Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday!!

+5
Katykc
Pete
Admin
Angie
meether369
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Saturday!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Saturday!!

Post by Bethany Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:17 pm

What kind of soup Katy?
How did the showing go Pete?
Are you madly in love with the bartender yet Mel?
How was the walk Holly?

I think that's all. Kirsten loved the first dress she got I'm going to try to post a picture.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm

I couldn't figure out how to link the picture to the post so I just made it my avatar.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Bethany wrote:What kind of soup Katy?
How did the showing go Pete?
Are you madly in love with the bartender yet Mel?
How was the walk Holly?

I think that's all. Kirsten loved the first dress she got I'm going to try to post a picture.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We had some leftover carnitas from the other night athat my mom froze, so I made a carnitas chili soup.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:40 pm

There are kids in Jr High School who weren't born when the Cowboys last won a playoff game. We finally won tonight. It's a good feeling.
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 am

Wgile I was rooting for Philly, I have to say Dallas deserved that win. The Eagles fell apart.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 am

The showing went alright, he's a very hard person to read. The last statement was "If things go the way I want them too, the only thing to stop me would be financing."

He's worried about the down payment, so I'm not so sure it will happen, but I'm just playing along for a bit to see how it will work out. The bank is very specific about down payments on businesses being 20%, and for a young family, that's a bit of cash.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am

Bethany wrote:
How was the walk Holly?

the walk was good! Went a little further than I had planned, but kept wanting to see what was in the town. I also realized that I either walk up a crazy steep hill or go all the way around ... I took the hill. It about kicked my ass...but I think it's going to be a great training tool. Found my odometer after I got back and will use it tomorrow to figure how far I actually went.

And her dress is super cute!!!
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I think I'm going to make chili soon, maybe white chili....Any one have a recipe? (I'll start a thread in food...)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:26 am

Well, I just have to get a few things done around the house and then we are off for a relaxing mini vacation. I can't believe that we have been together 20 years tomorrow! We are going to stop and get some sleds to take with us, as Chautauqua is pretty much built on a huge hill and will provide great sledding.

The twins are staying home by themselves, this will be a first, but I do trust them and we have several people nearby who could come to their aid if the need arose.

I hope you guys have a great Saturday!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 am

How fun! I hope you guys have a relaxing time!

I am going to get some work done around here and then hopefully get in at a free City and Colour concert. There is also a homeless barbecue this afternoon I think I will try to stop in at.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:20 am

How do you get all of these great FREE concerts?!?

If the Hip come top Detroit you must let us know!

I hope you have a productive and super fun day....how are you feeling? And how is your grandma doing?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 am

I don't remember what other free concerts I have been to at the moment...but one of our Canadian radio stations always has a free concert the afternoon of the band's real concert.

I think I looked at the Hip website and they're in Europe or something. I don't really remember...but I will keep an ear open just to get you guys here sometime! Smile

My back is feeling a lot better, but not 100% yet. I had a chat with my grandma last week and it went well. My mom wants to be the one to address the drinking, which she hasn't fully done yet. But I don't think grandma has done it since 2 weeks ago. So I don't really know. She seems okay, but she's an odd one...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

I slept in until 1130 this morning. Thank you clean sheet night! I went to bed about 1130pm so I slept good and hard for 12 hours, so refreshing.

Went to the library with my sister and Matthew. Got The Geometry Sisters, Time Travelers Wife and A Song I knew by Heart which is the story of a woman Naomi whose son was killed in a car accident and she relocated back to her hometown with her daughter in law Ruth. I read half of it today already so good.

De-Christmas'd my house while taking a few reading breaks. Washed all my clothes and a load of sheets, rearranged my living room and now watching HP HBP for the 2nd time in 24 hours and thinking about finishing my book Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Today, Kevin and his bf Dave and I went to the West Portal area of SF and had lunch and did some toy shopping at some cute toy stores... there is even a toy store for all things board games! I bought the girls a cool game. It's a little over Anveighs age range, but I think we can finagle it so that she will be able to play it.
After that went back to Dave's apartment (which has a gorgeous view of almost the entire city) and played the Clue card game.
Tonight the other Kevin and I are going to wander the city and have dinner and maybe go see Avatar.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I have been catching up on reading, emails, etc. all morning. It is nice to relax. I am thinking I will spend the rest of the day here in my cozy bed, too. I haven't gotten into the real deep introspection yet, but I think it takes some coaxing, so I am just kind of chilling out for a while.

What are y'all up to?!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Well, I did some cleaning, and have folded a mountain of laundry. Hopefully we will get outdoors....I like your idea of some deep introspection, but maybe I am also afraid of it? Plus I would have to find somewhere other than home to have that kind of time.

A friend of mine on facebook posted a prayer request for family in his community whose daughter was killed crossing the street to her school bus, and it really brought out some of my fears and depression issues yesterday, also still working on the family issues that swirl in my mind....but I think that I am afraid most of all that if I think too hard about things I will find that I really don't have a very deep mind and that I am just a shallow boring person....I really am afraid of that.

So, anyway....I need to find a way to try to develop myself, I feel like I have allowed myself to stagnate for a long time. I guess that is a goal.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Angie... I don't think that there is any way that you have a shallow boring person.... I think your mind is deeper than you realize.

Anyway, I sent an email last night in hopes that it would help a lot of my emotional issues that I was keeping hidden. I realized that keeping everything in my own head was pretty much going to make me physically sick. So, I'm anxiously awaiting a reply....
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm

I can't remember the thread I mentioned this in... but I found it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:13 pm

It was kind of too slow for me. But, very interesting to see JT in that kind of role as a musician.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 pm

I thought it was fantastic, and the Morris guy...he is good, his dad is an amazing singer as well. It was lovely, kind of like Jeff Buckley's version.

And Katy, thanks for the encouragement. Smile I hope you get the reply you want....waiting on things sucks!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Angie wrote:I thought it was fantastic, and the Morris guy...he is good, his dad is an amazing singer as well. It was lovely, kind of like Jeff Buckley's version.

And Katy, thanks for the encouragement. Smile I hope you get the reply you want....waiting on things sucks!

You know, I'm not sure I really wanted a certain reply... I just wanted to know I didn't make an ass of myself... and I didn't.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:35 am

I have a baby shower later today and then might head to see "Dear John." I am in the mood for some real melodrama! Happy Saturday!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:18 pm

I fell asleep at about 9:30 last night so I was up fairly early this morning. I decided to throw some clothes on and go here for breakfast...http://www.kensartisan.com/pastry.html (the second picture on the top row on the second page is what I had) then came back and now I'm going to take a shower and walk to powell's. It'll be a bit of a walk, but the slope will be downhill and I can take the streetcar back Smile Then I'm going in search of a bead store that is about 10 blocks from here. Then I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'm on limited funds, so I'll have to be creative... it's beautiful outside though, so hopefully I can soak up some sun!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:49 pm

It snowed about 6" or so here last night and the drive of the house I'm staying at is long and wide :sigh:
So I shoveled for awhile because their snow blower is out of service (dammit)
Now I'm watching part 2 of the John Adams series that was on HBO a year or two ago. It's really really good.

I'm making homemade chipotle tonight complete with pinto beans but spanish rice instead of ass rice. So that should be good
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 pm

I cleaned out my refrigerator and got groceries, made meatballs and taco meat for the week, and washed a load of laundry.....and I haven't even made a small dent in what needs to be done.

Going to try to work at some more stuff and then I am babysitting for a friend tonight, at her house, so my house will at least stay as is!

Looking forward to my hour alone tomorrow morning!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum