Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday!

+5
Pete
JamesWilliams
Angie
meether369
Bethany
9 posters

Page 23 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tuesday! - Page 23 Empty Re: Tuesday!

Post by Angie Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm

You hear about free care, but honestly....there isn't a lot of good free care, I don't think. People never believe me that we can't get help with dental stuff with as many kids as we have, but we can't....I owe more to the dentist than all my credit cards put together.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Dental is different.

When Erinn was in the hospital, there was a kid on her floor with the same type of leukemia as she had.

He got the same care as Erinn did and even had a bone marrow transplant which, at that time, was about $250,000.

His mother (a single mom) had no insurance. I'm sure his bills were well over $1,000,000.00 because Erinn's were that high without the transplant.

The hospital wasn't going to say, "Your son has to die because you have no insurance."

Every hospital here has something posted in their lobbies regarding providing services regardless of your ability to pay. I'm not sure exactly what it says because, thank God, I never needed to read it all the way through.

Anyway, for what it's worth.....
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I think it also depends on the state maybe? There is a free dental clinic here... but the work is horrible, my coworker had work done and both times had to go the regular dentist.
One of the major medical groups here has a few different clinics where they have free care, but usually a first come first serve basis, and I just don't have the time to miss work and sit all day.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 pm

that's what I mean Katy, there is free stuff, but it is sub par....as I'm sure most people think it should be....and that is okay....but honestly Bob, most of the doctors around here have signs that tell you if you don't have insurance that payment is expected at time of service. I know my doctor does, and so does my kids pediatrician.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:37 pm

I know there is free care somewhere in the state of Ohio, but typically not for single people.

It's tough out there Katy. I know what that feeling is like. sad hug There are no easy answers in this situation.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

When I started going to my counselor, I felt the need was too great to NOT go. I felt I was going to fall apart. She does not take insurance, so I pay up front for it and it is fairly expensive. I was going more, but had to cut back when money got tight. But, for me, it was so important that I made cuts in other areas of my life to make it possible.
Now, it has moved into more of a mentoring role and I will be ending soon, but the full counseling I received lasted for 6-12 months. In light of the issues I was having, that is not a very long time to get to a "normal" functioning ability again.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 am

Beth Israel-Deaconess and Mass General in Boston, 2 of the best hospitals anywhere, both have free care and also have programs where you can budget payments for treatment at reduced rates.

Maybe you should move to Boston, Katy. Then you could hide in the bushed outside MY window. Then you'd REALLY need counseling!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:Beth Israel-Deaconess and Mass General in Boston, 2 of the best hospitals anywhere, both have free care and also have programs where you can budget payments for treatment at reduced rates.

Maybe you should move to Boston, Katy. Then you could hide in the bushed outside MY window. Then you'd REALLY need counseling!

Yeah, I'm not sure there is enough couseling in the world that would be enough for that. Wink
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

Katykc wrote:
TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:Beth Israel-Deaconess and Mass General in Boston, 2 of the best hospitals anywhere, both have free care and also have programs where you can budget payments for treatment at reduced rates.

Maybe you should move to Boston, Katy. Then you could hide in the bushes outside MY window. Then you'd REALLY need counseling!

Yeah, I'm not sure there is enough couseling in the world that would be enough for that. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:47 am

Friday- Sunday I worked my tail off outside getting my house from condemned Boo Radley levels of overgrown and scary to decent with some degree of curb appeal. I had my annual fireworks party on Sunday. But, instead of 20-30 ppl coming like in the past, only 5-10 came. :( everyone was already busy, I guess. But, at least I got the yardwork done now and won't have much to do for the rest of the summer.

Every spare minute over the last couple days, or like all of yesterday, I have been watching the show, Weeds, on netflix. Addicted for sure--to the program, not to weed. It can be raunchy and vulgar, but it is really well written and the characters are interesting. I was never a fan of Kevin Nealon, but he is hilarious on this show!

Heading down to work for our first day with students. Should be interesting.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am

Aidan is 10 today, it is also Jay's little girls' birthday. So, let the festivities commence! Smile

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:14 am

Happy Birthday Aidan and Lizbet!
Today is the first day of my new job, which means I'll get no new issues since we haven't sold anything yet so there can't be customer service issues. Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 am

TB - you look maaahvelous!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:32 am

Kiss
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 am

Is it Friday yet?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 am

I wish!
We leave for 2 weeks in Maine on Saturday.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 am

Just realizing ercnon never said goodbye. Jerk!

Anyway, I work summer school and the office today. Sad BUT, BUT, BUT!!! Inbetween, I am going to try and spy Gerard Butler, who is filming a movie here in Detroit currently!!! Can't wait!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 am

I'm on my way to work....hectic day today!!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 am

Working working working. I couldn't sleep last night so I'm really sleepy today. I have to get at least some of my yard cut today, it's so embarrassing the way it looks right now
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 am

Oh, I hate when it gets like that. Luckily, we haven't had rain in a couple weeks, so all that work I did has held--although everything is barely living right now! But, I would rather that than a jungle. I just look like I am cheap and don't want to waste money on water, not lazy!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm really done with being sick.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 am

Tuesday. Working on a dreary overcast day and then going to meet with a counselor. There's a free womans counseling center that a friend recommended to me. I'm going to go and talk to someone to see if I can set down this baggage for good.
I'm ridiculously nervous, I feel like I'm going to go and be all, "I'm good!" because of how much pressure I put on myself to always seem like I'm ok and all put together....so there's that

Then meeting Sharen and the kids for a late dinner at Chipotle. We have a buy 1 get 1 coupon
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 am

It's okay to be 'not' okay, TB.
Be honest or it's just a waste of your time going to counseling.

Kiss
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:20 am

Mid summer slump....year round school always looks good about now. Lots of whining and arguing, and the way the basement smells from the constant bunch of kids sitting in it like lumps of black mold just make you long for happy school days!

So, tonight I am supposed to go have dinner with some girlfriends....that should be fun. Today, I would like to do anything other than the things I should be doing.

I guess I have been feeling like I am fighting a lot of losing battles lately....but oh, well.....

Life marches on! Have a good Tuesday!!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:31 am

I don't know how she does it, but somehow, the little dog I'm watching has figured out how to open the bedroom door. Last night, she ate one of the insoles to my new shoes... that I've had less than a month... and even if I could afford to replace it, I can't until they start selling them again next summer... IF they sell them again next summer. Then this morning, I took her out for a half our to do her business. She didn't do anything... and I had to get to in the shower... so, while I was in the shower she tried to chew her way into my duffel bag where the remaining part of my shoes were... and then she peed on the bed. I'm thinking this totally isn't worth the $15 dollars a day I'm getting paid. I also have a job with these people next month, but I think I'm going to have to break up with them. The older dog is the sweetest thing in the world... but the little one is a year and half and untrained and the cat is just freaking neurotic. I just have to figure out how to do it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum