Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Moment

+7
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Angie
meether369
Admin
Bethany
Katykc
Pete
11 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

At the Moment - Page 8 Empty Re: At the Moment

Post by Katykc Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 pm

ATM- I finally made it home... I got stuck about 10 miles outside of work... waited at a subway for 3 hours... the roads finally became less busy and less icy... so while i was waiting for a ride to save me, it started snowing again... so I decided to brave it... the scary thing is i had tried to make it up the same hill 3 times before finally making it. I should have just left my car in the parking garage and taken the train. It was crazy. But I'm home and i have orange juice.

Holly, I hope you made it home okay... 26 was really icy.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 am

Katykc wrote:ATM- I finally made it home... I got stuck about 10 miles outside of work... waited at a subway for 3 hours... the roads finally became less busy and less icy... so while i was waiting for a ride to save me, it started snowing again... so I decided to brave it... the scary thing is i had tried to make it up the same hill 3 times before finally making it. I should have just left my car in the parking garage and taken the train. It was crazy. But I'm home and i have orange juice.

Holly, I hope you made it home okay... 26 was really icy.

Wow! That's insane! Glad you made it safely.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 am

glad you made it home safe Katy. And glad for the nice people at subway who gave you coffee. Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 am

ATM I'm curled up in the guest room bed of my boss' house. My truck isn't 4wd and the back is too light. I attempted to make my way home but was fishtailing everywhere. My boss hadn't left the office yet and I was able to turn around and left my truck at the office and came home with her. She drives a Mercedes an that thing is like a brick on wheels! I'm sad that I'm not home with my kitties and they are all alone, but they'll survive. Really glad I didn't chance it. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow and I'll prolly go home at lunch to check on things and maybe stay put if needed.

Glad you made it home, Katy. I'm stuck in Vancouver, but this is one of the many blessings of working in a small office and having the relationship I do with my boss. I'll also be buying some sandbags tomorrow to weigh down my truck. Hopefully there's not a mad dash for them and they aren't sold out like the AC units this summer!

Oh and sorry if any typos or odd words. Typing from my iPhone and sometimes hit one too many keys :-)
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 am

I'm glad you are safe, Holly. I'm praying for rain tonight.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:17 am

It's supposed to warm up to 45 tomorrow with rain, so hopefully it'll all wash away.

Oh and another blessing...I get to sleep in an extra 2 hours in the morning! I usually get there at 7, but boss says there's no way she's doing that. So we just have to be there by 9. Gonna be weird getting there so late, but 2 hours more of sleep! I better get started!!! lol
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 am

Glad you both made it back safely!
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:27 am

hollydog22 wrote:It's supposed to warm up to 45 tomorrow with rain, so hopefully it'll all wash away.

Oh and another blessing...I get to sleep in an extra 2 hours in the morning! I usually get there at 7, but boss says there's no way she's doing that. So we just have to be there by 9. Gonna be weird getting there so late, but 2 hours more of sleep! I better get started!!! lol

Yeah... it was supposed to be 42 with rain yesterday. I dislike snow. I hope it leaves soon.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm

ATM I'm sitting at my desk. Even though I got a few more hours sleep I feel very sleepy. Prolly cause I didn't sleep in my own bed. And yes, I'm having to wear the same clothes as I did yesterday, but my boss washed them so they're clean Very Happy

Really hoping I can make it home today. If I get stuck at home I'll be okay with that.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 pm

ATM- I'm suddenly very exhausted
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 pm

hollydog22 wrote:ATM I'm sitting at my desk. Even though I got a few more hours sleep I feel very sleepy. Prolly cause I didn't sleep in my own bed. And yes, I'm having to wear the same clothes as I did yesterday, but my boss washed them so they're clean Very Happy

Really hoping I can make it home today. If I get stuck at home I'll be okay with that.

I think the main roads will be okay. I hope you make it home too.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Katykc wrote:
hollydog22 wrote:ATM I'm sitting at my desk. Even though I got a few more hours sleep I feel very sleepy. Prolly cause I didn't sleep in my own bed. And yes, I'm having to wear the same clothes as I did yesterday, but my boss washed them so they're clean Very Happy

My boss gave me permission (at least last night she did) to go home at lunch today. Cats need food and stuff, and if I get stuck then I can't make it back to work Very Happy I think that's her fear, but I'd be okay with it. Hmmm...I should make sure her afternoon appointment has everything she needs, just in case. And there's no appointments tomorrow so if I stayed home then the office would be ok.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

and before I get too far towards home I'm stopping at Home Depot to get some sandbags for the back of my truck.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I love clementines
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 pm

hollydog22 wrote:
Katykc wrote:

My boss gave me permission (at least last night she did) to go home at lunch today. Cats need food and stuff, and if I get stuck then I can't make it back to work Very Happy I think that's her fear, but I'd be okay with it. Hmmm...I should make sure her afternoon appointment has everything she needs, just in case. And there's no appointments tomorrow so if I stayed home then the office would be ok.

If you need help with anything let me know.. my mom has snow tires and 4 wheel drive so if you get stuck I can try and help.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Katykc wrote:If you need help with anything let me know.. my mom has snow tires and 4 wheel drive so if you get stuck I can try and help.

Sweet! got your number on speed dial! I think I need to practice putting chains on my tires...when its cold and exhaustion and fear creeps in, can't really get anything accomplished or focus
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 pm

hollydog22 wrote:
Katykc wrote:If you need help with anything let me know.. my mom has snow tires and 4 wheel drive so if you get stuck I can try and help.

Sweet! got your number on speed dial! I think I need to practice putting chains on my tires...when its cold and exhaustion and fear creeps in, can't really get anything accomplished or focus

Yeah, i got help putting mine on last night only to find they were too small.. apparently they were for my old car.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm

ATM I'm wondering how the roads are doing ... didn't make it home during lunch, but did get sandbags for the back of my truck. Wonder if I should look into going home early. Though there is only an hour left of the workday.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:51 pm

ATM-I would sacrifice my firstborn child for a whisky river bbq burger from red robin.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:04 pm

hollydog22 wrote:ATM I'm wondering how the roads are doing ... didn't make it home during lunch, but did get sandbags for the back of my truck. Wonder if I should look into going home early. Though there is only an hour left of the workday.

The streets are clear downtown.. but I realize that doesn't help you at all.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Been given the OK to go home now. Slow and steady ^__^
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:27 pm

ATM I'm so glad to be home, I had the longest most obnoxious day at work today and I couldn't get home fast enough. I was supposed to be meeting people at the bar tonight for a drink but they are all sick now, and I can't say that I'm sorry. I just want to make some dinner, take out my contacts and curl up on the couch. I think my body is starting to fight something off, it's doing well, but I'm getting worn out fairly easily, so if my body needs more rest to keep it away, I'll give it all the rest I can give it.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Pete wrote:ATM I'm so glad to be home, I had the longest most obnoxious day at work today and I couldn't get home fast enough. I was supposed to be meeting people at the bar tonight for a drink but they are all sick now, and I can't say that I'm sorry. I just want to make some dinner, take out my contacts and curl up on the couch. I think my body is starting to fight something off, it's doing well, but I'm getting worn out fairly easily, so if my body needs more rest to keep it away, I'll give it all the rest I can give it.

Yuck! Although, good to get the rest!

We went out last night and I got so sick from the smell of smoke...that wouldn't do for you if you're already fighting something off!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:53 pm

It's nice that I don't have any symptoms so far, but I can feel my blood cells fighting if that makes sense. lol. I've limited my contact with children and parents for the most part and most of the time I'm at work where I wash my hands like 1100 times, so so far so good this year. (knocking on wood)
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:28 pm

ATM--figured out how to Sticky!! Did ya notice?! :D
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content