Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad news today

4 posters

Go down

Sad news today Empty Sad news today

Post by JamesWilliams Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:07 pm

The first forum I ever was part of, and the only one besides this one that I am currently a part of, is the Third Day site. I don't participate much in the talk about the band itself, but the theology board and the Current events board are pretty happenin', to borrow an 80's phrase.

One of the long-time members is Jason Mitchener, a guy about 40 who has been confined to a wheelchair for some time. He could actually walk and talk as a kid, but his genetic condition got worse as time went on, and he spent the last several years in a nursing home. Everybody liked him and was inspired by him.

Occasionally, he'd disappear from the baords for a while, and we'd find out he was very sick. The latest disappearance had to do with, I think, pnuemonia. Of course, lots of people were praying. Today, we found out that he passed away. Good news for him, in many ways, as he is free to breathe without a tube, and free to run and jump into the arms of Jesus, and to see his dad again. But it's sad news for the rest of us.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Sad news today Empty Re: Sad news today

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm sorry J W, that is hard news.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 pm

That is really hard, and we truly can understand how you feel, because we have been there.

People who are not a part of a true online community may not understand, but the people that you speak with truly become part of you, and inspire you. It is so much like family.

My prayers are with the members of that community today.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah, that is really hard. But, I think you're image of him in heaven is beautiful!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down