Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday!!!

+5
JamesWilliams
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
9 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Monday!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Monday!!!

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:Not at all!!!

Did you get my message yet??

I just did, I think I'm going to make that a ring tone :)

HAH! I Pinged Katy!

What's a ping?

What's a ping?

I pingd you in an effort to show you...

I received no such ping
It says File Sent...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:20 pm

I have an annual review today, and word on the street is they're going to be talking to me about working towards a supervisor position. Shocked
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Bethany wrote:I have an annual review today, and word on the street is they're going to be talking to me about working towards a supervisor position. :shock:

Awesome! So you will be able to confront people and their inabilities to properly do their jobs ALL DAY LONG!!!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Gosh, the only thing I have really committed myself to this break is snacking and making sure my reader doesn't have any items in it. ERRRR!!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Bethany wrote:I have an annual review today, and word on the street is they're going to be talking to me about working towards a supervisor position. Shocked

Two things...
First... That's pretty awesome!

Second... didn't you just have a review?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:52 pm

meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:I have an annual review today, and word on the street is they're going to be talking to me about working towards a supervisor position. Shocked

Awesome! So you will be able to confront people and their inabilities to properly do their jobs ALL DAY LONG!!!!

Exactly!
It's like the 3rd time the word on the street is that I'll be "on the supervisor track" so I'm not holding my breath. Just adds another nervous element to the already nerve wracking review process

Katy, that was a quarterly review of my performance during our busy season. This is an annual review which is just what it sounds like as well as a formal conversation with my manager about my "aspirations" within the company.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Exactly!
It's like the 3rd time the word on the street is that I'll be "on the supervisor track" so I'm not holding my breath. Just adds another nervous element to the already nerve wracking review process

Katy, that was a quarterly review of my performance during our busy season. This is an annual review which is just what it sounds like as well as a formal conversation with my manager about my "aspirations" within the company.

Your aspirations are to kick your co-workers ass and make her do things right. tongue

Good luck! let us know how it goes.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:
meether369 wrote:
Bethany wrote:I have an annual review today, and word on the street is they're going to be talking to me about working towards a supervisor position. :shock:

Exactly!

Your aspirations are to kick your co-workers ass and make her do things right. :tongue:

Good luck! let us know how it goes.

Ditto! :cheers:
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Review went good. Got a 3% raise which I guess is ok, I don't really know.
Got mostly 4's out of 5's (consistently exceeds expectations) and the rest were 3's (meets expectations)
Was told that I should give some serious thought to moving into the position of CS rep of our new brand that's launching this summer. I would be the only CS rep there and as they grow position myself to move into supervisory/management positions.
I honestly have no idea what to think about that. I mean I've never in my life really given thought to anything like a career path. It would be nice and if something should happen that the new brand doesn't pan out then I would just transition back to the "old brand" (which we're all going to be under the same parent company anyway.

It would be a lot more work and apparently influence in policy/procedure writing within the new brand CS department (but I wouldn't really be in a management position, I would still report to my current boss until that company splits off completely or something...it's all still very vague and up in the air)

So, I have to think about that until I don't know when.
My manager said the only thing she would look for improvement on is my resolution percentages with resolving open issues and email/voicemail. She said that it's right at maybe a smidge below the team average but I also consistently take 20% more calls then others on the team as well as talk some other employees through consults on their issues. So she said that while it's not that big of a deal if I'm looking to move into transitioning to the new brand or get on a career path in the company it needs to be better.

Being an adult is hard. I feel completely in over my head
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Any kind of raise is good.... I would think!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Wow, yeah, sounds like a lot to think about, but a lot of promise too!!! I hope the decision becomes easier and easier to make. Smile
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 am

Yes, any raise is a good raise right now. I've been working the same crap job for the last 2 years without a single raise, they are usually too busy taking away the very few benefits we have. They tried really hard to take away our vacation time until they received a letter from 85% of the management staff that said they would walk on the day they announced it. They already took away the sick days, the 401K plan, bonuses, and now only pay 10% of the insurance premiums for General Managers only, there's only one per store.

It's days like today I miss having a good job. My job in Michigan was a good job, just a horrible work place and boss, both of which are gone now, so I guess it works out for the best, but after a bad day at work it's hard to remember that. Rolling Eyes
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 am

Monday, back at work. Another short week at least. My head cold is still stubbornly sticking around. A lot of coughing, a lot of snot.
At least it seems to just be a head cold, hopefully it stays that way until it just goes away!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:17 am

I hit a curb last night--like drove up onto the grass!!--and have to now get at least one new tire before heading home. And it looks like we have gotten 5 inches of snow over night!! Driving home is gonna be FUN! Wink
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 am

I have to get 4 new tires, an oil change and new wipers on Wednesday. $532 Sad
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 am

How did you hit the curb Mel?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 am

Bethany wrote:I have to get 4 new tires, an oil change and new wipers on Wednesday. $532 Sad

Shocked
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 am

Pete wrote:
Bethany wrote:I have to get 4 new tires, an oil change and new wipers on Wednesday. $532 Sad

Shocked

Yep.
But I'm buying 3 tires, getting one free. I'm getting a free oil change and buy 1 wiper get the 2nd free. So I can't tell if that's better or not Laughing

I've known that I've needed all this stuff, just haven't been able to afford it until now
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monday!
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 am

Bethany wrote:How did you hit the curb Mel?

I was trying to keep up with Nate, who I was following, and we were merging into traffic so I was looking behind me and turning at the same time and turned right into the curb. Blargh!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:52 am

meether369 wrote:I was trying to keep up with Nate, who I was following
You're stalking Angie's husband?
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 am

meether369 wrote:

I was trying to keep up with Nate, who I was following, and we were merging into traffic so I was looking behind me and turning at the same time and turned right into the curb. Blargh!

Bleck
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Bleck

Bleck indeed
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, it's month end and year end, so this week is going to be crazy. I had my monthly "I'm bummed because I don't have any friends close enough to call and say lets have coffee/dinner/movie/shopping etc, at the last minute without making plans weeks in advance" weekend.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that my tummy is trying to say it's hungry, cause I don't think it really is. If I get desperate, i will go eat my apple and yogurt.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Katykc wrote: I had my monthly "I'm bummed because I don't have any friends close enough to call and say lets have coffee/dinner/movie/shopping etc, at the last minute without making plans weeks in advance" weekend.

I was the same way! and yet we live really close to each other...this calls for phone number exchanging!
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum