Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday!!!

+5
JamesWilliams
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
9 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Monday!!! - Page 15 Empty Re: Monday!!!

Post by Pete Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm

nope, if I had to do that, I wouldn't have ever made prettles. He knows how to do that already anyway.

It's still rather awkward being in there, but I think after today I don't need to be in there anymore. He asked when he could move into the office now that I'm out of it, and I'm HIGHLY uncomfortable with that since there is only a flimsy plastic folding door between my personal kitchen and that office.

Stumbling out and making my morning coffee is not a pretty sight, and dealing with people first thing in the morning is not a good thing for me. While there is that plastic door in between, it constantly comes open and interaction would be required.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Kinda in a funk--probably vacation fallout. I really should read and renew, but instead I am at the mall eating cheap chinese food and deciding on a movie to see. Fun times.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:41 pm

oh yes, the back from vacation funk. It's never fun. The cheap chineese and a movie is probably the best way to deal with the transition. It sounds like something I should be doing and I'm not getting back from vacation. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 am

It's Monday, due the extra hours I worked this past week I only have to work 4 hours today so I don't have to go to work until 7pm tonight. I had yesterday off, and tomorrow and Wed. off too. So in 4 days I only have to work 4 hours! Yippee!!!

Oh....and 23 days and counting......just sayin.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi hug
I missed you guys, even though Katy was giving me a commentary of Bob's antics all week Smile

The trip was a lot of fun. Thankfully the blood clot didn't burst and eventually dissipated. Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm

I woke up yesterday with a soar throat and extra phlegm. Kinda convinced myself it was allergies. Woke up this morning with my throat swollen shut and w super stuffy nose and the return of the cough from hell.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah Bethany has returned!! party

Booo that she left Katy with the plague. Crying or Very sad

Feel better soon Katy!!!! sad hug
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Katy! I'm sorry it was a cold and not allergies Sad
At least it's not a blood clot in your brain!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am

I woke up yesterday with a soar throat and extra phlegm.

Is there a 'phlegm quota'?
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:
I woke up yesterday with a soar throat and extra phlegm.

Is there a 'phlegm quota'?

yes... and i've been over it within an hour the last 3 mornings.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:50 am

It's Monday and I woke up in my own bed knowing I was going to be sleeping there again tonight! That makes me so happy, and my cats too!

Working, then babysitting Matthew. At some point I have to stop procrastinating and take care of my yard/jungle. Probably tomorrow blargh
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 am

It's Monday and I woke up to get my dog from the emergency vet, which cost me $1,000 that I don't have...and overdrew my bank account, which will probably cost me another thousand in fees. But what can I do? I couldn't just watch him suffer.

I really wish I had never gotten pets, what a foolish thing to do when you have a family that you can't truly afford.

So, aside from that, everything is just peachy. I'm just waiting to see how God will show me His love today.....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 am

Oh Angie Sad

My friend suggested, in the future, to check with local no kill shelters for recommendations to local vets that would be helpful in regards to costs.

What ended up being wrong with the pup?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am

we still aren't positive, he is staying at the vet.... best case is pancreatitus....worst case would be something like cancer. If it is cancer, we will just put him down.... but I had to call my mom to ask for help and she thinks we should just put him down and not get a diagnosis....and since I am asking her for money, I'm not sure what to do.....I do not really believe in putting a dog down for no good reason, and he is the best dog you could imagine.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 am

Yeah, I agree with you Angie. You know, one of the things I struggle with the most with accepting monetary help from other people is the idea that I have to do what they want me to do and how.
I brought this up to my dad once when he was offering to pay for something around my house and he was all, "You can just say no to doing it like that and I'll still help you"
I still forget, but I bet your mom would be ok with waiting for a diagnosis at least for now.

Also, once you get the diagnosis I would check with the shelters (or check now so you can have the info ready) about a vet that might be able to take care of the resolution for less than the emergency vet.
I found out the hard way that emergency services are much much much more expensive than regular services (dental especially)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 am

Gosh, that is really hard Angie. I am sorry you guys are going through all of that. None of it sounds easy.

I am working for my old boss this week when I am not at school--in an office, at a desk, doing not much of anything. Gosh, is this hard!!!

It's kind of nice, though, because I am at a desk with a computer that doesn't have FB access, so in down times (like the last 2 hours) I can do my own work (like plan a poetry unit for next year). And get paid to do it!! Even better!

Other than that, I don't have much going on today or this week.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 am

I'm off today, I have things I should be figuring out, phone calls I should make, but a phone call from work this morning used up the last of my minutes. I figured out of my 200 minutes I used this month half of those were used on work. I'm so frustrated about the whole thing. I'm the lowest paid manager and yet they call me the most. Mad

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm going to to do today. The problem with having days off during the week is that everyone I know is at work.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am

Have you thought about not answering the phone?

Also, 16 days
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 am

yeah, if I don't answer, they just keep calling. I didn't answer once and they continued to call every 5 minutes over the next hour. That time it was to ask me what was wrong with the printer......I had been off for two days at that point, so how would I know?

I'm so ready for these last 16 days to go fast, I'm so ready to move!!! Smile
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am

I'm just stubborn enough to not answer them no matter how much they call Twisted Evil
Once I ignored drunk Dan for 4 hours then through the night (I actually just ended up turning my ringer off at that point, but the voicemails were ridiculous)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

Angie-I know at this point it won't help much, but have you looked into pet health care? I don't actually know how much it costs, but I know it has saved us thousands of dollars with Bart (he seems to be a very accident prone dog). I'm sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to watch something we love go through pain.

Anyway, I still have a ridiculous cough. I started house sitting last night and I will be at this house till Thursday evening and then Thursday evening I start doggy sitting somewhere else for 11 days.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

I think I need to get into this dog sitting/house sitting trend. hmmmm.....
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 am

Pete wrote:I think I need to get into this dog sitting/house sitting trend. hmmmm.....

Get it out of your system now. I don't see Bethany sharing with you once you move to Cincy.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 am

To be completely honest... I don't love doing it... but the extra money helps. I'm most comfortable when I'm kitty sitting for my friend Wendy... but I think it's cause I spend time there with her too, so I'm more comfortable with my surroundings... and there is a Sonic down the street. But I have a hard time sleeping somewhere other than my bed... so at the end of the two weeks, I'll be exhausted.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, I love the extra money, but it's rough being away from home so long. With vacation and dog sitting I haven't slept more than 2 consecutive nights in my house since June 17th.
I've actually hiked my rates for new customers because it has to be more worth my while to be motivated to do it, but people keep paying so I keep taking the jobs!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum