Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday!

+5
Pete
JamesWilliams
Angie
meether369
Bethany
9 posters

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Tuesday! - Page 24 Empty Re: Tuesday!

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Tell them you will do it for $25/day or not at all and lock your stuff in the bathroom when you're there. Maybe?
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:51 pm

yeah, the bathroom door doesn't close right either. The house is over 100 years old, and things just don't work right... and honestly, I don't even think $25 is worth it.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:31 am

So, I watched Pride and Prejudice this weekend on the Style network (i have no idea why they were playing it)... the one with Keira Knightly... anyway, I've decided I really want to be a situation where I can use the term "inferior breeding."

Happy Tuesday.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 am

That does sounds fun!

I'm working today, then dinner with Sharen and the family (apparently we're having steaks and the girls are making me a cake)
I was going to see a movie but no one wanted to see it with me, which normally isn't a problem but it's kind of suspensefull so I didn't want to see it alone at night and then go home to an empty house. I might make Pete see it with me Laughing

So I'll go home and clean instead. My kitchen and two upstairs baths are just horribly dirty and well, I'll have a lot of people in the next few weeks so I have to do it tonight!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 pm

So, I want to get an external keyboard for my ipad... but I'm not sure whether to go with apple, or to get a less expensive non apple one...
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:33 pm

If it's going to be just as compatible I would go with the less expensive. But then again, what's the price points of each?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Bethany wrote:If it's going to be just as compatible I would go with the less expensive. But then again, what's the price points of each?

well, apple is about $69... but it comes with a doc that also acts as a charger and has a place where you can use a cable to run it through a stereo if you wanted. The other ones are wireless blue tooth keyboards that range from $30-$70.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Well I guess if you're going to use it with a stereo then it would be good but if you find one you're comfortable with for less expensive I would go with that one Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:53 pm

i just don't want to sacrifice functionality for the price...but I'm leaning towards to a non apple.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 am

well, today's goal is to remove clutter from surfaces in the living room, and perhaps to mop the floors, while doing laundry and trying to clean the basement a little. I also would like the kids to get a move on their rooms....summer, she's fading fast!
I think that I am going to have a couple of friends over tonight. And that's about it.

Bethany, reading through the above posts made me wonder, how was that free counseling center you went to a few weeks ago? Did you find it helpful? Are you going back?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 am

I did, and I'm going back tonight actually.
She was really nice and helped me talk through some things. So we're gonig to meet every week or so and just work on a plan of action.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 am

Cool! It is so good to have someone to talk to and just to help work through things.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

Angie wrote:Cool! It is so good to have someone to talk to and just to help work through things.

That is cool. I started seeing a counselor as well. Last night was my 2nd session. I'm already finding it helpful.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah, she's also giving me homework, which I'm failing miserably at Laughing

I have to write down the deepest desires of my heart and then pray through them and ask God to show me if they are the same as His or if not for Him to remove them from my heart.
I....couldn't think of anything I couldn't talk myself out of wanting Laughing
I'm thinking that that is pretty revealing about the value I place on my desires and wants for my own life in comparision to what I think other people want for me or what I want to want in order to please/impress others.

:sigh: effing therapy Laughing

Dave, I'm so glad you're finding it helpful already
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I really want a donut.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

I really want to go invite the guy working in the next door neighbors yard over for a beer.....he looks so hot over there. Wink

NTTAWWT
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Which neighbor?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Pete wrote:I really want to go invite the guy working in the next door neighbors yard over for a beer.....he looks so hot over there. Wink

NTTAWWT

Laughing
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Well my appointment was cancelled tonight, but the good news is free dinner on my mom who is still in town! (Pete, she said you're coming too if you like it or not Laughing)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Bethany wrote:Which neighbor?

The one right next to you, up the hill. I don't think it was the neighbor himself but either hired hands or his kid or something.

all I know is....:drool:
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Pete wrote:

The one right next to you, up the hill. I don't think it was the neighbor himself but either hired hands or his kid or something.

all I know is....:drool:

Down big fella!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Bethany wrote:Yeah, she's also giving me homework, which I'm failing miserably at :lol:

I have to write down the deepest desires of my heart and then pray through them and ask God to show me if they are the same as His or if not for Him to remove them from my heart.
I....couldn't think of anything I couldn't talk myself out of wanting :lol:
I'm thinking that that is pretty revealing about the value I place on my desires and wants for my own life in comparision to what I think other people want for me or what I want to want in order to please/impress others.

:sigh: effing therapy :lol:

I have been doing some of my own introspection on that topic and am nowhere near identifying the deepest longings of my heart. I feel those are things God knows about each of us, but that it is not so easy to identify in ourselves. So many times, such longings motivate my actions, but the actions don't necessarily point back directly to the longing. So it is hard to pinpoint because all I have to analyze is the action.

I have been praying for God to reveal the actual longings to me, so that I might truly understand what God has given to me (for Scripture says he will give us the desires of our heart) and then also for healthy ways to express and seek to fulfill those desires in the ways he would have me.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:
Pete wrote:

all I know is....🤤

Down big fella!

Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 am

meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:Yeah, she's also giving me homework, which I'm failing miserably at Laughing

I....couldn't think of anything I couldn't talk myself out of wanting Laughing

:sigh: effing therapy Laughing

I have been doing some of my own introspection on that topic and am nowhere near identifying the deepest longings of my heart. I feel those are things God knows about each of us, but that it is not so easy to identify in ourselves. So many times, such longings motivate my actions, but the actions don't necessarily point back directly to the longing. So it is hard to pinpoint because all I have to analyze is the action.

I have been praying for God to reveal the actual longings to me, so that I might truly understand what God has given to me (for Scripture says he will give us the desires of our heart) and then also for healthy ways to express and seek to fulfill those desires in the ways he would have me.
I know what you mean, Melissa....I will think that I know what I truly want, but when I really think about it....I see that I have it wrong.

When I am somewhere that invokes emotion in me for whatever reason, that is when I am closest to the longing of my heart....but I can't figure it out...what it is, why it is there. And it might not make sense at all to say that, but there are places where I just feel like heaven and earth are coming together....and it isn't always because they are beautiful places....sometimes they are places that remind me of childhood, or my dad, or cause a variety of other emotions.....and it is at those times that I feel the closest to finding out what it is I truly desire.

I think I'm talking jibberish.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:16 am

I don't think that's jibberish Ang. Sometimes I need an emotional kick in the pants to figure out what it is that I want or even sometimes what I feel.
So often I am so afraid of feeling something I resort to this irrational rage feeling because that's safe and I feel like I can defend myself if need be if I keep the rage just below the surface.
But really GOD is my defender and my protector and I'm not trusting him in a sense to reveal himself to me if I just keep crawling back into the familiar arms of anger.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum