Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday!!

+5
Katykc
Pete
Admin
Angie
meether369
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Saturday!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Saturday!!

Post by Katykc Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm sicker today than I have been al week. I really hope this is the bend in the road.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:53 pm

We took the canoe out on the lake. And the kids went swimming for awhile.

My dog is sick, and I feel terrible, because I think I should be taking him to the emergency vet, but I know I can't afford it....I am praying he makes it to Monday....and I know that sounds so horrible, and I am afraid he isn't going to...but I don't know what to do. He was vomiting Thursday, but I thought it was from the heat...so I didn't think a lot of it, but I realized last night he hadn't eaten anything, and he isn't eating at all today....he has drank water....but that is all. He's only 9, so it isn't like he is at death age or anything.... Oh, it is so hard having pets, and people who can't afford them shouldn't have them.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Katy I hope you feel better and that this is the bend in the road sad hug

Ang, I hope your doggie gets better swiftly and freely
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:56 pm

me too, thanks!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh no! Poor prowler. It's good that he's drinking water. It might be just something he ate. I can't imagine if I were in that bind, Angie.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 am

the worst part was I looked stuff up on the internet, and I found this question and answer site, and all of these people had answered someone who had asked a question about their dog who was in a similar state, and they also didn't have much money for the vet, and people were being very rude.....some people really don't understand financial difficulty, I guess.

We did go for a walk, and he tries so hard to go poo, but he is just getting a little runny stuff.....yuck! But at least he is drinking and still about the same....

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah, I think the drinking is a really good sign. When they're really, really sick, they stop doing that too.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Ang, my friend Claire (who is West Chesters answer to Ceaser Milan) suggested trying to get the dog to eat rice and meat.
She said:
Boil either hamburger or chicken breast. Strain to get rid of fat and of course bones if using chicken breast. Mix with cooked rice in portions of three to one. Rice being the larger portion.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Today I went grocery shopping with Sharen, bought more than what was on my list and came in almost $20 under budget!
Came home to put stuff away, checked the mail and got my dog sitting check from last week, they paid me DOUBLE and sent a note about how much peace of mind I give them while they're out so it's worth it...ch-freakin-ching! Now I can renew my car registration Smile

Then cleaned out the 2nd and 3rd bedroom, finally unpacked all my suitcases and put away my laundry and made bowtie lasagna for dinner, yummy!
Played some Mario with Matthew and then put him to bed. I'm keeping him overnight because Sharen & Jeff are going to the drive in for date night and won't be home until 130am.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:29 pm

I helped a friend get her two dogs in for their shots this afternoon and then got some planning work done for next year. It felt good to be so ahead of the game!!

I came home and started to read, but fell asleep instead. Just waking up from a 3 hour nap, and wondering if I should just go back to sleep for good!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 am

Mel, please don't go to sleep for good. For the rest of the night is acceptable, but not for good. We'd miss you too much.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:32 am

Pete wrote:Mel, please don't go to sleep for good. For the rest of the night is acceptable, but not for good. We'd miss you too much.

Hah, ok. Wish granted. I woke up this morning!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:33 pm

happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I was VERY productive today!
I got my tags renewed, bought cable splitters and grass killer (for the drive) (but forgot to get Pete's keys made, DAMMIT!)
Then Sharen and I re-routed the cable upstairs for the box downstairs, moved the tv and stand upstairs, cleaned the living room and cleared the basement out except for a few things that have to stay or I don't have space in the garage for yet b/c you know....my car is still in there Smile

Also, I saw a grown man (about 50) shitting behind a tree, and by behind a tree I mean beside but in front of the car I was in. He then walked away and then RAN back while pantsing himself and shit again. Oh the humanity!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:02 am

I feel like I have been go-go-going all week. Today, I am helping a friend who just bought a house clean and paint. Should be a full day of more going!

Hoping to get some rest sometime soon. And feel like I live at my house, not just sleep there.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:13 am

So far today my dad and I have weeded the back sand lot and the side behind the shed, organized the garage and cleaned out the shed and put at least twice as much stuff back in it.
Now off to shop at Costco, get an area rug and general merriment. Later, PF Changs for dinner.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:37 pm

I feel like I have been cooking all day....there is still chicken in the oven. It is just me and Piri and Andrew tonight. Nate is playing guitar at a camp service, and the other boys went to the races with their grandpa.

So.....I am trying to decide on cleaning, or doing something counterproductive to the cleaning. ?

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:19 pm

12 hours of painting. Eye-yeye-yeye...
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 am

What did you end up doing Angie?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:24 am

Saturday I didn't do a whole lot, but Sunday I really got into cleaning....my house looks pretty good, There is still tons more I can do, but it is nice to know I have accomplished something!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am

Yeah, I love having a clean house...but I hate actually having to clean it Smile
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm starting my new job today and I'm starting to get nervous and it makes no sense. It's just all about meeting new people the work should be easy but I worry about meeting people's expectations.

It will be nice to go to work again though, it's all new to me, this whole retail situation. Air conditioning, no food timers, no service timers, it's going to be a whole new world.

I just hope the guy training me is as nice as the managers I've met so far. They warned me I'd either like him or hate him, there is no gray area with him. Oh well I do what I have to do. Time to put on my big boy pants. Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Special day with my 12 year old niece Shelby. We had mani/pedi's, putt putt golfing, Fuji House (a hibachi grill), Cold Stone and now we're watching movies.

Work drama has erupted and I'm getting text messages about it which is dramatic and annoying...and it's only going to get worse next week. So we'll see how that goes :sigh:
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah, had a long night with Shelby. She learned for real for the first time what the Holocaust was and what it meant. Good conversations though with her asking, what she would have done had she been alive then and even though she knew she couldn't go back in time and change it how can she help it be better now.
Heavy stuff, but good conversations about grace throughout.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 am

Special day with my older niece. We're getting Starbuck, then painting pottery, Panera for lunch, shopping at Best Buy, making homemade pizza and watching movies if not some laser tag in there.
Should be fun, and exhausting.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum