Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday!

+4
Katykc
Bethany
Pete
meether369
8 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Wednesday! - Page 4 Empty Re: Wednesday!

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 am

Well there's no saying they couldn't per say, but I don't....really want them to. I don't want to board my cats which I feel like makes me seem like the crazy cat lady
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

no, it doesn't make you sound like a crazy cat lady, it makes sense. If you had 15-20 cats and avoided all contact with the outside world because it disturbs your cats......then you'd be the crazy cat lady. Wink
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm

So, I have been verging on insanity for the last two days....and I mean, serious lunatic kind of behaviours, stuff that would scare the shit out of normal people....my kids pretty much take it in stride, because they know me....but still....I have been doing much better than I used to when I was young, but I still have my shining moments.

Chaos just gets to me, and I guess because some other girls in my life are going back to school, I get jealous...I will never do that, and I know I don't have the time, but sometimes I wish....I just feel like I am never going to get out of the cycle of life that I am in, I think we all know what that feels like....

It's kind of odd how different of lives we can lead, but how similar the feeling can run.

So, right now I am avoiding all the things I should be doing, and also making dinner, so I can eat more, because God knows I haven't gained enough weight.

LUNATIC.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey, Ang, you know how great your Sunday Mornings are when you read and journal? What if you set up a time like that to write too? It isn't feasible for you to take classes right now, but with the kids getting older, couldn't you set a time once a week where you pretend to go to class as if you were in school and take a couple hours to work on what you would be doing if you were in school? Reading, maybe? Writing? You could find a free online course to follow a syllabus and just have at it. Or, I have all my old syllabi from my English courses--i could copy them for you. It would give you some time to yourself, it would be exercising the talents you would like to hone later with school, and it would probably cut down on some of the craziness that builds up. I bet Nate would be understanding.

Just an idea...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:04 pm

I think that is a great idea, and I have kind of been throwing that around too, I guess I just hadn't thought that I could actually access something to study....that is a great idea!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Yeah, I think there are enrichment classes you can find--i think we talked about Barnes and Noble having them before, right?!

Or, I am sure if you look online, you can find workbooks to encourage creative writing...with prompts, etc.

Or even, find a group of people who do their own psuedo-class--where they write and edit together. Encourage one another, challenge one another. Like Lewis, Tolkien, and Williams in the Bird and the Baby Club (or whatever that was called).
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 am

making cookies for our Valentine party on Friday. I like cooking with the kids, it is one of my favorite things to do...hopefully the cookies I chose work out....we shall see....there is like an unspoken competition between the prek rooms to come up with clever ideas. We are making stained glass cookies.

My house is in such a terrible state, but I just haven't had much time....so tonight, I will be cleaning....tomorrow I clean for the Pataskis, so it would be nice to have some of my own cleaning done!

We only got about 3 inches overnight, so not enough for a delay....so off we go! I have already been out to the grocery store today.

Have a good day!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 am

We got about 5". I got up early to shovel the drive for the basement carpet guys to pull in their van. They called at 8am to tell me they were scared of a widdle snow and could we reschedule for Friday.
Buncha babies
So I got to work late for no good reason.
Ugh

Now working and then a dinner meeting with a ministry that wants to partner with WP.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 am

We got somewhere between 6 and 10 inches. It took me an hour to shovel the drive. Now I am out running errands. I am loving the extra day off!!

I just got invitations to the wedding shower I am co-hosting printed and now I am heading to see Crazy Heart. Then I will have a bit more shopping, some reading and relaxing, and then hanging with a friend to see her new loft downtown.

It's a nice day!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 am

A new day, a new attitude! Very Happy

I've been off to a slow start this morning, lingering while enjoying my coffee, but I need to get off my duff and get some walks shoveled. I'm hoping my brother is here to clear the lot soon.

My furnace guy is coming to take the bad part out to go find a replacement, and I have to work at 4pm. Still have to wash uniforms. Guess it time to start my day.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 am

I think, if I had regular late-start scheduling, I would never actually get anything done... Wink
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 am

If you can, watch David Letterman tonight. Josh Turner will singing a song written by a good friend of mine, Elliott Park, who wrote a huge hit a couple of years ago named "I Loved Her First".

Also, don't forget to call in and request it at your local country stations.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Wow, that's really cool, MT.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:11 pm

JamesWilliams wrote:If you can, watch David Letterman tonight. Josh Turner will singing a song written by a good friend of mine, Elliott Park, who wrote a huge hit a couple of years ago named "I Loved Her First".

that song makes me cry every time I hear it....Nate is going to dance with Piri to it at her wedding, it will be old by then, but still so beautiful.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

well, it has snowed pretty steady here all day too, we are up to about a foot....I got stuck in my driveway when I got home.

The twins trip is postponed, but they need shoes, so we are supposed to go shopping for them tonight....I don't want to go out again, but I guess, they do really need shoes.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Angie wrote:
JamesWilliams wrote:If you can, watch David Letterman tonight. Josh Turner will singing a song written by a good friend of mine, Elliott Park, who wrote a huge hit a couple of years ago named "I Loved Her First".

that song makes me cry every time I hear it....Nate is going to dance with Piri to it at her wedding, it will be old by then, but still so beautiful.

I just looked it up because I hadn't heard it. And it made me tear up too. Piri is so fortunate to have the love of a father like that, Angie.

Well, every girl/woman is!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Katy! I see you, but you haven't posted. What's up with you today? Anything exciting?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm

no, just working.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Had a looong meeting at work, almost 2 hours. But it was good, lots of productive venting.
Then jetted off to a dinner meeting with two girls that are trying to start a ministry called 2 Girls for Hope. It's a cookie and other things ministry and they're trying to do kind things through baked good for women that stay at battered women shelters and rape shelters. WP is going to partner with them on some things and see how it goes.

Oh! And I schedule for my tub and surround in the hall bath to be re-glazed so my ugly blue tub and surround will soon be pristine white for only $450!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 am

Are they doing the tile as well or are they putting a surround over the tile?

A whole new bathroom, wow!!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 am

Yep, they're re-glazing the tub and the surround
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 am

Hello Wednesday. I'm up earlier than usual because I have so much going on today! Sadly I'll be at work during most of it. My poor father has to meet the delivery guy, the contractor, and the P.B. and inspector today. All while I'm at work. I wish I could just take the day off, but I need the money.

School's are delayed because of the snow we got last night, but it wasn't that bad so hopefully they still go to school today. This town is chaos when school is canceled.

So good morning forum!

Oh and for those of you that are carrying a February funk or are just feeling the blahs, or having a rough time, or just need one..... hug or if it's more appropriate... sad hug
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 am

Working then going to a knitting small group! I'm so excited. I apparently suck at teaching myself to knit Sad
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 am

I took another day off of work. Everyone else was kind of heading back to work, so because I have the time, I thought I would take the day off to see if I can help with stuff like addressing envelopes for thank yous or what have you.

I would also like to catch up on some of my personal matters that have been pushed to the side because of all this stuff. It's crazy how one event can throw off all of my routines that I follow.

Tonight is the beginning of our Lent series at church. I haven't ever really done anything for lent. Do you? I am going to be focusing on it this year though and that excites me!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am

I haven't observed Lent, but I think I might this year.
I'm feeling a little scared by God right now. Like I'm wanting to not interact with him for fear of what he will show/tell me.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next