Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What movie have you seen lately?

+9
hollydog22
dave
transparentman
Angie
Katykc
Pete
meether369
Bethany
JamesWilliams
13 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

What movie have you seen lately? - Page 3 Empty Re: What movie have you seen lately?

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:59 pm

A rare movie night at the theater. The Blind Side was good. Even rarer is that me and my wife both liked it.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

What movie have you seen lately? - Page 3 Empty Re: What movie have you seen lately?

Post by hollydog22 Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:23 am

I saw Sherlock Holmes last night and loved it! Two thumbs up for me!
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Katykc wrote:500 Days of Summer. Not my favorite.

I liked it, there just seemed to be something.....off...about it. I can't decide what it was though.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Bethany wrote:
Katykc wrote:500 Days of Summer. Not my favorite.

I liked it, there just seemed to be something.....off...about it. I can't decide what it was though.

It was too slow.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 am

I watched "Funny People" last night. This movie is not really funny, slightly (actually very) depressing and seemed to never end! It had its moments of making me lol, but not many. I don't feel like I wasted my time cause I'm a huge Sandler and Rogen fan, but glad I only rented it. Not one I'll be purchasing.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

I really liked that movie, but I really like depressing movies I think Smile

I loved the scene with Sandler and Eminem in the bar when Seth Rogen was talking to Ray Romano and said, "I thought everyone liked you" Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:07 am

Bethany wrote:
I loved the scene with Sandler and Eminem in the bar when Seth Rogen was talking to Ray Romano and said, "I thought everyone liked you" Laughing

yeah, that was funny...as I said, it had its moments, but after awhile I kept wondering "how much longer is this movie?!"
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 am

I enjoyed Funny People. I liked the mix of funny and serious and Eric Bana totally surprised me.

We watched Stranger Than Fiction last night and I was reminded about how great a movie it is. I like the tender simplicity of Ferrill's performance.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 pm

It was the first time I had seen it, and I will say that I think it is one of my favorite movies!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:01 pm

meether369 wrote:We watched Stranger Than Fiction last night and I was reminded about how great a movie it is. I like the tender simplicity of Ferrill's performance.

I highly recommend watching STF right after reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I did it a few weeks ago, and there's a connection.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:04 pm

JamesWilliams wrote:
meether369 wrote:We watched Stranger Than Fiction last night and I was reminded about how great a movie it is. I like the tender simplicity of Ferrill's performance.

I highly recommend watching STF right after reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I did it a few weeks ago, and there's a connection.
I hadn't read the book, but even as we watched it last night, that thought crossed my mind, because it involved his story and changing. It was a great movie.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:36 pm

JamesWilliams wrote:

At the moment when Harold Crick gives Mrs. Eiffel her manuscript back and says, "I enjoyed the story the way you wrote it. Don't change it." I thought to myself, "Gosh! To have that attitude toward my own Author!" That would be awesome!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm

meether369 wrote:
JamesWilliams wrote:

At the moment when Harold Crick gives Mrs. Eiffel her manuscript back and says, "I enjoyed the story the way you wrote it. Don't change it." I thought to myself, "Gosh! To have that attitude toward my own Author!" That would be awesome!
she did have that thought, because she said it to me.....just in case you thought she was fibbing.... Laughing

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 am

meether369 wrote:At the moment when Harold Crick gives Mrs. Eiffel her manuscript back and says, "I enjoyed the story the way you wrote it. Don't change it." I thought to myself, "Gosh! To have that attitude toward my own Author!" That would be awesome!

Very cool!
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 am

I watched Far From Heaven last night.
I totally love Julianne Moore especially in period pieces. I've seen this movie many many times before and just love it so much. I'm heartbroken everytime especially in regards to Mr. Diegen and Kathy.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, although I said I wouldn't see it, I think I am going to see Sherlock Holmes tonight, with my s-i-l.....she has several small children and wants to get out of the house and I can sympathize with that...

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Freedomland in keeping with my Julianne Moore streak.
Very good and of course Moore was awesome!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Angie wrote:Well, although I said I wouldn't see it, I think I am going to see Sherlock Holmes tonight, with my s-i-l.....she has several small children and wants to get out of the house and I can sympathize with that...

Woowho! Hopey you likey!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm

meether369 wrote:
Angie wrote:Well, although I said I wouldn't see it, I think I am going to see Sherlock Holmes tonight, with my s-i-l.....she has several small children and wants to get out of the house and I can sympathize with that...

Woowho! Hopey you likey!

I hope you have fun, Angie. Even if you don't like the movie, I'm glad you were able to get out.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am

Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Woowho! Hopey you likey!

I hope you have fun, Angie. Even if you don't like the movie, I'm glad you were able to get out.
oh my heavens, I would've missed out! It was fantastic, it complimented Conan Doyle's stories very well. I loved it! RDJ was really good, and of course Jude Law was too!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:14 am

Angie wrote:
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Woowho! Hopey you likey!

oh my heavens, I would've missed out! It was fantastic, it complimented Conan Doyle's stories very well. I loved it! RDJ was really good, and of course Jude Law was too!

yay!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzle Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 am

Lately, I've seen Invictus and/or Avatar. They were both thoroughly good. Seeing that I joined this new forum today, I even thought of making my avatar an avatar from Avatar. Invictus was good because it showed a side of that whole story that I am sure most never knew about. I wore the 3-D glasses to Invictus and wondered why everyone kept staring at me.
tizzle
tizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:04 am

lol!
I missed you Tiz
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 am

Katykc wrote:
Angie wrote:
Katykc wrote:
meether369 wrote:

Woowho! Hopey you likey!

yay!

Double yay! I am even more excited now that it has your seal of approval. I love RDJ and cannot wait! :)
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzle Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:13 am

Gracias, senorita
tizzle
tizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next