Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday!!

+5
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
Angie
9 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Thursday!! Empty Thursday!!

Post by Angie Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:17 am

Wow, starting a thread that hasn't been started before is kind of a good feeling!

So, I am still working on the kitchen, I tore apart some of the cupboards and drawers because we have mice and I had to get it cleaned up. I was overwhelmed at first, but I am so glad to be getting it done. I have been telling myself, "I am peacefully living in an organized home." And I hope that works out!

So, I have to serve refreshments at a preschool party today, then home to get some work done. I think Nate and I will go out tonight.

What are some of the best gifts you remember getting for Christmas?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Thursday!! Empty Re: Thursday!!

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 am

Hah! Angie, I pictured you like Bridget Jones there in the midst of your torn apart kitchen telling yourself your living peacefully!

We're wrapping up our Christmas presents today. Should be a bit crazy, but not too much else going on. The kids are DONE. All they talk about is Christmas. I say all day long, "are we in music class? Month! We're at Social Studies! Please stop singing Christmas Carols!" My room bursts into 6 different songs every 5 minutes!

Hmm, I am gonna have to think about the gift question... I don't remember any specifics. Although, in elementary school, my dad sent me a gift one year and the following year (and proceeding years) didn't and it really crushed me. So, my mom always chose a special gift to be from my dad--even though it came from her. It was usually a magazone subscription of some kind. Ranger Rick, etc. Oddly, when I think back on Christmas gifts, that's what comes to mind. As an adult, my mom's commitment to me in that really says a lot. It wasn't really about the gift, but the way she cared for me and saw a need in my life and filled it, although someone else should have.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 am

I'm going to be staying offline mostly today, I'm trying to keep my blinding rage under control and talking about it isn't helping. Work sucks right now.

My favorite Christmas present was a chalkboard easel that my dad made. We used that thing all the flippin time.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 am

Today is prettles day, they are on the stove and cooking, 3 more hours and I can start the process of preparation, then have to work 4-12 tonight. I also need to go in a few minutes to register and license my new car!

As far as gifts I don't remember too much about what I got each year although a few of them stand out, it was more about memorable times. One year each of us kids got a whole bunch of really small gifts and then one large gift but the large gift wasn't under the tree, our last small gift was a clue that led to another clue and so on and so forth, like a treasure hunt all through the house to find it. That was fun.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

You know what, Pete! I was thinking about doing a treasure hunt for my secret santa tomorrow! I got someone who is a good friend, and it's been hard trying to get her stuff that isn't too obviously from someone who knows her really well... I've been failing.

The best gift I ever got... my parents bought me an antique desk when I was about 10ish I think. It was in pretty bad shape, but my dad fixed it up. He created a shelf on it and fixed the fold down table and created drawers for the cubby holes.

Anyway, it's thursday, I'm going to try and catch up on things at work today.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 pm

So, my computer was supposed to be delivered on the 21st, so my mom arranged to stay home so she could sign for it... turns out, it's on the truck for delivery... TODAY! And no one is home!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm

How did it ship?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Bethany wrote:How did it ship?

UPS... but someone over the age of 21 has to sign for it... and we are having issues with out crazy neighbor and I don't want it left on our front porch. I might call to see if I can go to UPS and pick it up after work.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Well, my kitchen is almost done!!!! YAY!!

I asked about gifts for kind of a self serving purpose. First of all, my parents bought all kinds of stuff at Christmas, I would get enough gifts for 10 kids. But honestly I don't remember most of it. I remember getting all of the care bears and their heart house, I remember one year I got a bike...but other than that....

Anyway, I am having a hard time deciding what to do for my kids. I haven't done anything yet. We have about $500 for 6 kids, and I don't know what to do. I think we are just going to get things that they need, because honestly the $500 isn't like extra money...so, buying impractical stuff would be dumb.

I want them to have a nice Christmas and really enjoy it....but I don't want them thinking that even if there aren't a lot of gifts that it was a bad Christmas, since that isn't what it is about.

I hate watching people go out and buy a bunch of stuff that no one really needs or even wants for that matter.

Nate and I are going out tonight, and we need to make some decisions.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:49 pm

They have chalkboard paint Smile You could make a chalkboard on a wall somewhere for them to draw and play on
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:09 pm

We got our annual bonus today, and an "extra" paycheck. So I've been a good adult and transferred a good chunk to savings, a better chunk to my property tax savings account and I bought these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm

So much for an easy day. I had a really annoying substitute in my room and one of my students went completely nuts on me. Throwing things, hitting, biting, etc. 3pm tomorrow can't come fast enough. Goodness.

Then, I stopped at the bank and there were two windows. Not knowing which one would open first, I lagged back so I could move into the first available slot. And TWO people came and zipped around me to get in line! What the Fudge?! There is nothing to do in that situation but wait but omg, I was livid.

Now I am stopping to fill out paperworl that my mom just informed me she needs by tomorrow. Gosh, can I just go to sleep now???
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

when it is busy at the bank, I fill out my deposit slip inside and then go to the drive through....most of the time, I get through before the people who were standing in front of me in line, plus I can listen to music, or talk on the phone...

Bethany, I love the chalkboard paint idea!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:06 am

Angie wrote:when it is busy at the bank, I fill out my deposit slip inside and then go to the drive through....most of the time, I get through before the people who were standing in front of me in line, plus I can listen to music, or talk on the phone...

Bethany, I love the chalkboard paint idea!

The best part is it is only a bit more expensive than regular paint, totally reasonable and a blanket gift for all of them!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:16 am

I can't believe it is Christmas Eve already!

Today, I am doing some stuff around the house, possibly stopping by the restaurant where I used to work to drop off a gift to one of my old co-workers, and then going to my Grandma's house. Should be a pretty relaxed day.

Who all is working?! Anyone?

Suckas!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:18 am

meether369 wrote:I can't believe it is Christmas Eve already!

Today, I am doing some stuff around the house, possibly stopping by the restaurant where I used to work to drop off a gift to one of my old co-workers, and then going to my Grandma's house. Should be a pretty relaxed day.

Who all is working?! Anyone?

Suckas!

You got something against the Christmas Eve thread I posted an hour ago? pirat
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 am

I thought that was more about Christmas than a daily thread, sorry.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 am

meether369 wrote:I thought that was more about Christmas than a daily thread, sorry.

It can be both Wink
It's just a day specific one I suppose. And I was just poking fun at you Razz
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:36 am

I'm working 12-8 tonight, hopefully 8 anyway. I have a feeling it might be longer. Crying or Very sad

Then off to my parents with my siblings and then church tonight at 11pm.

I'm praying it's a good day at work today, otherwise it puts a real damper on my Christmas spirit.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 am

Work at the store, or work at Wendy's?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:54 am

I work at Wendy's today. The store is only open on Tuesdays now, I thought about christmas hours, but this town wouldn't know about it unless I took out billboard ads so I decided against it. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Well, then there is a better chance of getting out on time, right? Because it is set hours, run corporately? Or no?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:10 am

meether369 wrote:Well, then there is a better chance of getting out on time, right? Because it is set hours, run corporately? Or no?

We are not allowed to turn people away if they are in line when we are supposed to close and in previous years it has been a mad house. Then after we're not allowed to leave until the closing procedures are done. I have three times as many closers tonight, but sometimes that's counter productive.

I'm praying it goes smoothly and the customers are in good moods, as well as the crew. Rolling Eyes It will help with my own mood. Very Happy

I'll make it, I know I can, I just have to forge through!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:13 am

That's crazy! I wouldn't think of people wanting fast food on Christmas Eve. It's kinda sad...for them, and for those of you working!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 am

I am off to shower, grocery shop, movie watch, food eat, game play!

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve, everyone! Be safe!

Happy New Year!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum