Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday!!

+5
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
Angie
9 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Thursday!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Thursday!!

Post by meether369 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Sorry, my phone was acting up when I initially tried posting, so I came back to it later. Didn't realize it had posted the first time.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:46 pm

meether369 wrote:Sorry, my phone was acting up when I initially tried posting, so I came back to it later. Didn't realize it had posted the first time.

Mel! You're supposed to say, "DB!", or "FB" - or don't you have a Blackberry anymore?
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:57 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:
meether369 wrote:Sorry, my phone was acting up when I initially tried posting, so I came back to it later. Didn't realize it had posted the first time.

Mel! You're supposed to say, "DB!", or "FB" - or don't you have a Blackberry anymore?

Ahh, I forgot. I do have a BB still, but this one has a full keyboard--DB was for my old one that would input weird words all the time. It thought it was helping, but wasn't ever.

I didn't even think of a DB call, because it didn't have to do with weird typos.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:01 am

Like 'Ercnon' for example? Very Happy
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu May 06, 2010 7:10 am

Well, my official class is done for the year...but I am going in today to clean, and then I still do the babysitting in the afternoon. So, I still have to work all day, which I would rather not do, because frankly, I am lazy, and I have to work all day tomorrow too, and my house needs me. Although, the truth is, if I had the afternoon off, I would not be cleaning my house!

So, today I am going to call one of the real estate offices here and see about taking classes so I can get a real estate license. The economy isn't in a very good place now, but people are always going to need houses....so I don't know, because I am a people person (sometimes) and it could be a slightly more lucrative career....I am at least going to find out what it entails.

I went for a run this morning, but I am not feeling so hot for whatever reason.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 am

I'm finishing up getting ready to leave for Gatlinburg.
Should be a lot of fun!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 am

Angie, I could see you starting a baking business--or a catering one. Or interior decorating/painting. I would pay you to come paint my bedroom, no question!!

I say find something you're really excited about doing. Money will always come, but loving what you do doesn't.

Maybe spend some time dreaming about what your favorite thing would be, and get a goal in mind. Then go about finding ways to make that goal reality. My fear is that you will put forth time and money on something that sounds ok, but because it isn't something you're passionate about, it will become discouraging and a burden instead of a help. Because all work comes with burden, and it's only with passion that we can carry it...you know?

Speaking of work burdens, I am currently really discouraged and actually fearful about the future thanks to things going on at work. It's really hard when you can't trust your boss to make decisions based on data and the well-being of students. There is such a strange mix of politics and power in schools. I just want to do my job and care for my students.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 am

Angie wrote:Well, my official class is done for the year...but I am going in today to clean, and then I still do the babysitting in the afternoon. So, I still have to work all day, which I would rather not do, because frankly, I am lazy, and I have to work all day tomorrow too, and my house needs me. Although, the truth is, if I had the afternoon off, I would not be cleaning my house!

So, today I am going to call one of the real estate offices here and see about taking classes so I can get a real estate license. The economy isn't in a very good place now, but people are always going to need houses....so I don't know, because I am a people person (sometimes) and it could be a slightly more lucrative career....I am at least going to find out what it entails.

Not to discourage you - just a word to the wise. The RE business is extremely cut-throat and very difficult. It's not at all like what you probably thnk it is.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu May 06, 2010 9:32 am

Angie wrote:Well, my official class is done for the year...but I am going in today to clean, and then I still do the babysitting in the afternoon. So, I still have to work all day, which I would rather not do, because frankly, I am lazy, and I have to work all day tomorrow too, and my house needs me. Although, the truth is, if I had the afternoon off, I would not be cleaning my house!

I think it never hurts to ask questions and look at options. Good luck Angie.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 am

My coffee maker that I purchased less than 2 months ago will not work. mad

I'm going to have to take it apart tonight after work and see what's wrong with it. Sad
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu May 06, 2010 11:13 am

Our coffee pot at work broke... you would think the end of the world happened. Sheesh... the coffee here is crap... i can't believe people will drink it
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Melissa, I wish I had time to pursue dream and goals....but it has come to a place where Nate and I have both been working for 15 years, and we are really still struggling. And so it is time to do whatever it takes to have enough to at least cover the bills and let the kids play sports. And if it means cutting throats, Bob....I have no problem with that. When you watch someone work their ass off for 15 years to never get ahead, you start to think whatever it takes.

I can't wait until the kids are out of the house honestly, parenting is not my strong point.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu May 06, 2010 6:03 pm

well, i totally just fell asleep in the bathroom.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu May 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, my only point is, if it is something you actually are passionate about doing, it will more likely be a successful venture. And if you're going to put forth energy and time and money to get into something new, it might as well be something you like.

I truly doubt your dreams are that far from you--even in your current state!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 pm

I feel better, my coffee maker is working again. Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Pete wrote:I feel better, my coffee maker is working again. Very Happy

LIKE!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri May 07, 2010 2:14 am

I know right?!? I liked it too because my back up machine is currently at Bethany's house. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 am

Tonight I was offered a higher position in my job. It would land me second in charge with a fairly nice raise. They understand it's going to be hard to replace me (not impossible mind you, but hard). They wanted to make the offer in case there was a way to get me to stay. I was very kind and appreciative in my refusal of the position, but it did feel really nice to feel appreciated.

It was similar situation in my last job, but why must they wait until it's too late to show appreciation? I do feel better about job searching knowing that my employers believe I'm as hard of a worker as I thought I was. It helps build my self esteem a bit as I leave my comfort zone.

But rest assured Bethany, I did turn it down and am still planning on moving to Cinci. Wink
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 am

meether369 wrote:Well, my only point is, if it is something you actually are passionate about doing, it will more likely be a successful venture. And if you're going to put forth energy and time and money to get into something new, it might as well be something you like.

I truly doubt your dreams are that far from you--even in your current state!
yea, I was totally just in a bad mood yesterday. But Nate is really discouraged with his job, and so keeping a good attitude is not easy at all! I can't even tell you how much I ate yesterday....it was like everything was crashing down.

But then I decided to clean and go for a run, and I feel better this morning....a little more hopeful that there is some way for me to do something about our situation...

Pete, that is realy great that they let you know that they do appreciate you. I think that is important to a persons self esteem.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri May 07, 2010 5:38 pm

I understand frustration and hopelessness. Neither is easy to deal with.

I was just trying to encourage you. If you're willing to put forth energy, time, and money in a new field, you might as well look into fields you actually want to be in because without wanting to be there, it will become tedious and might actually end up being a waste of time, energy, and money. I think, if both you and Nate took some time now to frontload your plans with brainstorming and dreaming, you might find that your dreams are only a couple steps away from you. Only hoping to encourage you, not make you feel worse. But, I think it's a hard convo to have online...would be better in person. Sad
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 am

Blargh!!!

I am stuck in traffic. It has taken me an hour to travel what typically takes 15 minutes. So, needless to say, I am late for work.

If it isn't one thing, it's another!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 am

I was just saying to someone here that if they think they've seen traffic here in Erie, PA....then they should go to a big city. That is frustrating, Melissa.

Well, since I am off this morning, I have started laundry and the kitchen cleaning. Then I work this afternoon....and tonight is too many things to even handle....but it will all work out.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am

Working then nothing after work because Sharen and Matthew are going to a Cub Scout meeting. Matthew really really wants to be in Cub Scouts, and it's weird that he really really wants to be in something. I keep forgetting that he's 5 1/2.

I have laundry tonight and cleaning because Stephanie is coming into town for the weekend. Then this weekend I HAVE to paint the trim and base boards for the hall bath because it's just ridiculous that the bathroom still isn't done Smile
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 am

I was just blown away by a concept offered by Scott McKight at Mars Hill: the Good Samaritan story shows priests who love God and refuse to love their neighbors and a Samaritian who loves his neighbor and obviously loves God by doing so. He fulfills both of the greatest commandments by doing the second one where the priests break the second one by focusing too closely on the first.

For some reason, that just BOOMED in my ears!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 am

I'm off today! I thinks having a Thursday off is a waste, but I'll make the most of it. I have some bills to pay and figure out how much I need to borrow this month, mostly because my liquor license renewal is due, and the fact that business is steadily dropping every week because of the rumors.

A good friend of mine is off work all week so I'll probably call him up and we'll find some trouble to get into. lol.

Other than that, I think that's all for my day.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum