Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year's Friday!

4 posters

Go down

Happy New Year's Friday! Empty Happy New Year's Friday!

Post by Pete Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:28 am

Obviously everyone is off to a slow start this morning. Laughing

I'm enjoying some coffee then going to spend the day with some friends away from my house.....all day. It should be nice. Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year's Friday! Empty Re: Happy New Year's Friday!

Post by meether369 Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 am

I had an adventure last night! Goodness!

My new car doesn't have a gas light, so when I am getting low on gas, it doesn't let me know other than with the gas gauge. I am so used to a light turning on, that it is really hard to re-train myself to watch the fuel gauge.

So, yesterday, I had noticed I was getting low on gas, but didn't do anything about it as I headed to my friend's house for the evening. We had a lot of fun playing games and watching MTV's lame coverage. We all left around 2AM. On the way home, my friend texted me to tell me I had left my purse at her house. Uh oh!!! I got all nervous because I know the police are out in force on NYE and I didn't want to do anything stupid and get pulled over.

A half a mile from my house, my car started to act a bit weird. And then I remembered the low fuel gauge. I was praying to get home, because I didn't have my purse with me, so I didn't have any money either. Well, it finally gave out in the middle of the road.

Luckily, though, this has happened to me before, so I had a gas can in the trunk. AND, I was right in front of the only open gas station for a mile or so!! So, I ran over there and asked if the guy would lend me enough gas to get home where I had money, and he did! So, at 2:45, I was gassing up my car, coming home to get money, and going back to the gas station to fill up and pay for what the guy had so nicely lent me. Wild!!!

It is 10:45, and I still have not gotten out of bed, but I plan on doing some work for work, and then relaxing most of the day. Oh, and I have to go get my purse... ugh.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope we can all find new and amazing insight and awareness of the blessings of God in this upcoming year. Smile
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:03 am

Mel I'm so glad everything worked out!! Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:25 am

I was up most of the night hacking and coughing. The vaporizer set off the smoke alarm, so when I turned off the vaporizer the smoke alarm kept going off every 15 or 20 minutes. I finally stood up on my bed (and almost fell off) and took out the damn battery.

I just couldn't stop coughing. We had gone out to a bar to hear friends play in a band and I had to yell a lot and I was screaming for the band so my throat was so damaged which made me cough, then I was sick so I coughed more. It was a long freakin night. I finally fell asleep for a few hours around 4 and woke up again hacking at 7. I finally remembered I had some Robitussin in my cabinet and guzzled some then realized it expired in July. But almost pharmacist Nicole said it just lowers the effectiveness of the syrup it won't hurt me at all.

I moved to the sofa to try to sleep half sitting up and finally got a few more hours of sleep. Ugh, I am so over this cough.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 am

Oh, and today Nicole and I are going to see either Invictus of Blindside and just chilax. We'll probably eat at either Acapulco (since we didn't get to go last night) or Red Robin.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm

I vote for Red Robin.... cause you know, my vote always counts.

Scrapbooking today.

Happy New Year.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Oh.....we're getting red robin...just tomorrow
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down