Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the most important issues of Faith today

2 posters

Go down

Whats the most important issues of Faith today Empty Whats the most important issues of Faith today

Post by JasonM Mon May 31, 2010 8:43 am

After going through the memoiral service yesterday with all that came with it, (another time). I was wondering what you thought were the top issues of faith in the Church today.

1st Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Its easy to say that nobody is doing anything. But I do think a lot of Christians ride the bench. I've done it plenty. I think its for somebody else to witness, or sing, or preach, or teach. I have someting else to do. So I think one of the biggest issues of faith today is the lack of action of Believers. Here and i'm sure in other places, but really here we have a christian culture. If you took a survey I bet 80 percent of the people you came in contact with would call themselves Christians. Likely if you took the same survery of those people 20 percent would say they were actively involved in a church today. So on one had we have a large profession of faith but on the other a lacking action of faith. Even in the church today. There are people that I see sunday morning and thats it. For some reason. Few do much and many to little. And that backwards. Thats how it is in my church and commmunity.

I don't know if we need revival or a stern kick in the pants. Probably the latter.

What do you think

JMC
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Whats the most important issues of Faith today Empty Re: Whats the most important issues of Faith today

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:39 pm

In ALL things, the 80/20 rule exists, including the Church.
20% of the people do 80% of the work.
My feeling is that it's really more like 90/10.

The bottom line when it comes to church is, 'Don't worry about it'.

I get your point, but keep in mind that many who 'do good deads' are doing them for themselves - in public (so as to get credit) to show what good Christians they are (to those to whom it shouldn't matter)- as the Pharisses did.

None of us know what others motives may be. None of us know what someone may be doing in their life NOT looking to make a public display of it, but to quietly serve God.

Careful, bro. The one you think is doing nothing, may just be the one who is serving quietly.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down