Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday!!

+5
Katykc
Pete
Admin
Angie
meether369
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Saturday!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Saturday!!

Post by meether369 Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:50 am

Heading out now to Spring Serve--initiative by our church where thousands of people descend upon different areas of Metro Detroit and try to make the world a bit better. I believe I will be doing yardwork for a ministry downtown.

The drama at work has me really upset. But, interestingly, Rob Bell's sermon for today is on "Blessed are the Peacemakers" so I am intrigued to see what message God has for me this weekend. I have to deal with these issues on Monday and I want to be a Child of God through it.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 am

All of my plans fell through today. So I'm spending the day on the sofa watching movies on the DVr at the dogsitting house. My sister might come over for a few hours since Matthew is with Jeff's mom and Jeff is working.

Also, today is the 10th anniversary of when Denise was killed. I'm doing better with it this year then other years, but it's still shitty Sad
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:03 am

Bethany wrote:All of my plans fell through today. So I'm spending the day on the sofa watching movies on the DVr at the dogsitting house. My sister might come over for a few hours since Matthew is with Jeff's mom and Jeff is working.

Also, today is the 10th anniversary of when Denise was killed. I'm doing better with it this year then other years, but it's still shitty Sad

sad hug

I do hope you find some enjoyment in your day of relaxing.........finally. Kiss
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 am

I'm installing some new ceiling tile before work today in preparation of the appraisal on Monday. Then I work until 7 tonight, hope to power nap and then some friends are taking me out tonight. Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Onto the 3rd movie of the day...Running Man starring the Govenator
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat May 01, 2010 7:58 am

I did a little running this morning, now it is time to get ready for baseball games. It is supposed to rain this afternoon so I don't know what we will be doing, I want to go out on a date with Nate....it is one of those weekends where it would be fun to be in Chautauqua.

The twins have already texted me a bunch from DC, they sound like they are having a blast, so that is cool.

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat May 01, 2010 8:13 am

Today is D Day--or should I say W Day...the wedding! And it's raining like crazy. It's an outdoor wedding. Sad we shall see what the day brings... On my way now to get my hair done.

Last night was a lot of fun. And even though I am bigger than all the other girls (even ones not in the wedding--spouses of men) they are a welcoming and don't make me feel awkward at all. So that's cool. I want to have fun today--it's all about attitude, right?!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 am

it's totally all about your own attitude Mel!!

I'm getting packed up and heading off to Cleveland!! It's the first time I'll be visiting Jake and Cody so I'm a little nervous about getting lost, but Google maps makes it look so easy to find, so I'm sure I'll be fine. Laughing

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat May 01, 2010 9:39 am

Have fun Pete!

Mel, have fun at the wedding. I'm so glad all the women were welcoming!
I'm planning on bunkering down and cleaning the house. I also have to bake 50 muffins for our friend day at church tomorrow.
I suppose the first step to doing that is you know....getting off of my bed Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat May 15, 2010 10:51 am

Welp, it's Saturday. And it's beautiful out. And I paid my bills and dealt with my budget, which I haven't done in a while which has incurred some negative consequences. Oh well, it's just money, right?

I am heading to run errands and then back home to do stuff around the house. As hard as it is to get motivated to do things on days off, it really feels good once the things are done.

Hope you all are having beautiful Saturdays with the right mix of productivity and peace. Smile
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat May 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I had a productive morning....I made coffee... drank coffee... then made sangria... but it hasn't been consumed yet... I'm not a lush after all. We are going to Anveighs soccer game at 11:30 and then to lunch and I'm hoping to hit up the farmers market.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat May 15, 2010 5:41 pm

I woke up from my cold medicine induced coma, went to work for 6 hours, took a 1/2 hour nap, I'm getting drugged up again and then going to a big club tonight with an old friend who convinced me to go. Otherwise I'd be curling up in bed the rest of night and try to get over this allergy/cold/congestion crap.

I'm going tonight with my friend and 10 girls she works with, that I've never met before. Hopefully no drama and we can just have a good night.

Tomorrow I have to get up fairly early, make 25# of Macaroni salad, deliver said salad and door prizes to the family golf outing for Relay for Life, come home and get ready to work tomorrow night.

I'm just so tired thinking of it all. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat May 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Yuck! Sucks being sick! Hope the drug cocktail works.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 am

yeah, it works for a short time. I thought I could dance it out tonight, but it just didn't feel like a club night so it was a rather dull night. I didn't really like the bar anyway, that and my throat hurt so much I couldn't get into the night.

I'm going to bed now, it's going to be an early morning.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun May 16, 2010 9:03 pm

I went to a city wide garage sale with Sharen and the kids, then I got ready for a 50s bbq at Alaina's house. Got all dressed up.

<--------------See

It was a lot of fun, but sometimes I'm just reminded how different Alaina and I's lives are now. She's moving to DC in August and I'm really happy for her. Sometimes it's just awkward settling into new roles in peoples lives.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat May 22, 2010 12:55 pm

So, I fell asleep at 9:30 last night and woke up at 7:30 this morning... and since I'm house sitting, I'm close to a couple of shopping center, so I walked to Noah's Bagels and got breakfast and coffee... now, umm.. when did a bagel and plain coffee start to cost $5! Apparently, this isn't something I do very often or I would know that. Also, I just started to pay closer attention to how I spend my money in the last year or so... so maybe I never noticed before... or just didn't care. Anyway, I'm trying to decide between the book store, a movie, or staying in and having a Friends marathon. Smile
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat May 22, 2010 2:51 pm

I worked for about 5 hours this morning putting chair covers on and now I've just woken up from a hardcore nap and am getting ready to head to the store for some groceries.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat May 29, 2010 9:29 am

Hanging out at Pete's house trying to get up the energy to get in the shower.
He's working 11-7 and I'm heading to Clyde to hang out with Nicole and Jerry. Tonight I'll be meeting a bunch of his family and trying not to slap his rump and call him lover Wink
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am

I had a great time driving around looking at things around my hometown, headed back to Pete's house and got a speeding ticket Rolling Eyes
Ugh
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm

trying not to slap his rump and call him lover

Shocked
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 pm

I got the laundry room door and the replacement basement bathroom door hung today. It took some finagling and a smidge cut off the bottom of one door but they're in!
I also got the vanity, toilet, and shower hardware put in the upstairs bathroom.
I'm so excited!
All it cost me was $20.01, the cost of a pizza, breadsticks, diet pepsi and beer for the guys that helped me Smile

Then I rearranged the living room upstairs and my room to make room for a TV to move from downstairs to make room for Pete's stuff. The cable needs to be longer, but I have extra. So I just need to buy a connector and then I can run the cable upstairs. Sharen and Matthew came over for dinner and the kitchen ended up clean too Smile

Oh, and I swept up at least 3 cats worth of hair from my floors, yech.
I love crawling into bed knowing most of the house is clean and rearranged into a new and exciting (well, to me at least) way. Also, it's clean sheet night!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 am

YEAH!!! I'm so excited!!

I spent the day at work, what fun that was. Then I came home, did most of my paperwork I needed to get done for the business closing, searched for a job in Cincinnati (completely overwhelming by the way), and then mapped out my journey tomorrow back to Michigan where I spent 5 of some of the toughest years of my life, to go to a memorial service.

I think it's the memorial service that will make everything alright. I'm going to pay tribute to an awesome woman whose friendship, no matter how brief was genuine and loving and she was one amazing lady.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I just returned from clean up at our local Relay for Life. So much work goes into this throughout the year and last night they had tornado's rip through the area again and ended relay at about 10:30pm. They started again this morning at 8am. During the storm scare last night they evacuated the camping area and had everyone head over to the elementary school down the street to take cover from the storm but created mass hysteria in doing so. Luckily the worse injury was my cousin having her toe broke by someone tipping over a bench in the panic.

I on the other hand was standing in my hard watching the storm.

All in all, even considering the fact we weren't there all night this year, our local Relay for Life managed to raise over $192,000. I don't think that's too bad.

Now it's time to head to my aunt's to go swimming for awhile, it's going to be in the 90's today.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Dogsitting. Hanging out watching movies all day. The dog let me "sleep in" until 630, then after he was fed and went potty I crashed on the sofa until 10am. I have been so sleepy this week!

So far I've watched:
The Wrestler, City of Angels, part of 28 Days, Truman Show, and now I'm watching Titanic
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:50 pm

I have watched Rescue Me all day. Day 2. Sounds like we're doing a lot of the same thing!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum