Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday!!!!

+4
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Katykc
Bethany
meether369
8 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Friday!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Friday!!!!

Post by meether369 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 pm

We had the students for only the morning and now I am heading to a meeting. Fun times.

I am kind of in a daze, it is a really weird response to this whole thing.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm

So, i have today off. I'm meeting with a friend and we are going to do some shopping. Well, she is going to shop, I am going to look. Smile
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Stuck in traffic, but heading out to see the star-studded Valentine's Day. That is, if we ever actually get moving here...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 pm

I got off work at noon, rushed home ate some lunch met my parents.
Then we went to a housing warehouse, this guy buys stuff wholesale and the display models of different housing things.
We found some interior doors to replace the basement bathroom door and to put one in the doorway to the laundry room that were a good deal. Didn't buy them, just know they are there right now.

Then we went to Lowe's to look at sinks, vanities, medicine cabinets toilets etc. I found a super cute sink and vanity with a deep square sink and a nice vanity. Didn't buy it, it's just nice to know it's there. We did buy a curved shower rod to hang once the bathroom is all done and wiper fluid.

OH! The cashier CARDED me for buying the wiper fluid. Then she said a that I wasn't allowed to drink it. Apparently that's a thing right now.

Then back home, it was about 3pm at this point, and knocked every stitch of drywall off the walls. Which was way harder than I thought it was going to be! I also realized that the stuff on the other side of the stud is the back of the wall to my bedroom. I realized it after I whacked it hard with a hammer and cracked it. (I really didn't know! Laughing

Massive clean up ensued, then Chipotle for dinner with mom, dad, Sharen and Matthew then marathoned through Home Depot 30 minutes before they closed to price compare bath vanities, ceiling tile and buy some random things Smile

I'm EXHAUSTED
Tomorrow hopefully the carpet will actually be installed considering the contractors postponed AGAIN today. I told them it was ok if they promised they wouldn't postpone AGAIN tomorrow. Ugh. Then all sorts of other things. But I'll save that for tomorrow Smile
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 am

Okay... so Bryan Adams missing his cue to start his song...... that HE wrote... while he was LIP SYNCING... was kinda funny.. he was a whole 2 lines in before he lifted the mic!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 am

Katykc wrote:Okay... so Bryan Adams missing his cue to start his song...... that HE wrote... while he was LIP SYNCING... was kinda funny.. he was a whole 2 lines in before he lifted the mic!
what was that on?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:20 am

Katykc wrote:Okay... so Bryan Adams missing his cue to start his song...... that HE wrote... while he was LIP SYNCING... was kinda funny.. he was a whole 2 lines in before he lifted the mic!

Where was this?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:51 pm

in case Katy doesn't answer us, Melissa, I believe it was at the opening ceremonies

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm

it was... thanks, Angie Smile
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:16 pm

ooo, I missed em! Darn!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 pm

It's Friday! I'm actually excited because I don't work tomorrow! Very Happy

Had lunch with my parents today and heard the drama of the last three days. My aunt had a nervous breakdown and was admitted to the Stress Center and will be there for a few more weeks. Things got really bad and she knew something was wrong and called for help before it was too late, thank goodness. She's had a rough 5 years and we all just kind of figured this would happen sooner or later, just glad she got help.

Then this morning my parents had to take my grandma to the hospital for dehydration. She's got some kind of infection through a lot of her body they didn't realize and the sickness has caused her to lose 14 pounds this week, and for a woman that is lucky to weigh 115# soaking wet, that's a lot.

My poor parents have been on the go for the last three days because they are the only ones that have the time and they are the ones that everyone calls so they were there to admit both my and aunt and my grandma into the hospital, they say they are done doing that.

Everyone is going to be fine, but my aunt has a long road ahead of her. In the last 4 years she lost her husband from a major heart attack, was diagnosed with cancer and went through radiation and chemo and survived it, moved across the country, bought her very own first house, did some renovations, married off two of her children, had to close and sell the family business after 25 years, and had to find a job in an area where jobs are hard to find. Hopefully now she'll take the time to deal with everything and put things back into perspective. She's got a great therapist, so we're hoping for good things.

Anyway, I'm off to get a hair cut, do some shopping and then have to come back and prepare a funeral lunch for tomorrow for 200 people. Then be at work by 6pm, work until 1am and then deliver the funeral tomorrow at 10am.

I need a nap. Rolling Eyes

only three more work days before vacation!!!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Pete is this the aunt from New Jersey?
I'm sorry about all the drama going on, it's so hard to deal with sometimes sad hug
4 days until I see you!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:31 pm

yes, she's the one from N.J.

It's drama, but it's something she needs. I mean no one needs a break down, but our family is famous for bottling things up and this is family number 2 this has happened too, so I think it's an awakening. Her kids are going to all be here this weekend because we were going to have a surprise 60th. birthday party for her, so at least they'll all get to see her, the closest one lives 4 hours away, so maybe that will bring her some warmth.

The sleeping pills the doctor had her on has this kind of affect and he gave her a list of phone numbers to call if she ever felt bad while she was on them and she used the numbers right away. Within minutes the cops were there to check on her and the ambulance was there soon after to take her to get help. I thank God that she's not afraid to ask for help.

4 more days!!! Hopefully no one orders a funeral and cuts this trip short!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 am

I see we have added one more to our numbers....how very exciting....the charisma we have here is truly something.

Well, we have a field trip today, and we are going to have some really pissed off parents, I bet, because we aren't canceling...we will see.

So, today, I am determined that my house is going to be clean by the end of the workday, so Nate and I can go out and spend some time together.

But we have to find something other than eating to entertain us!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 am

Up and at em for an early Lowe's trip to spend money like I have it.
Dry wall guy is arriving around 11 (a guy I know from church is hanging it for free, Pete and I have to tape & mud it)
Hopefully at least the basement bath door will also be hung today and the light and toilet in that bath will be installed which will finish the work in that room.

I'm tired already
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:51 pm

I have the fuzzy vision beginnings of a migraine... also, I found a really cute laptop bag on Etsy... but it costs almost $90. I wish I could sew.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Nothing is going according to plan today 😭
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:49 am

Good morning, friends! It is Friday!!

I have already washed the dishes and done some laundry today....now I have to get kids out of bed and get everybody ready to go. Work at the school and then cleaning for the Pataskis. Tonight probably working around the house. We have got to get a new hot water tank so we have to get the basement ready for it to be delivered. I would also like to start painting soon, so I need to get the organization back up here.

I guess it is a good day, I am feeling pretty ambitious!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 am

I am selling one of my cars today! So excited!!

I think we're gonna do a movie day today at school. I forgot to prep an art project...

I am trying to wrap my head around some new perspectives on God...there are a lot of things in my life I feel shame about. My ability to work, to lose weight, to make healthy choices, my finances, etc. I just can't get things right. Ever. And my heart sinks at that. I am trying to accept what I know rationally--that God loves me. No matter what I know, no matter what I do or don't do. I just don't know how to find balance in that. There are things I HAVE to do, but mess up on and that doesn't changw anything about how God feels about me. It makes sense when I type it out, but for some reason, when living through these disappointments with myself, I think that God withholds love when I don't meet certain criteria. Unfortunately, the criteria is what I have set for myself, not what He has set for me. I am trying respond to those moments when shame typically sets in with faith instead. "God, I feel bad about my performance right now, but whether I see it or not, I want to believe and hope in the Truth: that your love for me isn't based on my performance."

Seems so basic and obvious typing it out, but my mind and heart are anxious at the concept!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:40 am

That's a lot to think about this morning Mel! I agree it's harder to get the mind and the heart to work together and remember that God doesn't have criteria for his love, I think we all fall into that trap more often than not.

I woke up in a panic this morning thinking I had over slept based on the amount of sunshine coming through my window and I realized I was up almost an hour before my alarm was set for.

I've missed this sunshine.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Melissa, I think that I tend to do the same thing. Do you remember what Dr. B told me about marble? How what makes marble cool and interesting are the faults in it....and that it is the same with us. It isn't what we are that gives us value it is who we belong to.

Sounds so cliche, but it is certainly truth....and some days I actually feel that I have a grip on that concept! Some days, not so much.

The sun is fantastic today Pete! I am so happy just to see sun and feel a little warmer!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:28 am

I was up at 6am yesterday painting the bathroom.
Showered, did some laundry, waited for the bath guys to arrive. The tub was glazed and lordy did that smell so awful but hopefully it looks nice.
While they did that I rearranged and vacuumed the basement and blew a fuse, cleaned the basement bath and set up the tv, dvd, direct tv etc up in the basement for the kids.
Then Jake and Cody arrived we cleaned some more, I ran to the store for last minute supplies and picked up Matthew from daycare, went out to see my friend Alaina's photo show and bought a picture she took which I loved.
After that (about 930) we all went to a bar and hung out until about 1230, came home, sat up talking for awhile and then finally went to bedt about 2.

I'm pooped.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 am

Sounds exhausting but such fun!!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 am

I am doing laundry and trying to put a list together of what needs to be done, in order for me to travel with some sanity. We are only going to be gone until Monday evening, but still....going away with this many people and leaving two dogs behind is hard.

I have to go to work this morning and then I have some financial stuff to take care of, I need an oil change and alignment and to vacuum out the van. Then I have to wrap gifts that we are taking for Sunday for Ethan and Leaf, and start packing the van. I want it packed by this evening because we are going to head out at about 3 AM...so if I just have to stuff the family in that will make it easier.

Big weekend for the Jeffery's, we rarely go more that 45 miles from home......HA

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:43 am

Angie, where are you going again?
Working then starting to pack up my house into the basement for the flooring guys next week. Wheeee
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next