Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday!!!

+5
JamesWilliams
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
meether369
9 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Monday!!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Monday!!!

Post by meether369 Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Well, I joined the gym today. I was impressed that there were 'normal' people there--it wasn't a bunch of gym rats pumpin iron and pickin up chics! Smile
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Well Mel, it's not a gym on tv Laughing
There are definitely people there that are gym rats, but they usually are to engrossed in working out to notice other people (unless you're on their machine!)
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh, and Pete, that's helpful information. Maybe I'll take the 29th off and play it by ear with work. Tell them I'm taking it off but I might come in if I need to
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 pm

I have been to gyms before where the people are all really muscle-y and the women are anorexic skinny and addicted to cardio.

This seemed to be a group of normal people--working toward better health, not living and breathing exercise. I felt I could fit in better here than in other places I have been.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:21 am

Katykc wrote:I love Shel Silverstein.

Me too!

Katy, are you familiar with his poem, The Dirtiest Man in the World? My kids loved that!
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:15 am

Yeah, I couldn't make it in those other gyms either Mel, I guess I just haven't been to those ones
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 am

TWO DAYS PEOPLE! TWO FREAKIN DAYS!

Working then a Washington Project meeting, where I suspect there will be birthday cake awaiting me
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 am

I finished the Deathly Hallows this morning. It always hurts me because I realize that I am the mid-book Harry, who is struggling to even believe that God cares....and I am pursuing the wrong things, but when you don't have faith, it is hard to pursue that "right" things. But that discussion is for another thread....

I have so many things to do today, lots of dishes and laundry, I have been very lazy as of late, so there is much to be done....this will be my last summer work week at the school, and it wasn't a good week to work, because there are so many other things scheduled as well, but I can't pass up the money in the summer....so I have some legistics to work out today too.

I had dislocated one of the vertebrate in my neck and although the chiropracter got me back in line, my head has had a dull ache since Friday...so I am hoping that will subside if I get off my ass and do something, instead of sitting around reading!

Have a good day all! Chin up and all that.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 pm

The deathly hallow gets me everytime i read/listen to it. By the end, I'm always in tears.

I wrote a lot this weekend... A LOT.

My co-worker who is been out on maternity leave for a year came back today... Ed decided to surprise us instead of telling us. I'm very excited, cause she's fabulous... but a little nervous about how the work load is going to be handed out because we already felt like it was stretched thing. But I'm still really glad she's here.

I forgot to put on deodorant today.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:37 pm

I am filling out assistance application because the estimate to take care of Piri's teeth is over $5k. Yea, always when I am trying to get things under control financially. Mad

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:55 pm

What's wrong with Piri's teeth?!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Oh, and also.. I don't know who else is friends with Arian on FB but she got married over the weekend
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm

I knew it was coming up, but couldn't remember the date. Will have to go congratulate her!

Seriously, Angie, what could be so wrong with baby teeth that it would cost that much money?!
Katy, at least you didn't also remember to put the deodorant on your lips, which has been known to happen. Or so I have heard. From a friend of mine.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

why would I put deodorant on my lips?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Katykc wrote:why would I put deodorant on my lips?
just know that Melissa is her own friend in this case.... Laughing

Piri's teeth are just bad, the back molars are in bad shape....but with a little kid they put them under so you are paying for anesthesia and a hospital room....it sucks! Here's something I didn't know, you shouldn't let a kid brush their own teeth until they are about 6, because they don't have the fine motor skills to get them brushed well. Sad

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am

Monday, my last regular schedule day for 7 days.
Working then home hooray!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

How come the weekends are never long enough? I enjoyed my first weekend home without any real plans other than going to Costco with my mom. We went to Target and Costco and then yesterday I got a pedicure and then roamed Office Depot. I got two sets of 2 composition books that are white with little black and white doodles on them that you can color (I got them at Target) and they had some double ended sharpies displayed with them, so I got a few there, then I went to Office Depot and got a lot more. Needless to say, I've spend so much money on pens the last few days, I won't be buying any for years.
Anyway, I got my pedicure at a nail salon instead of waiting until my normal gal had time when I had time (the one who does my hair and my facials... although, I did get a haircut too this weekend). It actually made me really appreciate the time and effort she puts into the work she does. The place I was at did a really fast job and didn't really work that hard at getting the calluses and stuff smoothed down. However, they did put little flowers on my big toes... with little blue rhinestone centers... my toes are totally blinged out right now.
I got my hair cut fairly short... the ends were really dry and dead and we decided it was best just to get them all cut off. Ed says it looks very professional and all I need are really big shoulder pads and I would like an office professional from the 80's. I haven't quite decided what his punishment for that statement will be. But I'll think of something.

Angie, sounds like you had a productive weekend! BTW-How did Pirie's cookies turn out?

Mel, I hope you got lots of rest last night after all that paining!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I woke up with my left hand swollen and sore from all the work it's been doing.

I cut my grass, am heading to lunch, and then probably back over to help with the Extreme Makeover. It's actually beyond impressive!! Just a whole heck of a lot of work!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Wait wait wait....did I miss something?
Is this the ACTUAL show Extreme Makeover or are you just dubbing it that because it's so much work?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Haha! I just dubbed it that. We are revamping every single aspect of this home. With due cause, for sure.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm

well, today I scrubbed down the bathroom, and tried to maintain the other work I had done yesterday. Now I am going to tackle Piri's room.

Katy, the cookies turned out great....she is a good helper. I try very hard to be patient in the kitchen, because my mom did not like to have me in the kitchen.

I don't know if I have told you guys, but my sister has cancer, and she is in the midst of an 8 week course of treatments and at the end, as she says, she will know if she is going to live or die. It is really hard, though, the more I think about it...my sister is 20 years older than me, so it isn't as if we did everything together, and she is kind of a tough gal....but still she is very sentimental and has always let me know that she loves me....and right now I feel like there is nothing I can do for her, and she only lives about 20 miles away, but it is far enough that I never go to see her. Life is surely hard sometimes.

Melissa, when your done....you can come to my house to paint....Smile It needs it!

Bethany, you are on vacation after today?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Angie, I think you did mention about your sister. Can you just maybe visit her more or something for now? Just the tangibles?
It doesn't make it easier that you didn't do a lot together, she's still your sister.

I'm not on vacation no Smile
I have a meeting at 630 tomorrow, so I won't be home until 8pm from after work probably. Then I start dog sitting Wednesday through Sunday so I won't be home at all. So this is just the last I get to go straight home from work day for me for a week, and it's exhausting.
I just booked ANOTHER dogsitting job for October.
Right now it's looking like I'll be home for about 5-10 days total in October no more than 2 days in a row.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

We're currently at Home Depot. I got tired of standing and waiting, so I sat on a toilet they have displayed in the SALE area. It is hilarious to watch everyone who walks by do a double take!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 am

Nate's aunt and uncle told us when one of their girls was about 3, they were looking around in a home depot or something like it, and she told them she needed to use the bathroom, and they told her to hold on a minute....well, in that moment she was holding on, she spotted the toilet displays, and took herself to the "bathroom"

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:30 am

well, I started running again today...it has been about a month...I just quit when it started to get hot. But I am committing to myself that I will run at least 1 mile a day, which isn't much, but if I run one, chances are I'll run three.

Just a tidy up of the main rooms in the house, and a deep clean on the boys rooms today...that is the plan, of course it could fall apart, who knows?

Piri has soccer tonight, and all of the other boys are committed to VBS, 3 of them as helpers, two of them in attendance....so, let the week begin!

Happy Monday, all!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum