to their parents homes for Christmas still. We also don't have church the Sunday after Christmas to give the staff and key volunteers a solid break and lots of time to enjoy the holiday
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:49 am

Bethany wrote:
Angie wrote:you have your Christmas Eve service the night before Christmas eve?

Yep. For the 5 years we've been a church! We're a young family church and a lot of our people travel to their parents homes for Christmas still. We also don't have church the Sunday after Christmas to give the staff and key volunteers a solid break and lots of time to enjoy the holiday

that is cool.

Christmas eve will be the first time I've been to church in weeks....I really should probably start going again....but I find I am turning into a Universalist, and there aren't many of those congregations around here.....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 am

Angie, are there typically whole congregations? I thought it was more just a belief that people hold to on there own. I didn't realize there was a denomination to go along with it...

My church has 24 Christmas Eve services at 4 different campuses which all began last night. It's intense!

Today, I am going to wrap gifts, get some work done, and have dinner with my closest friends from high school which will include a gift exchange. Aside from church last night, it is the first Christmasy event of my season!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 am

meether369 wrote:Angie, are there typically whole congregations? I thought it was more just a belief that people hold to on there own. I didn't realize there was a denomination to go along with it...

My church has 24 Christmas Eve services at 4 different campuses which all began last night. It's intense!

Today, I am going to wrap gifts, get some work done, and have dinner with my closest friends from high school which will include a gift exchange. Aside from church last night, it is the first Christmasy event of my season!

I had help wrapping all my gifts last night from my friend Lisa! I'm so excited that she came by on her way through Cincinnati!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 am

we do have one Unitarian Universalist Church around here...I don't know how wide spread they are.

Work is progressing well, I just stopped for a lunch break, because I didn't eat breakfast....time to get back to it....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:27 am

meether369 wrote:Angie, are there typically whole congregations? I thought it was more just a belief that people hold to on there own. I didn't realize there was a denomination to go along with it...

There is a church in Salem... there might be one here in pdx, but I'm not sure... it is however a bit of a drive for Angie.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:33 am

Hmm, I was under the impression that Unitarians don't really subscribe to Christianity...maybe I am wrong.

We have a couple Unitarian churches in our area, but I thought you meant a Christian church that believes everyone goes to heaven.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I have just looked through 100 pages of my posts over at DMF and only find myself in June 2009! It's crazy!!

But, I have snagged a number of great conversations. 132 pages worth, actually!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 pm

meether369 wrote:I have just looked through 100 pages of my posts over at DMF and only find myself in June 2009! It's crazy!!

oh no! I forgot to do taht!

btw-i tried to send you message on the bb messenger and it says your phone is unresponsive... or something liek that
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:I have just looked through 100 pages of my posts over at DMF and only find myself in June 2009! It's crazy!!

btw-i tried to send you message on the bb messenger and it says your phone is unresponsive... or something liek that

BB Server was down yesterday, did you send it then? Or today? If today, yikes a mighty!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm so hungry and my food that was scheduled to be picked up at 1155 is still not here.
WTF people?
I'm a little concerned that something went terribly terribly wrong at Chipotle!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm

meether369 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

BB Server was down yesterday, did you send it then? Or today? If today, yikes a mighty!

Oh gosh! Even though that's annoying that makes me feel so much better about not being able to get my phone to work last night!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Only 4 more gifts to wrap! Yippee!

And then bows... BOOO...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:27 pm

meether369 wrote:Only 4 more gifts to wrap! Yippee!

And then bows... BOOO...

My mom went and bought a bag of bows at the dollar tree... but i already has all my gifts wrapped... so boo
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm

I am so tired of blowing my nose. If I didn't have a crap ton of money to turn in tonight I would probably just skip church all together, but now that I think about it I could always just stop by on my way home and drop off the money.....

Decisions decisions
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next