Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday!!!!

+4
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Katykc
Bethany
meether369
8 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Friday!!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Friday!!!!

Post by Angie Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:48 am

I just told Nate last night, that if religion has it right I am pretty sure I will be in hell..... but if God is endless grace and mercy, then I just might be okay.

I think the struggle you are in is a very difficult one, but I think we all share it....and people who don't share it, and are so sure of things, those are the people who should maybe think twice.

I don't know, but you aren't alone....I know that!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks, Angie. Yeah, it's one of those things if you try to think too hard about it alludes you--have you ever been in the dark and tried to look at something straight on and haven't been able to see it? But, if you look at it in your periphery, you can see it. It's really a strange experience. There are certain topics of faith that remind me of that. If you try to look at it straight on, using the powers of reason and mind over matter that you're so used to relying upon to figure things out, the true nature of the issue is muddled and confusing. But, if you just live things out, go about life without the intent of figuring it out, you see it the issues more clearly. They make sense, though you can't necessarily say why or how. Instead of going about 'learning' and 'acquiring' in an orderly, educated fashion, you stumble through and feel lost and disconnected only to find that you've learned or acquired really valuable information.

It's really an odd experience...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 am

Working working working. Then going to dinner and a movie with a co-worker.
Going to see Cyrus, which I'm super stoked about
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

It's only 10:21. Gosh, today is going slow. I am working in the office all day then having Ladie's Night with some friends from church. Should be a nice time.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am

What are you guys doing Mel?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am

meether369 wrote:Thanks, Angie. Yeah, it's one of those things if you try to think too hard about it alludes you--have you ever been in the dark and tried to look at something straight on and haven't been able to see it? But, if you look at it in your periphery, you can see it. It's really a strange experience. There are certain topics of faith that remind me of that. If you try to look at it straight on, using the powers of reason and mind over matter that you're so used to relying upon to figure things out, the true nature of the issue is muddled and confusing. But, if you just live things out, go about life without the intent of figuring it out, you see it the issues more clearly. They make sense, though you can't necessarily say why or how. Instead of going about 'learning' and 'acquiring' in an orderly, educated fashion, you stumble through and feel lost and disconnected only to find that you've learned or acquired really valuable information.

I know this is from a week ago, but having just gotten around to reading it I wanted to say that I can totally relate. In fact, I was reading through an essay on the importance of maintaining our spiritual innocence yesterday that completely struck home for me and I think might apply to what you're talking about here. Here's the article (by Christian Wiman):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(It's so good, I might just go ahead and post it in the spiritual discussions section as well.)
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

dave wrote:
meether369 wrote:Thanks, Angie. Yeah, it's one of those things if you try to think too hard about it alludes you--have you ever been in the dark and tried to look at something straight on and haven't been able to see it? But, if you look at it in your periphery, you can see it. It's really a strange experience. There are certain topics of faith that remind me of that. If you try to look at it straight on, using the powers of reason and mind over matter that you're so used to relying upon to figure things out, the true nature of the issue is muddled and confusing. But, if you just live things out, go about life without the intent of figuring it out, you see it the issues more clearly. They make sense, though you can't necessarily say why or how. Instead of going about 'learning' and 'acquiring' in an orderly, educated fashion, you stumble through and feel lost and disconnected only to find that you've learned or acquired really valuable information.

I know this is from a week ago, but having just gotten around to reading it I wanted to say that I can totally relate. In fact, I was reading through an essay on the importance of maintaining our spiritual innocence yesterday that completely struck home for me and I think might apply to what you're talking about here. Here's the article (by Christian Wiman):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(It's so good, I might just go ahead and post it in the spiritual discussions section as well.)

Cool, dave. I have been meaning to read through the article(s) you have posted by him and haven't gotten around to it yet. I will look into them probably this weekend! Sounds like it is right up my alley!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

Bethany wrote:What are you guys doing Mel?

I don't know!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 pm

So, I moved from one house to another last night. This time I have two dogs and a cat. I couldn't get the little dog to go potty this morning, and the neighbor that will be walking them in the afternoons won't be able to today... so she's going to have a very long day stuck in her kennel. The good news is, my mom has to drive right by me when she goes to work, so she picks me up and drops me off at the train.
So, apparently, Panera sent me a $2 gift card in the mail. I'm not sure why, but I'm saving it for a rainy day... or a for sometime next week when I'm out of money and I need coffee.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 am

Friday!
The first day all week I get to go right home after work!
Working, then doing laundry and starting to clean the house from stem to stern in preperation for the influx of Mohrings that will happen next week.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 am

I am meeting up with a trainer in 45 minutes. And then I am going to a huge Art Fair in Ann Arbor. It's like the biggest one in the country or something like that. Should be a nice day, although the weather seems to be fickle. Other than that, no plans!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:23 am

Good luck with the trainer, it's not as terrifying as it seems like it would be.
Just remember, the trainer should push you outside (way outside) your comfort zone but they shouldn't be abusive or cruel.

This is advice I could have used 7 years ago when a trainer told me I was so fat he was surprised I didn't just fall over dead.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 am

Yikes! Umm, I don't think this guy is capable of that kind of cruelty. He seems kind of mellow.

I just don't want the 'data'--I think he is going to do a body composition assessment and I really don't want numbers to go along with my knowledge of how out of shape I am. I think that might be discouraging to me. But, maybe I am just making a bigger deal out of it than I need to.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 am

Well I felt the same way when I started up again last year, but honestly it was really helpful for me.
I found out that even through I drank what felt like a TON of water my body was still very dehydrated because of the way my cells retain water. So I upped my water intake and almost completely cut out soda (I have to get on that band wagon again) and the difference was immediate and pretty cool.

So try not to think of it as bad news or discouraging but think of it as information to help you get healthier. Sort of like when parents hear about their kid being on the autism spectrum it can be a lot and really overwhelming the information you hear about how their life might be and different things you have to do but it can also be empowering knowing that you have all this data to use and see how you can help the kid lead a full life (rocky analogy but I thought with your teaching it might help)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:00 am

meether369 wrote:I am going to a huge Art Fair in Ann Arbor. It's like the biggest one in the country or something like that.

Megan and I might try to take a trip to Ann Arbor in February. My hero/friend/mentor Bunky Green is performing there, and Megan's sister lives there, so it would be a nice way to see them both (and maybe some local DMF'ers that are in the area Smile )
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 am

dave wrote:
meether369 wrote:I am going to a huge Art Fair in Ann Arbor. It's like the biggest one in the country or something like that.

Megan and I might try to take a trip to Ann Arbor in February. My hero/friend/mentor Bunky Green is performing there, and Megan's sister lives there, so it would be a nice way to see them both (and maybe some local DMF'ers that are in the area Smile )

Ummm... I don't live in that area... I live in THIS area... you should visit here. We have coffee... and beer.... and lots of used books.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 am

TGIF
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

So, I almost puked. Got real dizzy and faint and almost puked. A lovely blood sugar episode for all of the gym to see. And in my resulting stupor, I signed up for a year of PT! What?! I am crazy.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 am

That happened to me sometimes too. I really had to be careful about what and how much (it was often not enough as opposed to to much) I ate before working out.

I'm excited for you Mel, the year I had with FT was a lot of work but it taught me a lot. Not to mention the emotional and mental aspects of it were crazy but very good/cathartic.

WTF Mel! I'm so proud of you!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:47 am

Bethany wrote:
WTF Mel! I'm so proud of you!

Umm... did you really mean WTF, or did you mean WTG... cause that just sounded odd in my head.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Laughing

No, I totally meant what the fucksicles Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Katykc wrote:
dave wrote:

Ummm... I don't live in that area... I live in THIS area... you should visit here. We have coffee... and beer.... and lots of used books.

Unfortunately I like tea....and wine....and lots of new books. Wink
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

dave wrote:
Katykc wrote:
dave wrote:

Unfortunately I like tea....and wine....and lots of new books. Wink

We have tea... and lots of wint... and, I mean.. we have Powell's!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Bethany wrote:Laughing

No, I totally meant what the fucksicles Rolling Eyes Embarassed

oh.... well, it sounds weird to say that to her cause I always associate that phrase with something bad.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah,....no you were right Laughing
I was just trying to cover
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next